“My Visit was so Memorable”
Review of Kedai Tiga Nyonya

Kedai Tiga Nyonya
Ranked #433 of 1,222 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I remember visiting Tiga Nyonya on Jl. Wahid Hasyim in Jakarta and told everyone it was a little like this brilliant restaurant that I had found in Jogja, no wonder its the same chain. Well I described the Jakarta branches decor as distressed this is anything but. I was transformed into being Dutch administator being served the most wonderful food by his Chinese wife in our wonderful Javan home. So much so that I really want to decorate my home in this simplistic style. Really its that good, it works so well here in Jogja. Is the food better than in Jakarta maybe not, but in this wonderful ambience it certainly tasted better. OK compared to many restaurants in Jogja maybe a little pricey, but it really was a wonderful experience.

There are newer reviews for Kedai Tiga Nyonya

Reviewed April 17, 2012

A friend raved about this place and we decided to check it out with him. He told us the food was unique and the atmosphere was nice too.

We arrived early in the evening and asked to be seated upstairs as it was pretty loud downstairs. The menu was interesting and I have to say the food was unique for sure.

Finally the food arrived and if I had to rate it out of 10, I would say it gets a 6/10 for taste and 8/10 for looks. Our friend agreed. We ordered around 6 or 7 dishes (among 4 people) just to try out a good variety. Nothing really stood out.

I probably won't be returning, but if I have to, I wouldn't resist.

1  Thank W13
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Overall, the food is acceptable, but the service is very basic, ie: no spark, very impersonal. For a true blue peranakan, the food, though taste ok, still need some getting used to, eg, the Ayam Kuluak comes with 1 unopen buah keluak and without much curry or gravey. The Ikan Barkar was really 'barkar'. The servings are small for the price charged and if you have a group of more than 4 then you need to double order most of the items or you end up sampling and not eating the food. Would not make an extra effort to go there unless in the vicinity.

1  Thank BarrySingapore
Reviewed March 8, 2012

In a neighborhood with some hotels and many banks you will find good quality cooking in a mix of oriental and old Dutch interior at above average prices. But worth it.

2  Thank Travelfan1Amsterdam
Reviewed January 24, 2012

we saw the review in Trip Advisor, but too bad no pictures of Tiga Nyonya ( i will post the pics for you :))

1. its located at jalan Sudirman, just in front of Phoenix Hotel and beside it there's a circle K minimart 24 hours

the ambience is standard, acceptable. ih has A LOTS of menu and all looks good. we tried the Nasi Bakar and Laksa.

The Nasi Bakar is nice, the Laksa is average...

in Overall we are happy with the food.

1  Thank dandreas73