“Love it!”

Bebek Goreng Haji Slamet
Ranked #43 of 1,246 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is Yogyakarta's best fried duck restaurant and a fun local dining experience, I would like to reveiw it. They have several locations in Yogyakarta as well as Jakarta and other cities in Indonesia.
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I love d saus on this meat, hot spicy of green chili...but d meat is a bit chewy n they dont provide large parking area.
It's nice food for those who like spicy n eat together with their family.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I know that fried duck and sambal kosek is a good combination, but the meat is a bit chewy, dont you think? I always am in love with fried ducks, but I think the taste in this warung is not really special. The meat smells raw to me, still. I prefer it to be tender, but crispy. The sambal is good, though.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Fried duck and sambal kosek is good combination for lunch. I love the sambal, makes me wanna eat more and more.

1  Thank Alle U
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I always like Bebek Hj Slamet, either in Jakarta, Bandung or Balikpapan. The fried duck (with hot sambal) is very good & taste better than chicken.

For some reason, I found the bebek in Jogja is smaller portion, slightly chewy instead of tender & crispy. Maybe due to shortage of duck supply during this time.

The ambience is just average, I'm looking forward to see this famous restaurant chains grow to another level (something like Bebek Tepi Sawah & Bebek Bengil in Bali).

My suggestion is also to add more varieties on drinks selection.

Bebek Hj Slamet with their good fried duck is always my choice.

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I don't particularly like duck because of its gamey taste but the fried duck introduced to me by a local friend really converted me. The dish at Haji Slamet's is served piping hot with steamed fluffy white rice. The duck skin was crackling crispy and the meat is fall off the bone juicy. The accompanying spicy sambal (chilli dip) was the perfect foil for the duck's oiliness. Although the place was sparsely done up, it is comfy. Try it and you'll sure to love it and bring home good memories of the simple but delicious local cuisine.