“Great food and fab experience”
Review of Sumire

Sumire
Ranked #780 of 8,000 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2013

When you’ve been with your other half for quite some time you don’t necessarily want to be sat gazing lovingly into each others eyes every time you go out for dinner. Which is why Sumire made a very refreshing change to said gazing and mundane chit chat. We headed straight to the back of the restaurant – a bee-line for the teppenyaki. Seated in typical teppenyaki configuration (think horse-shoe with chef in the middle) we set our eyes on the menu and start to reel off our order to our dedicated chef.

This guy has gymnasts for hands. Nimble, pacey, nifty, agile things, working the food like a gymnast on the bars. There’s two key features of Sumire; high-grade food, and high-grade chefs. Bring the two together and you have 2 hours of fascinating culinary theatre. We also offered off-piste items like sushi and sashimi which were divine. 1 bottle of wine later and we have a bill for about 200USD. OK so I nearly fell off my chair (glass in hand), but it was worth it and I’ll be going back again – probably don’t need all 13 items that we ordered next time though 

There are newer reviews for Sumire

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The food is good and tasty. Well and strategic located restaurant in a prominent hotel in the center of the city to have business meals with your relations, but also quite pricy ....... :-)

1  Thank Octovianus G
Reviewed August 11, 2013

the teppanyaki was quite alright
the rest is really overly priced
service was polite and quick
location is really tranquil and clean too

1  Thank JonoSubagio
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Even though the meal i ate alone costed me Rp 1,000,000 it is still worth every penny you pay. I loved the sushi, shashimi and the tepanyaki. I highly recomend this restorant.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Before making a decision on whether to eat in Sumire or not, consider these following things:
- would you like to eat in a place with good services?
- would you like to eat in a place where they tell you that the person you requested is sick via telephone when you called to make a reservation?
Well, let me tell all of you that my experience in Sumire was not good. I am the sort of person who cannot stand bad services no matter how good their food is. When I made reservations the other day, I specifically requested a chef to cook for us in the teppanyaki. It is important that you know that this reservation was made on the day, a couple of hours before in fact. They told me that it would not be a problem. However, when I arrived there, they informed us that the chef we requested was sick and did not come that day. I got very angry because there's no way of understanding why they hadn't informed us during the phone call if he was absent the whole day, not just leaving after the phone call was made. It also angered me that they wanted to give us the low ranking chefs. If they forgot to inform us earlier, they should at least give us the second best chef in the restaurant. If they had informed us earlier than we wouldn't have went in the long car journey just to be disappointed. We ended up leaving the restaurant because I just can't tolerate such a bad service.