“not as i expected”

Ranked #174 of 204 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Klang, Malaysia
“not as i expected”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

we stayed for 3 nights here and though it is a nice hotel, great location (jalan kaliurang) and quiet....i was dissapointed in their service especially during check in as I had to wait a very long time to get the room ready though they know we arrived early (because of the flight timing).....other than that, they have a quiet little massage and spa place which we enjoyed...breakfast was good....a good variety and not the same things on any of the three days....overall a nice stay but they should definitely improve on their service and upgrade their rooms....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
East Java
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We went there last week with kids
It is a not bad hotel with nice pool, quite far fr the main city
Kids love the pool
We like the breakfast
Staffs and even security are nice
Room amenities are standard but hot shower is terrific!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
World trip
Reviewed April 6, 2012

A nice small hotel with a pool and a great breakfast buffet. The hotel is a bit far from the center of the city, but taxis are cheap in Yogya. The only downside was the noice of the fax machine (...). We heard this noice even in the middle of the night..

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Claudia v
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I went to Yogja with my mother last May to visit Borobudur and Prambanan temples and also we managed to go to Solo and their lovely Parangritis beach. If it was not because of the attractions that Yogja has, I would find this trip as a nightmare because of the hotel. Since we booked this package (full board) during MATTA Fair in Malaysia early on, we have no choice as we have to stay at this hotel.

We were so frustrated with the staff during our checked-in as we have to wait for nearly 2 hours before finally being given the key to our room. I did not know whose mistake was it; the hotel management or the travelling agency which we have booked our package with but our tour guide was waiting with us until everything has been sorted out.

I was mad at that time as other people who just came and booked the hotel was been given the room key on the spot. We did request some changes for the room as at first the room was located on the second floor. I requested the room to be in ground floor as my mother could not climb up the stairs. Mine you, the hotel has until 4th floor but there was no lift!

The hotel staff asked us to go and have our lunch first and I was hoping that they would have resolved the room problem by then but to no avail. Luckily, there were a few decent and nice restaurants which were just a walking distance for us to have our lunch. After lunch, we have to wait in their small, runt down -open air lobby for another 30 minutes. I did not mind waiting if the lobby has enough " ventilation" but it was so hot and humid that day that we were sweating like mad. The hotel management should allocate some standing fan around that lobby area.

The room that we were in was small with one queen bed. It was separated with the hotel main building and we have to walk quite a distance to the other building with no covered walkway. It was raining heavily at that time. Luckily, the hotel staff had helped us to carry our two luggage.
The furniture (basically a tv cabinet and no dressing table) was old and runt down. The bathroom door was a wooden door and old. There was a wash basin in the room with a mirror. The room has a back door (since it is located on the ground floor) but when we opened, it was just another wall behind it and served no purpose. It was not an escape route though. The window was put mosquitoes net and we did not feel safe during our stay there.

The dining/café was also an open air concept. We had dinner there during our first nite and thank goodness it was not bad at all and affordable. Breakfast was ok but there were not many choices available.

Luckily, we went out at 8 or 9 am and only came back to the hotel after dinner. So, the room was basically for us to sleep and shower because there was no way we can stay in the room to relax and enjoy it. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody especially a family with small kids or an elderly couple for it has poor service-very late check-in, unfriendly staff (the night staff on duty was more friendly and helpful, surprisingly) and we have to walk from our room to the lobby area quite a distance to wait for our tour guide to come and pick us up and there is no lift. We did not have time to enjoy the swimming pool as our itinerary was filled with activities.

I will not stay in this hotel if I have to go to Yogja again.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Azura79

Travelers are raving about these Yogyakarta hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 5, 2011

it's a nice hotel, clean and quiet. not far from UGM, but quite far from malioboro or beach or kaliurang. it would be better to rent vehicle (motorbike or car) so you can go round the town and to beach easily and cheaper.

the food is good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank adeksiadari
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I decided to stay a few nights in Yogyakarta on the way back from Borobodur and wanted something close to the street market and train station.

There were plenty of rooms available, I might have been lucky since the second night a large group of travelers came in. I had a double room, hoping that it was larger - it wasn't. Probably one of the smallest rooms I've ever stayed in, space only to fit the bed and a tv stand at the foot. I also had no wifi reception in my room.

The group that came in were extremely noisy late at night in the common areas and I had a difficult time sleeping. My standard room was comfortable enough, was clean, and included a good breakfast.

The hotel is located on the end of the street, away from Molioboro. It's a brisk 5 minute walk, and 10-15 minutes to the train station. I felt safe on the street at all hours of the night. The staff were friendly and I thought at least one person on shift at all times could speak fluent English. It is far from the city center, but I found most of the attractions within walking distance (within 2km), but might be far for others.

I'd consider staying here again only because everything else for the price was, if not worse, equal. There were lots of cheaper and more expensive options, but this fit my budget and main requirement of being close to the street vendors.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank sabai24
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I stayed for business trip at Cakra Kusuma Hotel.
The hotel is located quite near from my Yogya's sales office, so I chose to stay there.
I had the Superior room (apparently it has higher rate than Standard & Business), so I expect quite a better room.

Unfortunately, the room is not as clean as I expected.
Especially the bathroom, where the shower couldn't run properly & had no hot water.
Also the blue ceramic on the bathroom made it had a different feel than the rest of the room.

The curtain is not symetrically put, so if I pull it to one side, it would reveal the other side and vice versa. It made me nervous because people can literally peek into the room from that window, so yeah, I had trouble sleeping at night.

This hotel is not for trravellers looking for comfort.
I suggest if you have extra money, better find a 4-5 star hotel in Yogyakarta, as it will be significantly comfortable than other hotels.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business