“Perfect Japanese Steak”

Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
“Perfect Japanese Steak”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Situated on 25th floor at Chase Plaza building, the beautiful lights from skyscrapers and cars passing at Jalan Jendral SUdirman could be seen from the windows. The ambience was a reminiscence of a classic steak house rather than a modern one. They played classical music using an electronic piano. It was a romantic place for a date.

We all ordered Tenderloin steaks with the complete meal package. They came with a set of appetizer, bread, soup of the day and salad before the steaks finally came out.
The desserts came after the steak.

The Bread was crispy and shaped like a "kendi", which is unique to Angus House.
We got only one bread. An additional bread will be at an additional cost.

There were three items in the appetizer plate. They were smoked salmon topped with bacon, macaroni and cheese, and deep fried snapper fish topped with a slice of bell pepper

The soup was smooth and creamy.

The salad was dressed with vinegar, sesame oil, and a hint of soy sauce.

One of the steaks was ordered with Medium doneness. This one steak was very tender, cooked perfectly at medium doneness, with some pinkish color in the meat.
Few of the steaks were ordered Medium-Well, which also was very tender, with less pinkish color in the meat. Both were great. However, I preferred it cooked medium.

The sauce tasted like miso. The saltiness complimented the taste of the meat. It is the trademark of the restaurant.

The dessert was a slice of banana cake with coffee cream on the side. The strong taste of the banana in the cake ended the dinner on Monday night beautifully.

• Visited August 2012

• Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“A magnificent culinary experience”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

After my wedding event at the Four Seasons Jakarta, we got a dining voucher for two at the Steak House restaurant, located on a very private area of the hotel. Already equipped with some review reading on a city magazine, me & my wife went there last weekend night to savor what the renown steak restaurant has to offer.

The place isn't that big, rather small & the ambience is quite dark, not so much on the design I guess, but we're looking forward to the cuisine, specially since we're on a voucher so price wasn't on our concern this time around.

We started with a warm home made bread & beurre d'isigny butter, imported from France I guess, a perfect way to start the evening. I blamed the freshness of the bread because I had one slice too many before the course even started.

The came the the appetizers, a finely pan seared foie grass for me & this uniquely presented prawns with bruschetta. The foie grass tasted heavenly. It perfectly melts in your mouth but still has that crisp feeling on the surface, gracefully topped with a fresh cranberry sauce & some fancy nuts to counter balance the fleshy taste. My wife's prawn bruschetta was also a winner. The prawns dipped in this very distinct & original paprika sauce, coupled with a warn twisted bruschetta bread. Food presentation were also done attentively.

For main course, we went for the wagyu 7+ tenderloin for my wife & I took the challenge of having the 350gr US Rib Eye, all medium cooked. The carnivorous duo dived in relentlessly, savoring the tender meat served before them. The beef was so juicy & clean, the scent of olive oil smothered on my rib eye made it sublime. My wife's wagyu is impecable, she loved how the tender meat is chewed inside her mouth. I also took the liberty of having the macaroni & cheese for my side dish, not just any 'macncheese', but one with a very expensive truffle within. Sauces were also great in the matter of really complimenting the beef not over empowering the taste at all. The side rocket salad also surprised me because of its sweetness. I rarely taste rocket leaves that sweet, bravo to the ingredients selection by the kitchen staff.

For deserts, although we didn't order any due to the unavailability of space inside our limb, the waiter offered us this amazingly delicious lemon sorbet, probably the best sorbet I ever had.

All in all, it was a joyous dining experience, the waiters are more than attentive & friendly. I believe it is one the best place for fine dine in the city, especially if you're a carnivore feaster like me.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Alexander D
Bali
“Best steaks in Jakarta!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I ate at this restaurant last Saturday night with family and thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful of my meal. I ordered the Australian Angus Beef Tenderloin with vegetable side dishes of creamed spinach and baked sweet potato. Devine! It was the best steak I have had in a long time! I enjoyed the restaurant ambiance and the waiter service was good. This restaurant also offers a good selection of wines and mixed alcoholic drinks. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Lisa B
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Gandhy Steak Hayam Wuruk”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

one of the oldest steak house. It was great, i ordered medium, and it was just right. The service is great too.

• Visited April 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Low customer service level”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Good food but ruined with very low customer service level. They have personnels that are not qualified to work in a five star hotel such as the receptionist and manager.

Forget simple request which are important that i have personally requested by phone the nite before and has been reminded again when I arrived but totally forgotten even after billing. Which shows lack of customer attention.

The request asked was simple which is only to bring out the cake to my friend who was having his birthday dinner at the steakhouse.

After being assured that they wont forget after I reminded them when I arrived, yet they totally forgot about it. They forgot the reminder which is in a span of not more than an hour !

Indeed very low customer service level for such a restaurant in a five star hotel such as Four seasons. Totally dissapointing.

• Visited February 2012