Kampoeng Djawa Hotel
Agoda.com
$40
$31
Priceline
All reviewsguest housetea and coffeehot waterwould stay here againnice roomfree wifiguesthouseprawirotamantoiletambience
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Again and again..I'm always staying in this hotel during my visit to Jogja. It's always nice to be here, feel like home, good service, friendly staff (Mr. Herry - The Manager Guest House, Pak Yuli, Pak Putu, Mas Anto and Mas Moko) they really helpful to the guest.

The location in Prawirotaman street, the lil villlage place for the tourist (Mostly) close to everywhere, easy to get taxy, or even becak (the traditional transportation), peace and quiet also secure. Nice breakfast even they have the same weekly menu and lovely afternoon tea poci served with the lil traditional snack.

Since they only have 8 rooms, better fot booked online instead of call them direct. Since booked online is more easy with the instant confirmation.

Definitely will be back for stay in this hotel again:)

Room Tip: Superior room no.3 I think this is the best room I've ever had and booked. The bathroom clean, spacious, nice terrace and good fan.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank clavi_bali
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Staff are really friendly and helpful. The place is safe, peaceful, nice and very quiet. The price is very good. The location is excellent, you have a lot of restaurants and shops in the same street. Palace is 20 min walking away. Free water, tea and coffe. Good breakfast. You can book good tours, tickets and transport there, you can trust them.

We stayed in the cheapest room there which is more simple than the rest but it's quite good. We slept quite well. It has fan and a external bathroom.

We'll definetelly stay again when we go back to yogyakarta.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Roc J
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We got SCABIES staying in this filthy flea bag hotel!!!!! This very well may ruin the rest of the vacation I've worked so hard for. I'll say it again...THIS FILTHY HOTEL GAVE MY GIRLFRIEND AND I SCABIES. Now we are both itching, covered in bites, and have spent a small fortune in doctors, medicines, and laundry. Thanks a lot Kampoeng Djawa, you're the scabies capitol of central Java. Arrrrgh, SCABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: don't stay here unless you want SCABIES!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joeberman334
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.We are certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could has been.
We would like to apologize for your stay. Our standard procedure in dealing with guest complaints are promptly respond to any complaints that we receive without delay and always strive to satisfy our guests and trying to make guests feel at home, so that when they leave our hotel, we hope they will come back.
You have stayed at our hotel for 4 days, and during which, according to all our staff, no complaints at all of you during your stay at our hotel, it is this which so we regret, if you tell us your complaint then, of course we will soon change your mattress with our new mattress that rarely used,because it has been prepared as an extra bed.I want to apologize for all this inconvenience and also to all our shortcomings during your stay in our hotel, because we think all is fine , because we did not hear any complaints about your sleep disturbed during your stay at our hotel for 4 days.We have the standard for heating our mattresses every once a month under the scorching rays of the sun, this is the traditional way our society is doing to the mattress cleanliness is maintained, and instead we use our other mattresses to the room.
thank you for this review, so we will strive to further improve the quality of our services, so we expect all of our reviews only contain about guest satisfaction just like many other reviews, because it is our goal.
Once again, please do accept our apologies and we do hope your trip to Indonesia was most enjoyable.

Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed our two night stay. The hotel is so quirky & colourful, I instantly fell in lov with it's charm. They giv u breakfast and an afternoon tea & coffee & tea is available all day free of charge. The rooms are basic but clean & again they have gone to the effort of making them colourful . would recommend this to all backpackers, great value for 10 dollar :)

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I believe Kampoeng Djawa (KD) Hotel is a very good place for a couple or a solo traveler but I can not say it's a better place for a family.

I've stayed with my wife and my two children on April 20 - April 22, 2012, in Abimanyu (deluxe) Room. Actually, I have paid for three nights until April 23, 2012, but, for some reasons, I checked-out one day early.

Most of the staffs are friendly. Anyway, if you have many friends in Yogyakarta, unfortunately you can not serve them as your guests in KD as well as you want it. It's about there's no adequate lobby in KD. It would be better if you bring your guest(s) to a restaurant or any place outside the hotel.

Beyond all that, it is possible I will come back again to KD as a solo traveler if I go to Yogyakarta again in the near future. I've been traveling a lot, inside and outside the country, and Yogyakarta is like my second home town for me.

There is a small pond in KD where koi fishes live in peace. And this small pond with koi, for me, is the best corner, or perhaps is the best space, of the hotel.

Cecep Syamsul Hari,