See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I will start with the positives about the hotel first of all -
The staff are excellent and really look after you
The rooms are cleaned daily
It is a 10 minute walk from Malioboro, so not too far at all from the main tourist strip

Now the Negatives....
The rooms are tiny for the price you pay
It is impossible to get a good nights sleep as the hotel has 3 floors with a central corridor where people have breakfast, talk at 5.30am and kids bang on your door at midnight as they are playing!

Some of the issue was that we went in Indonesian school holidays and the place was just over run by local people and noisy kids everywhere. We stayed 3 nights and did not sleep for more than 4 hours in any 1 night....not too impressed!

Room tip: Do not go in Indonesian school holidays and do not get a room on the ground floor.
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 220shirazj
Reviewed April 10, 2013

After a long drive from Surabaya, we were happy to finally arrive in Yogyakarta. We took a bit to find the place as it doen't at all look like a hotel from the outside! The entrance is rather odd - there's parking area (in the building), then there's the reception facing the parking area. Anyway, we found the place, check in was smooth & we got our room within minutes.

The room was of decent size, there was a window but it was by the door & opened out into seating area (best to just leave it closed) & it didn't look as if much thought was given towards the decor. The bathroom was tiny, probably slightly bigger than a phone booth - I kid you not! And, it wasn't exactly in the cleanest state (for a hotel) but it was OK. WiFi was free & pretty good as we had no problems connecting from our room. The room also had a TV & coffee/tea making facilities, which was plus. The bed & pillow were comfortable enough & no one from our group (4 of us in 2 rooms) complained of bed bugs or the likes. Being the first room on the ground floor right next to the pantry/kitchenette, it did get a wee bit noisy the next morning at breakfast time.

The hotel isn't too far to walk to the lively Malioboro Street & there are lots of street food places along the way. We walked to Malioboro Street in the evening & returned at about 9+pm. It felt pretty safe to walk up to the point when you need to turn into the street where the hotel is - during the day there's a market here, so, at night it's desserted & a bit dark. We quickened our pace just at this stretch & got back safely.

Breakfast was 'standard issue', meaning everyone got the same thing. It was simple plate of rice, veg & fried chicken but it was yummy & I liked it! We were given 2 complimentary bottles of water in the room, but if you need to re-fill, a hot/cold water dispenser is available on the ground floor.

Initially, we had planned to stay here for 3 nights but due to the long weekend we couldn't. In hindsight, I'm glad we didn't. All things considered, it really isn't bad place at all but, personally, if I returned to Yogyakarta, I would opt for a place that is closer to Malioboro Street.

Room tip: If you get a room on the ground floor, try to either change it to one further to the back or on a higher floor.
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2012

besides the city centre location of the hotel, it has a very unique location. which is in the middle of the traditional market. For whom that love traditional ambience of the local market should go to this hotel. u may walk in the morning and buy some local sweets. Room is nice and clean, staffs were also very friendly. For sure pick room with airconditioner since jogjakarta has a hot climate.

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I kinda like this hotel for many reasons. It's a walking distance to Malioboro. It's very near to a landmark called Tunggu (tower). It's a short distance to a trans bus pick-up point too. The staff are exceedingly friendly & it does feels like a family there. The food served taste home-cooked & pleasantly delicious. I have a very spacious room which was nice. Looks new. The only letdown is that it could be really noisy as guests tend to mingle in the assembly area & talk so loud such that if you stay in the first floor, it can really be uncomfortable. Maybe you can request to stay at the second level but I don;t think this will really help.

Date of stay: April 2012
1  Thank shay d
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I stayed here for a quick layover for a very early morning flight. I chose a standard room with a ceiling fan (no A/C) and paid around $15 (US) so it was super cheap. The room was hot and stuffy without the A/C and if I was staying for more than one night, I would have probably changed to an A/C room.

The location is by itself and away from the main activities of Malioboro Road. No places for eating or shopping within close walking distance.

The other thing to note is that the toilet in the standard room was a squatter. I don't know what kind of toilets are in the other rooms.

Overall, it was cheap and clean enough for a quick stay.

Date of stay: November 2011