“One of the best in town” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Styles Yogyakarta

Ibis Styles Yogyakarta
Ranked #20 of 193 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Turin, Italy
“One of the best in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

A colorful hotel with minimal style close to Malioboro street, the shopping main street. Lovely hall.
My room on the 4th floor was ok. Large flat TV, comfortable double bed, clean bathroom with nice amenities.
Breakfast was good and various: fresh fruits, cakes, fresh pastries, and a cook prepares the eggs you wish.
The staff is so lovely especially Mr. Faridik of the reception and Mr. Anto in charge for breakfast room: they are helpful, qualified and so nice, always ready to talk and to help you.
A very good 3 star hotel at a very reasonable price.
Definitely i can recommend it.
I will go back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Svetlanagolubeva
ibis Styles Y, General Manager at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Svetlanagolubeva,

We would like to thank you for choosing Ibis Styles Yogyakarta as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Yogyakarta.

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

Your kind words have been passed on to our teams and particularly to Mr. Farikin and Mr. Anto who made your stay a pleasant one. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.
We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Yogyakarta.

Roni Martadinata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed in a deluxe room where the ceiling needed painting and the room smelt of a recent pest treatment which was confirmed by the two dead cockroaches that greeted me on arrival. It was a basic place with no soap for the bathroom hand basin the shower soap/shampoo was attached to a wall dispenser. The one meal I had was not good. The breakfast was tasteless

I will look for somewhere else next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ibis Styles Y, General Manager at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Smithcornyn,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Styles Yogyakarta. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, especially on the room and meals; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a very good choice in Yogyakarta, the location is at a corner of Dagen Street, away from Malioboro Street, with only 5 mins' walk, very quiet at night, But the Air-conditioning may makes the room a bit dry. The room was very clean and big enough but a bit old, the bathroom was small.
The breakfast was sample, with juice bread, fruit, some local food. The lunch and dinner were very good, although not many choice, the quality and taste were awesome.
The service of the hotel was great, the staff are willing to help and always with smile.
Spa in the hotel was not so remarkable, quite relax but expensive, and the skill was not so great.
The roof bar was good, on 7th level, but not able to enjoy in the rain for it was not fully covered, somehow the view of the Yogyakarta city in the rain was amazing.
One tip for travelers, the street food on Dagen street is worth to try, maybe looks not so clean, but they are the real local food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Muxian S

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta for your recent holiday in Yogyakarta.
I’m happy that you have thoroughly enjoyed our facilities and services on your recent stay with us, especially our friendly and helpful staff, our big and clean room, and our roof top bar as well.
I do appreciate your detail feedback and we will definitively continue to keep and improve our service to make your next stay with us will be at a higher level of satisfaction.
All of us at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta are looking forward to have you back again with us.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Overall this hotel is good value with nice design. Recommended and would probably visit again.
Only one thing about the credit card charges. Since I forgot to bring the credit card that I used to pay for the room, I have to pay again with another credit card. The front office said, the amount will be returned back to my account. I haven't received any confirmation yet, whether the amount has been returned to my account or not. I checked my bank account and it is still remain the same. I have sent an email to the customer service, but there is no response yet. Please kindly advise. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ibis Styles Y, General Manager at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear miatapilouw,

Thank you for taking your time to write your recent stay in Ibis Styles Yogyakarta. It is with much regret we read about the unfortunate circumstances of your credit card charge.

We do apologize for delaying reply your email, our Front Office Manager just sent you an email and please do not hesitate to contact us for this matter.

We hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again in Ibis Styles Yogyakarta . In the meantime, we remain at your disposal should you require any further assistance.

Amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days in the 2nd week of February 2013.

Bed: is ok, not the best nor the worst. It was good.

Cleanliness: good

Location: excellent. It is within walking distance of the main street.

Breakfast: not good. I did not expect much of the intercontinental breakfast (and unfortunately my expectations were met), and even the Indonesian breakfast dishes were mediocre. Pretty bland.

Rooftop bar and a small pool: great views of Yogyakarta. Alcohol is expensive. Service was ok. Pool is small but it is great for cooling down after a long day.

Room: first I got a room with a connecting door which is great if you are travelling with a group or with a family with older kids, but I did not like at all. I could hear everything what happend next door. So the next morning I asked another room and that was. I problem at all. Within 30 minutes I got a new room. Great!

Spa: I took a massage. Expensive but it was very clean which I think is also important. I had a massage for an hour.

WiFi: it was fast, but it would disconnect from the Internet every 5 minutes and I had to login every time, but maybe that is because I am using an IPhone(?).

Docking station for IPod or IPhone: great!

No curtains, but roller blinds: so there will be sun light in your room when the sun rises. No problem for me, but if you want a totally dark room, than you should bring your "sleeping mask".

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ibis Styles Y, General Manager at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear SophiefromAmsterdam,

Thank you for choosing Ibis Styles Yogyakarta as your accommodation during your recent stay in Yogyakarta.

I am very pleased to read that overall you are highly impressed with the quality of stay at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, especially our good location, our cleanliness, and our great rooftop bar & pool.

We will note some points from you and hoping you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again.

Thank you once again for your constructive comments. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our guests.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

They do have a beatiful roof terrace indeed, a perfect place for birthday parties and live music -
every evening till "a bit" after midnight.
So if you are a light sleeper, you might want to think twice before booking.

Room Tip: "Merapi lava" tour booked with the lobby operator is not what one would expect; to be able...