“Two Weeks of Comfort”

Ranked #41 of 202 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Two Weeks of Comfort”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Upon arrival at Yogyakarta, I was greeted by the hotel staff at the airport (hotel offers shuttle service). Mr Kundasar (hope I got his name correct) is really friendly and nice, even helped me with my multiple luggage. The hotel is located relatively close to the airport, around 15 minutes drive.

Lovely interior, very Balinese feel around the hotel, wonderful garden/yard, nice swimming pool, and rooms have a Javanese feel to it. Staff cleaned my room daily and helped arranged my (not much of a) mess too. During my first week, the toilet's flush keep breaking down. I had to call the Front Desk at least twice/thrice a day. It was quite a hassle and I was given the suggestion to switch rooms, yet I stayed in the same room until the very last day because the staff are really attentive. Eventually they changed the rubber thing inside the flush and it was fine.

One thing I don't fancy about the room is the lack of power sockets. I only found one next to my bed and another at the pantry. I needed to work on the table, but could not find any near it except for the one connected to the television set.

The hotel is split into two sides, both across each other, with a traffic attendant assisting you at crossing the road (needed during the day). Hotel is not located on the main road so the street is really quiet at night - safe nevertheless.

My organisation was occupying their Lintang Room (conference room) above the restaurant. The electricity tripped several times a few days. Besides that glitch, everything was fine.

Food wise, the breakfast spread was so-so. But the lunch and tea breaks we had the hotel prepare for us were scrumptiously good and have a wider choice of food.

Staff, as mentioned, are super helpful. Even in wee hours in the morning, with me walking in and out the lobby, there will be someone greeting/smiling you.

Strategic location. Close to airport and Prambanan (the Hindu temple), next to a launderette (1kg for 3,500IDR - that's less than USD1), 10 minutes walk from fruit stalls (yum!), several convenience stores on the same street, a number of eatery outlets around the area - you can find almost everything within walking distance!

Malioboro is a 21,000IDR cab ride away. But, you know what, I've gone to and fro Malioboro from the hotel a handful of times, they NEVER used the same route. Was telling my friend that I would have seen the whole of Yogyakarta city if they keep giving detours. Bah! *sorry went of tangent a bit* The hotel provides shuttle service to Malioboro too, if you are in a big group.

If you are a fan of Yoga, there is a yoga studio behind the hotel (the one opposite the reception). You can get the daily yoga schedule at the reception area (black and white printed/folded paper)

Overall, I had a fantastic stay during those 2 weeks. Definitely miss everyone at the hotel, and I will stay at Puri Artha again when I head back to Yogyakarta!

Room Tip: I love the room on the other side of the hotel (not the one with the reception), where the swimming...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
genova
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed at Puri with our friends during our vacation in Indonesia. The hotel is very good and the quality of service was really excellent. The style is tipical Indonesian and I appreciated it a lot, instead of having accomodation in the international hotel like Sheraton or Hilton.
For breakfas youcan enjoy a huge variety of food....I suggest this hotel which has a good value for money

Room Tip: near the pool!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sanguisa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 25, 2011

The hotel is located away from the bustling Maliaboro commercial area which, on the one hand, allowed us to rest there away from noise and traffic, and on the other hand made it difficult to return at night if away from roaming taxis.
The staff was very helpful and experienced, we were to appreciate this when moved to the next hotel whose staff gave a lot of incorrect directions to our taxis.
The food at the Puri Artha was not delicious as I would have expected. The breakfast buffet was adequate for Indonesian standards, with lots of fresh fruit, Western and local offerings. The dinner food, however, was bland and unimaginative and left much to be desired.
Next time I will probably go to a hotel closer to the center of town, but will look for a hotel with well established staff, like this one.

Room Tip: Pay in dollars!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed February 27, 2011

please visit this hotel..we love it.Every time, we go to Jogja,me and my 12 yo son stay there..His usual question before is..will we stay in Puri Artha? if Yes, he is happy..3.5/4 stars gives 5stars service..music,pool,personnel,meal..our next visit is in June 2011.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank NKNERIK
London, UK / Paris, Fr
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Nice hotel, nice swimming pool, nice garden (see picture). The restaurant is average. The hotel is not really central, so you'll have to take a taxi to go anywhere (whether to central Jogja, Borobudur, Prambanan), but they are cheap (~5 EUR/hour).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vangel23
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Excellent~~ Food is delicious, Free WiFi, Comfortable environment.....etc

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed September 22, 2009

The Puri Artha hotel consists of two parts, divided by a road. On one side of the road there's the reception, bar and restaurant, and on the other side there's the swimming pool and a small shop. There are guest rooms in both parts of the hotel. The road between them is narrow, but pretty busy - but it's no trouble crossing it as the hotel staff actually stop the traffic for you.

We stayed in a standard room in the part of the hotel where the pool is. The rooms are on a balcony surrounding a pretty little garden with a pond that has fish in it. The rooms are large, and have pretty much everything you need, except for a safe – but there are safety deposit boxes at reception free of charge. The bathroom could have been better, as it was small and a bit worn, but it was clean and overall not too bad.

Breakfast was at best mediocre, but I think you’ll find that it’s pretty much the same in medium-priced hotels in Indonesia. They do have an egg station, but the choice of filling for an omlette is pretty limited, one day it was just cheese and tomatoes. But the seating area is lovely, especially if you sit outside, and that makes up for the food. We also had dinner at the restaurant on one occasion, and the food was okay, maybe just a bit overpriced by Indonesian standards.

There’s a spa at the hotel but I didn’t get to use it due to lack of time. However, I did see the list of treatments that they offer, and there’s a lot to choose from and the prices are low.

The reception staff is friendly and offer any kind of assistance you may require, like getting taxis, etc.

The location is not so great, with absolutely nothing to do in the immediate area. However, taxis are cheap and you’ll have no trouble getting anywhere you need to go.

Oh, and don’t forget to exchange at least some money at the airport when you arrive, as unfortunately they don’t have a currency exchange at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple