“Worth a try”

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

The losmen may not be a very good place for accommodation, but the food is great. We ordered some Indonesian food, peng dang spicy beef was great, and curry prawn for appetizer is also delicious. Actually we recommended everything except the vegetable curry, it's not creamy curry and not tasty at all.

The breakfast is also good, but only have a few choices of western style.

There are newer reviews for Bladok

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I love this cafe very much! First time I tasted the Soup, hmmm it was delicious soup I never tasted!
But, for the rooms still need good renovation. Over all, I like it, and back again twice a week! haha
Also, Bladok is a good place for hangout with my friend.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I ate here a few times while in Jogja and the only thing on the menu that didn't have a funny taste was the steak. That being said the steak was around 5$ US and comes with fries and mixed vegetables and is the best budget steak I had in Jogja.
The location is near Malioboro a major tourist area in Jogja and they have the cheapest Bintang I found while I was there. Worth going but only if you order the steak

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I ate here a number of times during my 4 day stay in Jogja. The food, service, and atmosphere are stellar. A nice tree covered patio shields you from the noise of the city. Although the street is already quaint and quiet. Quiet music plays in the background at a volume where it complements the atmosphere but is in no way annoying. One night I really appreciated the Santana record they played. Coming from America I found the food absurdity inexpensive and everything overwhelmingly tasty. Portions are large. The customers are almost entirely travelers and mostly foreigners. Wish I had known before that this place has lodging rooms... I would have stayed. Can't emphasize enough how great this place is!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

On arriving in Yogya I checked Tripadvisor for places to eat, this one was in the top ten. Hmm either the restos in Yogya are really bad, so this is faked reviews. The entree of vegetable fritters was good, but the two main courses we had were below par. My rendang was not the slightest related to rendang, it as a stew of sorts, nothing at all to do with rendang. My friend's fried rice was equally as bad, could not eat it all as it was a poor dish. And yes the resto is small, which means that the smokers seating nearby waft their smoke all over you. The food might be okay if you dont know anything about Indonesian food, otherwise steer well clear.

2  Thank GREWOR