“Unexperienced waiters” 2 of 5 bubbles

PEPeNERO Cucina Italiana
Ranked #610 of 7,648 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: WELCOME TO A MODERN TWIST ON CLASSIC ITALIAN. Not your ordinary Jakarta and Bali Italian restaurant. Grab a seat in our gardens, invite a friend, dinner for 8 or 100, we adorn you with our gardens, patios, delicious pastry bar, fresh gelato and home made bakery. A casual, flexible, affordable neighborhood restaurant- this is your PEPeNERO.
“Unexperienced waiters”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Ordered 3 dishes , appetisers was Golden fried Mushroom with tartar sauce and marinara , what came was wasabi mayo sauce , and the mushroom was too greasy , and felt like frozen mushrooms. Mains were Penne with parma ham and mushrooms and Risotto w Pork belly and truffle oil, there was a strand of hair. It was pepenero in kemang, and i asked them about the bread basket , what breads are these , the responds were Ciabata was called shialata and a baguette was called a ciabata … very unexperienced workers

• 2 of 5 bubbles

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bali, Indonesia
“Jakarta one of the best address”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had diner there ...

Very nice staff ...
Food is really good and not expensive ...

A place to go for sure in Jakarta .

“Bland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I went here just yesterday for dinner and it was pretty packed inside because we came late and didn't reserve. We sat outside but it was quite nice. Not too hot but not actually cool either.

We ordered a signature penne, fettuccine and salad. All in all the taste was quite good, and price-wise it's not really expensive either. Though I was hoping for something much tastier but I couldn't find any here. The portion is adequate too.

We had to work for waiter's attention but all in all it's quite a pleasant dining experience, minus the outdoor, though.

Brussels, Belgium
“Always good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was at pepenero three years ago and I was looking forward to my visit to Jakarta to have the possibility to go there again. Absolutely original italian cousine, very good food for a reasonable price. I loved the carpaccio! During my stay (one week), I went there three times.

Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“authentic italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Don't expect to get chili sauce to complement your pizza here. Some of my friends say that the food is tasteless, but I personally like the food in here! It is a bit bland, but in a right way. I don't really recommend the risotto though.
I recommend you to order their seafood in tomato soup (they are very lenient with the seafood), four cheese pizza with rocket salad, and mostly their pasta is good.
The price is very reasonable too!!

• Visited March 2014