All reviews building work bell boy busy road twin beds f b alun alun star hotel amenities balcony cereal wake convenience pros malioboro yogyakarta luggage mosque
Selected filters
Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

The room is very spacious with affordable price, very clean, and has modern decorations. Located in Parangtritis road near Prawirotaman that has many cafes. The staffs are friendly. Not to far from Malioboro or keraton (king’s palace). Also family friendly.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2019

Service was great. Staff was accommodating. Only issue was they had a slightly hard time with communication in English. We asked for tissue and they delivered toothbrushes.

Anyway, my favorite part was the breakfast selection. They were amazing. I didn't have my expectation really high, but it was great. They had a egg and pancake bar, a couple coffee machines, cereal bar, traditional cuisine and many more. They are close to Alun Alun, but walking wise, it was quite a walk. Convenience stores were nearby so it's cool. There are becak ready for you in front of the hotel. I like it. Convenient stay!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here just because there was a workshop in this place. For this price I think I can get better amenities and comfort from another hotel. Salad choice was so minimalist. Only lettuce, cherry tomatoes, carrots, pueple cabbage. They soaked their zaitun into water and made it tasteless. Food taste was so so although the ingredients were fresh. Well, this hotel is located near so many good food stalls and restaurants so that not a problem. Bed quality and pillow were okay, not too comfy though for me. Air con was central. Lightning perfect for me, both for work or sleep. Staffs are nice though if you called house keeping from your room phone they won't come or pick up the phone (maybe I was just unlucky) and I have to call the receptionist for this. Clean room and bathroom. Oh and tradional live music will accompany you on breakfast time.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2019 via mobile

4 star hotel with a budget price !!!
Nice bed room, with a great view.
Not in the centre of Jogyakarta, but it’s ok, a lot of bar and resto surrounding
The breakfast also not bad with live gamelan music !!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2018

My friend and I were upgraded when we arrived and the room was lovely. Unfortunately it had very tiny ants so they moved us to another room with no hesitation. Unquestionably the breakfast was outstanding. Also, they had terrific music on a weekend night.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was the situation we had with a massage. The hotel didn't tell us the spa wasn't ready when we called down to book the massage. Instead, two women showed up and gave us a massage in our room. Although we had twin beds, we both wanted private massages. Also, both of us ended up with nasty bruises.

That said, we both would return to the hotel. For the price, the place is amazing.

Date of stay: November 2018