“Modern hotel, Good Food, Free Wifi”

Jambuluwuk Malioboro
Ranked #28 of 204 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Modern hotel, Good Food, Free Wifi”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Good base for Prambanan and Borobudur sightseeing. The hotel has a beautiful lobby and lush pool area with waterfalls (however a female in a bathing suit swimming would attract a LOT of male attention). The hotel is located about a 18 - 20 minute walk (casual pace) from Malioboro street. There are bicycle rickshaws right outside the hotel at all times, and also on Malioboro street, to take you back and forth for about 20,000 to if you don't want to walk it. The room was modern with flat screen TV. The TV had at least 3 premium movie channels in English, plus other English channels. The toileties included a toothbrush, but no hair conditioner or body lotion. There is a handy hotpot with coffee/tea, and 2 complimentary bottles of water replaced daily. The breakfast is really outstanding with a table full of interesting Asian selections, another with fresh fruits and yogurt, and another area with breads, plus an egg station. There's a wall of various juices and a shake station, too. The free wifi did not reach the rooms on the eight floor and was weak on the 3rd floor, so you might try a lower floor for a stronger signal. Wifi worked great in the lobby, plus the staff will let you use the computer at the guest relations desk if you don't have your own. Staff was very courteous and accommodating as I had to change my room the 2nd night. I asked or a quieter room since the 4:34am call to prayer wakes up every rooster in a 5 mile radius. I moved from the 3rd to 8th floor, and it was super quiet. The hotel doesn't open the restaurant for lunch or dinner, but offers prompt in-room dining 24 hours. They don't add any room service charges or anything extra, so it's just the menu prices which are very reasonable. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need in-room wifi, ask for a room on 1st or 2nd floor as the signal is weak on 3rd floor and...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Tamara954

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,046 helpful votes
Reviewed May 6, 2012

When I read some review about this hotel at other forum, I was a bit scared.

But the hotel staff wass sooo polite, and it melts my heart. They told me where to go and what to do. Gave me map. May be because we're speaking the same language? I didn't talk in english with them, so I don't experience any language problem.

Ps. Take taxi, just take becak once if you want to experience it. Taxi is cheaper and faster. It spend me 8k to malioboro from hotel. And by becak 15k to malioboro for 2 person.
I never walk around from the hotel, so I'm not sure if malioboro is so close.

The room service is nice, the blackpaper beef was the best blackpaper beef I ever taste (but I think its depend on who's cooking it). And their price is reasonable for a hotel price. The cooking time were also fast. I ordered room service everyday for breakfast. Sometimes, the taste was different from the other day.

Basically this is a nice hotel, but the finishing part by the contractor was totally failed, esp at the bathroom.

What turn me off from this hotel is, the hotelroom is not soundproof. My room was located near the elevator and there is always some youngster who make noise laughing and screaming while waiting for the elevator.
I'm a light sleeper and every morning I've waken up by the morning prayer from the local mosque. But it was not a big problem for me, since its everywhere in Indonesia and I'm used to it.
And the water at bathroom is very very slow. They needed to instal a water pump for this.

But basically, my stay was a pleasant one. Bed was ok. Tv program was complete. Room was huge.
Will I stay here again? Absolutely.

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank beautifulmatters
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I was stay with my family and we booked for 1 Deluxe and 1 Superior room at 3rd floor. Lobby area is nice with traditional javanese lamp hang on the ceiling. Superior room has enough space for couple guest but family i recommend to stay at Deluxe room, it has more space for kids to play or doing some activities at room.

Breakfast is EXCELLENT, there were 7choices of fresh juice from Apple,Mango,Pineapple,Orange
Guava, Grape and Ice Tea. Even 5* hotel not have that many choices sometimes. Variuos of food is good as well with good taste. I put my 5* for selection and various menu at this rest BUT, this suit for Indonesian while for foreigner choices of International menu is less. Play ground located beside rest so kids could bfast with play at plyaground.

Location is around 10minutes walk to Malioboro street and Pasar Beringharjo is 15mnts walk. I would definitely stay at this hotel for my next stay at Jogja. Btw this hotel is not officially open yet, Grand opening will be on June 2nd so enjoy promo rate at around USD 50 for Superior Room at this nice hotel before opening.

Room Tip: For smoker, do request 3rd floor that has nice small garden. you may seat and smoke there rather tha...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family