“Excellent Price Quality”
Review of Hotel 1001 Malam

Hotel 1001 Malam
Ranked #29 of 206 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The 1001 Malam hotel is small and nice alternative to stay in Yogja. The rooms were nice and clean (no bugs at all, by the way) and the staff was very friendly. It is an excellent place to rest and make the tours to Prambanan and Borobudur Temples taking Yogyakarta as a starting point.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel 1001 Malam

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has a great ambience as soon as you enter the front door. The decor is lovely and there is a nice garden in the courtyard which all the rooms open up from. The furniture is mainly from teak wood, and typical javanese style.

We were promised 2 family rooms but were given 4 regular rooms instead, which was not too big a deal. The rooms were large and clean, and beds were comfortable. The shower had hot water and more importantly, water pressure was good. Only 1 of the rooms had a TV.

There was 6 choices for breakfast each morning, mainly catering for western diets. They serve it to your room each morning and you can eat it on the chairs/table outside your room overlooking the courtyard. A good start to the day!

The location is vey close to jalan malioboro, food stalls and train station. For muslims, theres also a mosque 20m away. There is no access to cars and you need to walk about 30m to the closest road. So it can be a little difficult if you have a lot of luggage. Also, some might feel a little uncomfortable walking through the little lane (or gang as they are known) at night. It's safe though.

The staff at 1001malam are superb. Very friendly and helpful. And if you need a driver/tour guide, ask for Yusa. She was so helpful and friendly, a skillful driver, and took us to some great locations.

We had a great time in 1001malam and would definitely stay there again should we go to jogja.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank ALR0609
Reviewed December 19, 2012

my friend and I was planned to stay there 3 night during my indonesia trip on begining of Dec 2012. The room we took was so called standard room but without TV. 400k per night for standard room which is not so spacious. 1st night, in room number 2,the pillow was dirty and smelly, my neck was rash and itchy after 1st night. Since this hotel is highly recommended, and my friend wanted to stay there in our initial plan, instead of changing a hotel, i request to change a room.

When i request to change room, the staff didn't say much, and look like this is not the first time having this problem. I should have aware that time.. But i'm not.. after change to other room, room number 8, my nightmare start, for whole night i can't sleep, my whole body itchy, and at the early, i can't help but text my driver, request his help to change a hotel, and for my last day in Jogja, I just keep scratch on my whole body, and there are a lot of red dot over my leg, my arm and the most serious, my back, it not only rash but also swollen, and my face also, for a moment i'm so worry it will have scar on my face! I ask myself, spend 400K per night to get such a hotel, how stupid i am, in fact, the hotel i change to is cheaper and nicer than 1001 malam, for my new hotel, it even have TV when 1001 malam don't have, have buffet breakfast while 1001 just a few selection to choose 1 from it, and, the 1001 malam is in a small alley, when car can't drive in, the new hotel, which is Malioboro Palaca hotel is just beside the road and my driver can wait for us just at the the lobby without walking in the narrow Gang 2!

I even need to see doctor after i back from indonesia, trust me, my skin inflammation from 1001 is so serious and can't recover itself, i took 4 type of medicine and 2 tubes ointment from Doctor for the "souvenir" i get from 1001!

Try ur luck if u think u r lucky not hv bed bug like me and just to hv a taste of so-called special hotel when there are nicer and cheaper hotel nearby Malioboro street! Malioboro Palaca hotel is just 388K per night, and u will a much better room than 1001, and more convenient location!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RueyYap
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I been to Yogyakarta many times. In downtown Malioboro so it's very close to everything. Ex: mall, train station, nice restaurant & cafe'
And the price is reasonable. Room is clean and comfortable. People at 1001 Malam are incredible nice !!! Definitely wanna go back to stay there

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Just came back from my holiday in YogYakarta which is from 15th - 18th December 2012. The hotel is nice, big and price is very reasonable. Can't find a better hotel. The hotel is just about 100 meter from the busy and tourist centre of Malioboro. From laundry services, money changer and shopping mall, you can find it all in Malioboro. The hotel itself give a very good first impression. All the hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast are great too!

Room Tip: Choose the upper floor room which is quiet and privacy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Located in strategic area, friendly staff and comfortable room, made my weekend gateway in Yogyakarta was fabulous moment.
If you arrive by train, the hotel is only 5-10 minute by walking from train station. The room is unique, I love the wall painting. The bathroom is clean, completed with hot water. And I also love the breakfast menu (local and western one). The price is just worth with all facilities.
Mamad, the GM of the hotel was also so helpful and nice by gave companion to me and other guests to look around the city. I used to stay in Yogya, but Mamad showed me different side of Yogyakarta. He made us felt not stayed in hotel but our own warm home. The hospitality was perfect.

Room Tip: I was at the room number 16 at second floor. I got garden view, small balcony, and I can enjoyed the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Derakota B
Reviewed December 2, 2012

What a great hotel this is. Tucked away off Sosorw street down a gang passing lovely restaurants you will find 1001 Malam. The room was large and clean. Bed comfy and a/c working great. Bathroom large and clean also. They offer breakfast which is basic but good and delivered to a spot in the hotel of your choosing. Nescafe coffee or tea can be had 24 hours if desired. As I said the rooms are large and clean with in-room safe. The room is basic (no bedside tables which I thought odd) and there is no TV which could be a good thing or bad depending on your pov. Being a solo traveler I thought a TV would be nice to have as kind of "company" in the room even for background noise so it was a bit boring otherwise. But if it's absolute quiet you desire then by all means. I would recommend this hotel for either solo or families or couples. Friendly staff and compy rooms with very reasonable rates. The restaurant across the sidewalk is delightful also. They have free wifi but will charge for internet use. The hotel is two levels; "U" shape with lovely courtyard filled with tropical plants and trees to give the added feel of privacy. Two thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo