“Unique charcoal-grilled steak; not bad but not special either”
Review of Q Smokehouse

Q Smokehouse
Ranked #4,331 of 8,151 Restaurants in Jakarta
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Kebayoran Baru
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Q Smokehouse grills its steak with charcoals, which isn't like the usual pan-cooked or broiled steaks in most restaurants in Jakarta. Because of this, the steaks in Q Smokehouse will look a bit more burnt than usual and the minimum level of doneness is medium.

I came here with my friends and we were basically looking for unique steaks so charcoal grills would do. What I can say is that the steak is not as juicy or tender as the price should give, but it is tasty, well-seasoned, and satisfying.

Q Smokehouse asks for Rp. 130-180.000 for its steaks. With that price, it is understandable that expectations would run rather high. I would say it's a bit too expensive for what it offers.

The other menus the place offers were so-so. We ordered several desserts and a tower of onion rings, which aren't bad but not something we'd raise our eyebrows for.

Additionally, Q Smokehouse has a classy, country-ish, and cozy ambiance about it. It may be a fitting place for romantic dinners or quiet meals.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Humm... It looked appealing from outside. A "real" Texas steak house! I did not want to have so much food to eat so I ordered the combo plater. Unfortunately the beef brisket, one of the signature dishes, was not available. The combo came with a rib and a ridiculously small chicken tight swimming in an excess of barbecue sauce. The meat was really not of first quality (really fatty) and the barbecue sauce was not to my taste (very sweet). The restaurant was pretty empty but the extraction fan of the open kitchen still on and making so much noise that it just covered the background music. Where is the Manager?!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

After a few recommendations from BBQ-lover friends, my wife & I decided to test it out. We ordered the Texas Brisket & Dry Back Ribs. Man, they were delicious! Even, the coleslaw tasted great :-D It's a bit pricey, but it is worth the quality.

You should definitely try it out too!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

A succulent, juicy, tender, very satisfying Chimichurri steak, with crunchy fresh salad, and to top that I ordered a cool refreshing mojito to quench my thirst.

Yet satisfying, my curiosity beats my stomach.. I want to have more.. I want all of those tempting beef sent from heaven.. so i order a combined platter of everything. Every bite of the beef was perfect, but.. the smoke sauce (hickory i guess..) on the chicken was a bit too smudgy and too sweet for me. But thankfully it didnt mess my appetite. No problemo.

You have to dig a bit deeper to your pocket to dine here, unless you're a fully loaded wallet guy. But it's relative. I think it was worthed, but it never hurts to ask for a discount to the owner. Hey, owner.. Gimme discount here, i'm definitely going to become a frequent beefer here. Email me ya!

The owner should educate the waiter more about their menus, and ummm.. be more friendly.

Ahh.. I'm hungry now. Gonna go there with my son. Cheers!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Coming at 8.30 PM, I hope the peak hour of dinner has been passed so that I can get good and responsive service. However, ordering 2 menus, both of them were not delivered until 9 PM, and there was no information at all that our meal would be delivered late.

There were only 3 desks occupied at that night. So, when I reminded the staff, they seemed shocked (and perhaps misinput/forget to input?). They rushed to make the meal, but the quality was very poor. I asked for well done steak, but they gave me medium one.

When complained, the manager with no smile simply said that they could grill it again until well done, or just return it (no need to pay). Who would be willing to ged bad food at 9 PM.

So, it's a big no no to come to this place anymore.