“Worth to wait ~ worth to back”
Review of Gudeg Pawon

Gudeg Pawon
Ranked #60 of 1,358 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 16, 2012

After Michael Learn To Rock concert in Jogja, me, my sister and her friend, the three of us were looking for jogja's famous cuisine 'gudeg pawon'. The place was very crowded, at eleven p.m we began to take the line. We take the order directly from kitchen that's why they called it pawon, it has the same meaning as kitchen.
I hope they use more people to serve the food so we can take the order faster. After about 45 minutes finally I take the order. It was raining so hard so I decided to eat in the hotel. I don't really like sweet food, usually gudeg as specialty food in jogja has sweet taste, but for people who don't really stand with sweet food like me, this one you should try, because it has a good taste, not too sweet and memorable. For you who want a traditional food that very worth to try and worth too back just go there and feel the different. ;)

Reviewed July 10, 2012

this site is one of my favorite site in Jogja, one best Gudeg in Jogja. what i like from this site is it's very personla, you came to the kitchen and choose your food. great taste, great experiences.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Visited again on 5 June 2012 around slightly past midnight but most of the chicken meat was already sold out. Nonetheless it was still good. Go between opening time (2230h) and before midnight if you want the good stuff. They sell out pretty quick :)

2  Thank kianster
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Open at 22.30 every day. Pawon means Kitchen, so we order the food at the kitchen and we eat at the table outside the kitchen. The location is not in the centre at the town, but very easy to reach from malioboro.

1  Thank RyanD404
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Pawon mean kitchen in javanese languages, the unique side of this kitchen is they really a kitchen and not a restaurant but people buy the food and eating a long the street, they also only open in midnight ! So its a perfect companion for insomnia tourist who want to explore jogja in the night :) the food is great , if you love javanese food , you will love this one ! Gudeg is made from fermentation jack fruit in a coconut milk, its so tasty!

1  Thank faozanrizal