“Hypersaliva for the sambal”

Bebek Goreng Haji Slamet
Ranked #49 of 1,261 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is Yogyakarta's best fried duck restaurant and a fun local dining experience, I would like to reveiw it. They have several locations in Yogyakarta as well as Jakarta and other cities in Indonesia.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Fried duck and sambal kosek is good combination for lunch. I love the sambal, makes me wanna eat more and more.

1  Thank Alle U

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I always like Bebek Hj Slamet, either in Jakarta, Bandung or Balikpapan. The fried duck (with hot sambal) is very good & taste better than chicken.

For some reason, I found the bebek in Jogja is smaller portion, slightly chewy instead of tender & crispy. Maybe due to shortage of duck supply during this time.

The ambience is just average, I'm looking forward to see this famous restaurant chains grow to another level (something like Bebek Tepi Sawah & Bebek Bengil in Bali).

My suggestion is also to add more varieties on drinks selection.

Bebek Hj Slamet with their good fried duck is always my choice.

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I don't particularly like duck because of its gamey taste but the fried duck introduced to me by a local friend really converted me. The dish at Haji Slamet's is served piping hot with steamed fluffy white rice. The duck skin was crackling crispy and the meat is fall off the bone juicy. The accompanying spicy sambal (chilli dip) was the perfect foil for the duck's oiliness. Although the place was sparsely done up, it is comfy. Try it and you'll sure to love it and bring home good memories of the simple but delicious local cuisine.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

u can see it from how crowd the place is, where the sugar is where the ants will gather. They don't offer much menus, so when we had lunch there always end up with fried duck, they don't have sayur asem or fried tempe for side dishes.

1  Thank Lucia A
Reviewed April 11, 2013

On my first day in Jogja, my guide brought us to teow chew restaurant and for 4 persons cost us 360k rupiah and in the evening to another nasi padang restaurant and for 4 persons cost us 200k rupiah and the food was so lousy. First impression - Jogja food is lousy and expensive.
Next day ask her to bring us to any restaurant the locals like and there is this simple fried duck with some vege and rice. It was so simply nice and delicious and cost only 30k rupiah per persons.
Ever go to Jogja don't miss it......