“Close to Malioboro but Smoking Free”
Review of Hotel Jentra Dagen

Hotel Jentra Dagen
Ranked #115 of 211 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were staying at this hotel for 2 nights. I like the location of this hotel, we can walk to Malioboro to shop and easy to get foods.

The room is nice and clean but not too spacious. The bathroom also clean and hot water easily flowing. The staffs are friendly also.
But I don't like that people can smoke anywhere they want. The most uncomfortable one is that they are smoking in the breakfast area, we can't have a nice comfortable breakfast since I have to stare at people who smoke easily there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel is simple. As normally 2 star hotel in Indonesia, the minutes you walk-in through the door, you will get the smiling Javanese lady to welcome you.
Lift are on your left side which lead you to the floor your rooms located.

Nice room with larger bathroom size than other local chain hotel in Indonesia, nice to have shower. the water pressure is there, the hot water also great.
the only minor on the bathroom, is cleanliness of the water tap and beyond from water marks.

Breakfast is quite amazingly good variety and provide local and international easy breakfast. You could order eggs though they dont have egg counter. In my three days stay, I got 2 breakfast, one is Javanese style (Gudeg is the special food from Jogjakarta) and toast + egg and pastries on the 2nd day.

Meetings is also okay in this hotel at the top floor. Musholla provided, still. AC works nice. The only minor is the microphone quality of sounds which sometimes problem. I think it's because of the wireless system.

Closed to Malioboro, you could find a lot of food stall and souvenir shops..
Above all, a nice place to stay for myself.

Room Tip: Choose Room higher floor and facing backward of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chandra I
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is a 2 star hotel. Since the hotel full I stay in Superior Room price IDR 485.000/night (USD51.00/night). This is not a good hotel to me, the furniture is cheap, the restaurant is uncomfortable to me not like their ads in the internet.

This hotel is NOT as what it is in their website. I just stay 1 night and move to other hotel.
I only can access internet at the lobby NOT in other places. The breakfast is bad...

Overall I would say it just AVERAGE more towards budget traveler BUT with USD51.00/night I think you can get better hotel at Jogja.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M_Razif
Reviewed August 11, 2012

After a bit of travel fatigue I decided to stop messing about and check into a proper hotel. I wanted a clean room with a big, comfortable bed, AC, nice bathroom with hot shower. Jentra provided. Note that the price I got through Agoda was a lot lower than the price listed at the reception and when I asked for one night extension for the same price they told me to book online again.

The location is just excellent. Walk straight out of the front door through the alleyways and you end up right in the area with all the bars and restaurants.

Very clean, comfortable and the breakfast was statisfying. Some movie channels on the TV as well. A good place to explore Yogya and recharge my batteries.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Witte_Aap
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I are travelling for 9 months through south east asia which dictates that were on a budget. With that in mind, Jentra is one of the nicer 'budget' hotels we've stayed in thus far. While I can certainly understand some of the complaints from people with different expectations, from our perspective this place is great...its super clean, has AC and hot water, includes breakfast, is close to the main streets (Malioboro and Sosrowijayan), and the Tugu train station. On top of that, the staff are quite friendly and very helpful. Our only complaints are that wifi isn't available in the room and that the bathroom after showering smells somewhat musty. Other than that, its perfect for what we need...a base camp from which to explore Yogyakarta.

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior room which we got on Agoda for $25 a night. If your staying in a superior ro...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Forbesa
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in June/July 2011. We booked for a two single bed rooms but due to high occupancy we were upgraded to a deluxe room which is much more better with a one king size bed. We even requested for extra blankets and pillows was promptly attended to. Amenities in the room were excellent with complimentary mineral water, soft drinks, coffee and tea as well as Indonesian jasmine tea in bottles. Mini bar also included the same type of drinks however it was chargeable. The room came with a cable tv that allow us to watch programes after a hectic and hot day outside. Moreover, the hotel was centrally located and getting a transport to anywhere in Jogja was a breeze. At night the place was very quiet since it was a little bit away from Malioboro Street but for two guys walking the short distance was not a problem (around 10 minutes). Morning breakfast was a blast and they even started their breakfast earlier (for reason beyond us) on our last day staying there since we had to catch early flight at 8 am. We had a wonderful time at Jentra and would definitely go back when we went to Jogja. The staff was friendly and helpful too and we kept our passport and important documents at front desk. There's many vendors selling local food and every night we just go out and eat and shop at Malioboro Street with no hassle or worries about getting a transport back. The hotel was nicely decorated and we really enjoy our stay there....We definitely will be going back there if we stayed in Jogja.

Room Tip: Deluxe room that we stayed faced the small garden area but we had to draw the curtains as we could s...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Anhar_12
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The hotel did an excellent job promoting itself, in reality, it's a so-so hotel.

Location wise, very near to Malioboro street if you consider a 10-15 minutes walk as near. If you're lazy to do so, there's plenty of becak (aka trishaw) near the hotel entrance, just for a small fee of rp8000-10000 (depending on your 'negotiation' skills).

We booked the deluxe room (superior rooms were unfortunately, fully booked) and the only difference we got : a slightly bigger room and a mini bar.

Very basic hotel with no amenities - coffee lounge for your daily meals and wifi only at the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple