“Go try it! No Regret!”

Kesuma Restaurant
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Annual Leave & Maintenance for 2016 : KR is closed from May 01st until September 1st. We will gladly answer your inquiries and reservations from September. We open at 6:00 PM (last order at 10:30 PM). Closed on Tuesdays. Lunch is only available for reservations, one day before.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I been to Yogyakarta for many times because I love the city so much, and I can say I have no more idea which place I should visit this time. So glad that I found such an amazing place from Trip advisor. The meals are amazing! As Indonesian, I think Kesuma served one of the best taste Indonesian Food. What makes it special is the meals they served are literally 'home cook', we order and they make it right after. That makes a quiet long wait, but totally worth it. I had Kwetiaw goreng and the Chicken Set Menu consist of Lumpia goreng, Ayam Kesuma, and Fruit Cocktail. The Ayam is so good I never had any chicken dish taste like that before. The fruit cocktail is across my expectation, big plate, they squeezed it with lemon juice, so they tasted so fresh. They also compliment us with welcome drinks, a ginger lemongrass tea, so good to fill our thirst after quiet search of the place. The place is located in small alley, so Google maps helps a lot. Totally recommend the place. The staff are so nice, the ambience is incredible, it's satisfying!

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

In a small dark road you ll never turn into ( you won t even notice it)

Behind a door you ll never enter into

If you dare... you ll find a beautiful gem.

The small wooden restaurant is very nice and clean with a quiet small garden as well... There is also an unusual aquarium just in the floor between inside and out side

Food is simply delicious one of the best I tried in indonesia.

Personnel professional and welcoming

Price indeed low compared to the quality ( and qty) you get.

Suggest you try the chicken menu however the rest of the list is amazing also

You must dare to go that place, indeed!!

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

It took them 90 minutes to serve the main dish - that is too long. Food seems to have a lot of MSG. Atmosphere is nice, though with a garden.

6  Thank MarcM923
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We had a great meal here. We arrived early, which was no problem at all to the staff, who accommodated us without hesitation. The food is excellent, great flavours and the meat is cooked to perfection, as in the case of the beef randang. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I've tried it a few days ago. The interior is very nice, but very less comfortable when the waiter presents a pile of plates on our table. For about the price is fairly reasonable. The price ranges from 10k to 150k. Unlike as in put by tripadvisor. For about the taste of the cuisine has adapted tongue overseas visitors.

presentation of the food is quite long. Not recommended if you come in times of famine. I waited almost 30 minutes.

1  Thank anggialfonso