“Accomodating your need”

De Pendopo Homestay
Ranked #43 of 504 Yogyakarta B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was travelling for 3 weeks in Indonesia and from all the accommodations that we were staying in bali, jakarta and bandung, I must admit that de pendopo homestay is the best. The price is affordable but the services are all included. The breakfast time is based on our request and my favourite is the indonesian dish. My girl friend like gudeg, a javanese special cuisine. The owner is very nice and friendly and he always very helpful! De pendopo is highy recommended

Room Tip: book in advance as they only have 4 unit and one family room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank chamberlandxz
dependopo, Owner at De Pendopo Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Chamberland,

We are happy that you take your time to write such a positive review for De Pendopo Homestay. My appreciation for your generous review. I am happy that you enjoy our traditional dish- Gudeg as much as our culture. Thank you so much , and looking forwards to hear your next visit to Indonesia

There are newer reviews for De Pendopo Homestay

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have nothing to do in the planning of our 5 day trip in Indonesia (Jakarta, Yogya & Bali). I know where we are staying, but never had the chance to check the website of De Pendopo. But arriving at this place after a whole day of touring Borobudur, Yogya and near by places, I smiled and I know this is a place worth going to in Yogya. A very homey place, with a garden where you can relax, drink a local beer or coffee. I love it here. The owner and her staff are very accommodating and very helpful to us. Thumbs up! Here is a place to visit and spend your nites while in Yogya.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank crazeee

We really appreciate your time to write this review. I am happy that you enjoy your staying at our little homestay. I wish that one day we can also visit your beautiful country, The Philippine to explore the beauty of its culture and hospitality. Until we meet again, Best, Ira Budi, little amor and selena

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great location- on quiet alleyway that is very near restaurants, antique shops, sights and tour bookings. We stayed for 4 nights in the guest house with our family of four. Our house had 3 Br which allowed us to spread out and offered a nice refuge from hustle bustle of the market place and sites.
Very friendly, relaxed, and welcoming hospitality. Good wifi access. Clean water and tea available all day. Very helpful with any questions or logistics of the area but low key. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the 3BR guest house. Great value, lots of space and very homey.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank rtuden
dependopo, Owner at De Pendopo Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear guest, thank you so much for your generousity filling out this review, we are happy that you have a memorable experience in Jogjakarta. We are grateful that you shared your positive experience staying at our homestay. We wish you a safe travel back in California--I love california, it is one of my favorite place in US besides San Francisco. Best, ira and budi

Reviewed May 12, 2013

De Pendopo Homestay is located in a small alley, thus allowing you to have access to Prawirotaman while hidden from the hustle and bustle on the main street. I was here for a weekend, a bit sick and staying here turned out giving me a peaceful bed rest time.

I love how the owner manage the place. They only have four rooms which ensure there wouldn't be any horrible noise coming up and down. The back garden was also wonderful, not to mention the pendopo itself. The self-service pantry was also great, I am a fan of tea and I feel homy to find out that I can make tea anytime.

If you need anything e.g directions, tour guide, car and motorcycle rental, recommended restaurant etc you can always ask the helpful pak Budi and bu Ira.

The room? It was superb. Not really big, but the wall full of mirror makes it grandiose. The bathtub and hot water was also a big plus. Overall, I'm happy I found this place!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank christinrin

Dear Mbak Christine,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience staying at dependopo homestay. It has been a wonderful time to have you in our place! I am glad that you have a quiet rest in dependopo homestay. our door is always open for you. looking forwards to see you again in Jogjakarta, best ira and budi

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great place to stay with homely feeling yet resort-style ambience managed by a lovely family. Cleanliness is at tip-top condition.

F&B
Delicious home-cooked breakfast with selection of Western & Indonesian for you to choose. Remember to place your order the night before so you'll get exactly what you want at the desired time.

Location
Restaurants, cafe, pub, massage parlor is avaialble at walking distance.
Even its located behind larger hotels, but easily spotted with the help of signboards.

Slightly away from town (appx 3km) but easily accesible with 'becak' local trishaw or even taxi. Cost of travelling to town at average of Rp15,000 - Rp20,000 per trip.
Transfer to airport takes you appx 25-30mins with average of Rp40,000.

Price
Very affortable. You're only paying peanuts but getting a 4-star accomodation.

Room Tip: There're only 4 double rooms with 1 queens bed & 3 dorms available.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fflam
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff of Pendopo were lovely, the bed was comfortable, and breakfast was great. On the down side the pebble bathroom was absolutely filthy as the accumulated hair, dirt, grease, soap of what must have been years was stuck between the pebbles. A notice stuck to the back of the gate said "Please keep gate closed to keep out rats." The air con was, I was told by the owner!, too high on the wall to be adequate, to which I can attest. The common area wasn`t really a common area as it was the main room the family and their small children lived and watched TV. It was also located down a couple of grotty lanes. Having said that, if the bathrooms were tiled, the air con moved lower on the walls, and the rat notice taken away (we don`t need to know everything...), then all would be well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank strudeljanangela
riyadi b, Owner at De Pendopo Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback, we will follow up accordingly to increase our quality of service. Please accept our apologize for the condition of the bathroom, we wish that you mentioned to us during your stay so we could follow up ASAP.
Just FYI, we always clean the room and the bath room, change the bed sheets, towels and floor mats (floor towel mats) for every guest who check-in. We also welcome if guest wants us to clean their room at any time. That's why we provide "Please Clean The Room" sign in every room. Just hang it outside the room door and we will clean the room as requested.
We always notice our future guest (through e-mail) that De Pendopo is a homestay (not a hotel), where our family (with 2 children) also live in the compound and that our guests would likely hear our children voices. This is to ensure that our guests understand the concept of a homestay and and to warn our future guests who have uncomfortable feeling around children to choose another accommodation.
In the end, we would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write this review.
Best regards,
Budi, Ira, little Selena and Amor.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed a couple days here with my friends for a short trip last year. What I was impressed was about the bath room! You could see the bright cloud while you're in the bath tub! The owner was nice and the hospitality is simply amazing with authentic Jogja taste.

Another thing is the location which is a bit inside of small street which enables you to have private surroundings. Restaurant, souvenir shop, and other kind of touristic places are also very close to De Pendopo.

You should try once you visit Jogja!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends