“Lovely, relaxing and great location”
Review of Hotel 1001 Malam

Hotel 1001 Malam
Ranked #30 of 204 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Lovely, relaxing and great location”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have spent a long weekend away with one of my best friend and we were so impressed with the whole package. Great and helpful staff in the hotel and especially when we rent the car and the tour guide Pak Tom who always willing to help and ensure our trip will enjoyable yet efficient.The hotel is located in the alley and 10 minutes walking distance to Malioboro, so convenience and made us really experience the truly Yogya.
Mixed juice and banana pancake is our favorite Breakfast!!
Thanks Pak Tom and we will come back to stay at 1001 malam hotel again..
Soon I hope..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel was located in a great location near the main shopping street of Jalan Malioboro, close to the train station and within walking distance of the Kraton. The rooms were large and clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Limited breakfast selection - but it was cooked to order. We thought it was really great value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Located amongst backpacker lodgings, 1001 Malam is a class above by offering artistic Javanese-style rooms equipped with everything a hotel offers excluding a TV set. Its location in Sosrowijayan Wetan provides travellers both convenience to access Malioboro Rd and experience of Jogjakarta's local neighbourhood. Most importantly, its friendly staff provide flexible private tours and helpful tips on exploring the small but vibrant town. Many thanks to both Mr. Tom Lim, Ms. Retno and crew for your hospitality.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
kousha123, General Manager at Hotel 1001 Malam, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your beautiful review.. It was pleasure and glad to have you as our guest, i hope soon we will serve you again in nearly future...

If you need any assistance or information about out city please don't hesitate to contact us.

Mamad
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Hotel 1001 malam overall is very good! the hotel is clean, value for money, the staffs are friendly and always willing for help.

There free 24 hours coffee/tea, you just need to D.I.Y.

highly recommended Hotel 1001 malam!

Shiraz, Iran
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Real value for money.
It's been a while since we stayed there but I feel I owe the staff. (It is a pity I dont remember the names of always smiling boy and girl)
Upon arrival early in the morning, we found out that our reservation had been cancelled by the booking site but the staff were really friendly and gave us the reserved room with the same price. They arranged us a tour to Parambanan and Barbadour for a reasonable price with an Italian-spanish couple.
The driver was also very friendly.
My wife and I stayed there for 3 days and really enjoyed the the place.
The room was pretty spacious and the location was really convenient.
Malioboru was just a stone throw away from the place. the alley were narrow but very safe.
The view of the yard from second floor was great.
The only issue I had was the many ants moving around the coffee table and inside the sugar.
Breakfast was very small. Just an egg sandwich and a tropical juice.
I think there can be more choices.

Mojtaba

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The major thing that I like about this hotel was its location. The major shopping street of Malioboro was just a few steps away. My friends and I kept on going there throughout our stay at Yogya. The room was spacious and cosy. However, i would like it if they do provide hair dryer in the room. (wink2)

The staff are friendly and helpful. Tom & Yosha did a very well job. Tom never gives up in giving us the view and experience in Yogya.However,my friends and I didnt have the chance to meet the Manager, Mamat.

If I were to visit Yogya again, I will definitely bring my family to stay at Hotel 1001 Malam. To be honest, I do miss Pak Tom!

Room Tip: I love room number 14! Closer to the pond and spacious! Corner suit.