“Nice Homestay”

Ranked #3 of 487 Yogyakarta B&B and Inns
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice Homestay”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed on the Deluxe Room and then move to the Superior Room. Both room were great. They have kitchen that can be used by all guests. The fridge in-room comes in good size, not too small and not too big so perfect to keep our gudeg nice and fresh before we take it back home. There is laundry service, if you put your laundry this morning, they will be delivered to your room the next day. Parking lot will be a bit problem because the space is not big. You can hire a motor bike which only Rp.50,000/day or a bicycle which probably only a half price than the motor bike, I can't remember the exact price. The location is close to UGM, and other universities, quite strategic for us. The entrance street only good for 1 car. There are dogs hanging around this street so this is a problem for me since I'm scared of dogs. If you need anything to buy there are Giant Supermarket in walking distance. So, nice stay, probably we'll be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Tiga Lima has an immediate charm. It is hidden away in the maze of little streets that surround Jl. Malioboro but most taxi drivers know it so you shouldn't have a problem getting there. (It's off Jl. Affandi and they all know that street.) The lush tropical plants that surround the rooms are a delight to the eyes and the enthusiastic welcome by the staff make this a place to remember for a long time. Sela, the owner, made every effort to make my stay as enjoyable as possible even though my problems with my email made that an almost impossible task.

Room Tip: The Bali Room is superb.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Couple, used to travel on budget and espacialy in south est asia.
The room: Double but paid 50% of the price (web offer)
4 nights

Plus:
- Big room, huge bathroom.
- Very clean, fully equipied and nicely decorated.
- Helpfull and friendly staff

Minus:
- A bit far away from the center, you will need a scooter (that they rent).
- Breakfast was way too light.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was there for almost a week and stayed in KOMODO room.
Love the room interior, the simplicity and of course the luxurious space except for one thing that didn't really please me during my stay. The AC was working but it wasn't cold. I complained to the front desk and they told me they will get it fixed but nothing was done til i left. Sometimes the AC just went off by itself and took about half an hour to start working again.

The whole area for the homestay is nice and very clean. Very polite and friendly staff.
Love the small corridor on every room where you can relax and unwind after long day walking around town. No smoking in the room so this small corridor works just fine for me.

The breakfast was good. Simple and quite few choices you can choose from. Either local breakfast and slight westernized breakfast :)

TV in the room were great because its USB friendly ~yay!
and the fridge is excellent too where i can store my junks :)
They also have safety box for those who travels with lots of valuable.
Towel, soap and shampoo are provided too. They will replace for you everyday.
Also, they have laundry service. Which is great especially for those staying longer.

I find this homestay is located in a very strategic place. It's pretty nearby to almost everywhere. There are few famous local diners nearby too.

I would definitely come here again! that's for sure! and i will make sure i get a room with excellent condition of AC :)

Room Tip: For couple i would suggest you take the Deluxe Room!! it's super spacious!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Naddyott
bali
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

It was our 1st time, me & hubby stayed at homestay in Jogja. & its beyond expectation. We stayed for 4 nites at both superior - the green room & deluxe room - the one with big paintings that i had to ask them to put down since the pictures are kinda starring at me. They should had removed them from the room since i had requested so through email & phone call. However, we had Nice clean room. Spacious bathroom! Simple breakfast. We also rented motorbike from them, Rp.50,000/day. Overall, its recommended

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Was here on my 2nd trip to the city of Gudeg.
Book a superior room and was given Lombok room which was at level 2.

Location: Jalan Affandi (Gejayan) - 15-20mins from Yogya Airport (depending on the traffic)
Located inside the street and away from the busy traffic.
Note: Standard room located at Tigalima 2 while the rest (superior/deluxe/villa) located at TigaLima. Both located within walking distance (2-5mins).

Room: Lombok
Simple and clean room. No mosquitos during my stay. Am surprised with it! Good job in keeping it mosquitos free.
With balcony but no view only bamboo tree. (I'm ok with it)
Aircon was not cold, even after I adjust it to 16°C. Told the front desk personnel about it.
One of the guy went up to check and told me that they will inform the technician. I left for dinner and return but no sight of the technician till 2100hrs. One of the personnel did offer help by offering me a standing fan and told me that there is no vacant room available if I want to change. He also there is another room at level 1 facing the same problem.
Aircon was fixed the next day and was working fine (though it not totally cold), until my last day, the aircon seem to be in cranky mood.
Water pressure was not strong, especially in the morning and late evening. I'm fine with it unless there's no water at all. All this has been brought up to the front desk and they acknowledged my feedback. This is a minor complaint from myself as I've experience worst than this during my travelling in other part of the world.
Breakfast was served to the room. Pretty nice, with fruits and orange juice apart from your choice of sandwich or nasi goring/mee goring and coffee/tea.

Staff: Was welcome by the morning shift staff (a male and female staff) with a great smile.
Helpful with my questions etc and the female staff is friendly.

Overall this homestay is in one of my list to recommend friends or family who want to visit Yogya in future. Hope the management will look into my minor feedback. Indeed, this won't be my last stay in TigaLima Homestay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Equizit
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 16, 2013

A hidden gem in the city. Was a nice hideaway from the hustle and bustle of Yogya. About 10mins away from Jalan Malioboro but it's not difficult to get to with the cabs and other means of transport available. Our room was clean with a lovely outdoor bathroom. Decor was absolutely lovely. A nice common area outside our room with a kitchen where you can prepare your own meals. Water dispensers were provided at the kitchen area as well. Staff were friendly and helpful (shout out to Toha and Erick)! Breakfast was pretty good too. They serve it to your rooms which made it a nice touch for a homestay. Wifi connection in our rooms was superb as well.

TigaLima arranged for a driver to take us on a tour around the outskirts of Yogya (to Cave Pindul for tubing, which I recommend!, to Indrayanti beach..etc). We paid IDR 400,000 for this tour, slightly more expensive than the other tours available as we get driven out of Yogya. You basically get a local driver and a private vehicle for 12 hours and you can ask to be driven to wherever you want to go. We got Budi (https://www.facebook.com/ibnubudi.santoso.1?fref=ts), who was a fantastic guide and driver. Our only regret is not sticking with him for the Borobodur sunrise tour arranged by TigaLima on our second day (TigaLima had already made arrangements for this other tour so we didn't want to cause any inconvenience but on hindsight I think we should have! Haha). Budi was upfront and honest (no dodgy bringing us to places where he would earn commission and etc..). He also does tours to Borobodur and Prambanan and other places in and around Yogya so you can request for him if you stay at TigaLima or if you visit Yogya!

TigaLima made our stay in Yogya a great one and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who's looking for a homey, cozy place to stay at.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends