“Yummi”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Singapore
“Yummi”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I had a very short trip to Jogja to see the infamous Borobudur, while, we have learnt a lot of the culture of the ruins, it was the food that we are most happy with, as you know, we Singaporeans, just love our food.

We told the driver guide to take us to their local restaurant, and he bought us to Sekar Kedhaton, that serves Indonesian Cuisine. We had the driver join us for the dinner meal, and we order a) Bedek (Fried-Duck, similar to the ones in Bali), Fried Kangkong (Water Morning Glory), Sop Buntut (Oxtail Soup), Ikan Bakar (Fried-Fish) and Ayam Goreng (Fried-Chicken), the meal was accompanied by Sambal Terasi (chilies sauce), which I took three small portions of it to mix with my food.

The service was quick as we were there at 6.30pm, before the crowd came, so we had the restaurant to ourselves, the food was served hot and was very tasty, and I would recommend to everyone to have a meal there.

The price was surprisingly cheap as we had beers, and drinks and the total bill came up to under US$200 for three of us, as it is really a fine dining setting within the restaurant and ambience is very nice too.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Surprisingly Affordable in such a Beautiful Place”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

When my friend recommended me to eat here, my family and I were a little worried that the prices here would be astronomical (we had a really expensive fish meal the day before near Prambanan). The place is gorgeous and felt like a fine dining restaurant.

Surprisingly, the prices were very affordable and the food was generous and excellent! We loved the ambiance and would highly recommend this place.

• Visited December 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Antique Javanese restaurant”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I love the food, everything is in huge portions and price might look a bit costly but worth it. Tasty food, great location and place. Very recommended.

Visited December 2013
Robertsbridge, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good considering it wasn't our choice!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Our driver suggested we have lunch here on the way back to Yogja after visiting Borobudur. Well we were very pleasantly surprised as the food and service was good. Okay the food arrived remarkably quickly suggesting it had been sitting ready for some time, but the surrounding is good and the cold beer most welcome after all that walking in the sun! Linda the manager came to chat to us after our meal and the waitresses all tried very hard to please.

• Visited November 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Very affordable, must try!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This restaurant serves yummy Indonesian cuisine at a very affordable price. The ambiance is like you are in a hotel and the food presentation is like from a chef. You'll think you are be in a fine dining restau. I definitely would recommend you to have your lunch here.

• Visited August 2013