“Relaxing ambience and great healthy foods”
Review of Kedai Kebun

Kedai Kebun
Ranked #144 of 1,168 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Cuisines: Indonesian
Description: A great restaurant that I would like to review, in Yogyakarta near the Jalan Prawirotaman tourist area.
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Relaxing ambience and great healthy foods”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I just visited this place yesterday and had my first delicate experience in tasting tempe. I ordered grilled tempe with potato which tastes delicious but a little bit too big for my portion. They have variety of Indonesian foods with a very reasonable price for locals and cheap price for foreginers.This place is also an art gallery so it has a very relaxing and nice ambience.I recommended this place for foreigners who want to experience a nice Indonesian foods (plus, it's healthy, organic with no MSG and stuff). As for locals, I don't think people will be in favor for it, although it offers a unique concept but most locals will find the foods nothing extraordinary because we are used to having this type of foods in our own house.

• Visited May 2013

• Indonesian first
Singapore
“U must come here!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant deserves better rating! The food is simply delicious! If u are looking for variety of Indonesian cuisine, u shld come here. This place is also patronized by locals! I ate the grilled tempeh with potatoes and they are irresistible! I wished I knew about this place earlier so I could come again.. The food prices are super reasonable at 10-30k per dish depending. The ambience is also very arty farty which makes the whole experience totally unforgettable!

• Visited April 2013
Singapore
“Well worth the trip!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This little restaurant was tucked away deep in Tirtodipuran (depending on the direction you're coming from) but it was well worth the effort to come here for lunch. The dishes are really cheap and very tasty too! The nasi goreng specials were fantastic and if you're a fan of soybean cakes (tempe in local Bahasa) order a plate of tempe goreng or the medoan goreng! Price wise it's cheaper than the restaurants along Prawitorman. I give this place 2 thumbs up!

• Visited April 2013
“yummy smoothie”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I agree with some TA reviewers, the food, the service and the ambiance were great. I was there in the evening, the weather was nice, the street was quiet and oh my it was very romantic.

I ordered an avocado smoothie. They served this as a sweet drink not a salad, people! It was thick, not too sweet and delicious.

The best seats are upstairs toward the front which is an open-air setting. I felt like I was sitting on a tree house.

• Visited May 2012
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“superb place!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

very nice place to dine with delicious food. Love the pisang goreng served with honey and lime!
the waiters are friendly, far from annoying :)
very cozy place to eat or just hangout drinking beers with friends .

Visited December 2012