“best buffet in town”

Ranked #14 of 8,280 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Relax and dine on SATOO's locally famous international cuisine while overlooking the pool and hotel gardens. With major influences from Indonesian, Malay, Indian and Chinese kitchens, SATOO offers a wonderfully unique Asian perspective. The restaurant offers private dining areas as well as wireless Internet access.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

got lunch with friends , the food is very nice , many choices and the price are reasonable for their delicious foos.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,142)

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Satoo could probably be the best buffet in town. It offers variety of cuisines: indonesian, chinese, indian, japanese ... seafood, grilled steak, prime ribs, salad bar and noodle bar among others. The price per person might be a little bit steep, but it's worth it if you wanna have food fiesta with family or friends. I've used the place for business meeting at lunch time on a working day and it seems it's been used as the place for lunch meeting quite regularly. I will certainly put this restaurant at the top of my choices to have good time(read: eat like a pig) with my family or friends on weekend.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This is my first time and I don't dissapointed. Food variety is varied from indian, japanesse, chinese, western, seafood, noodle & much more. All depending on the size of your stomach. The crispy duck skin os not that great & I guess with that much variety you cannot win it all but nevertheless that place to visit before you die...definitely

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is probably our worst dining experience, ever, in the whole of Jakarta. The made a big fuzz about their Middle East Ramadhan Specials and the famous turkish chef Yaran (Chef Yaran, the tenth generation of a family of chefs from the city of Bolu Mengen, which is famous for producing great chefs in Turkey since the Ottoman Empire), whom they apparently hired for the turkish cuisine. But I am not so sure he would have been happy with the quality served this last friday evening, to which we were looking verymuch forward, as we are almost addicted to turkish cuisine. Instead what awaited us was a huge disappointment. Food was far below average at best. The hoummus was extremely sour and therefore just plain inedible; they served a chicken quiche as a "turkish delight" - as far as I know there is no such thing in turkish cuisine. But the worst thing must have been a huge bowl of rockhard and tasteless pieces of fried liver, probably chicken but you couldn't tell as they were absolutely inedible and unchewable. The pilavlar tasted like some sort of nasi goreng and the Çerkez Tavuğu had peanuts instead of walnuts. So it lacked all the creamyness and the slightly bitter walnut taste for which it is famous. Taste was not even remotely turkish. The couscous salad was choked in powdered paprika and also far to sour. And so on.
But also the meat from the barbecue station resembled shoe leather, black frazzles of low quality and unchewabel meat. Overall we were stunned by the very low quality of the food. The only exception was probably the Indian corner, as the Dal was quite nice.
The place was filled, however, with the fast breaking-crowd, mostly families with loads of kids and the ambiance mirrored the whole event as it was, especially noisewise like dining in a huge public train station. The dessert buffet looked like a bomb had exploded in its centre, all plates and spoons and cutlery smeared until the very last piece, people grabbing pieces of cake with their bare fingers, putting them back after 'inspection' while staff looked on without saying a word - very disgusting but noone cared, least the staff.
This was our first and certainly our last visit to Satoo. They charge 75.000 for a local beer (Bintang) and this very unpleasant experience (with us only picking after the first three or so bad dishes) for the buffet and two beers set us back over a million - if that is not ridiculous! The turkish chef might have better stayed on until the end of the promotion and not only deliver the recipies. A shame they used his name and reputation.
Maybe they had a bad day, as so many exited reviewers seem to praise the place, but if so it must have been the worst of days.

At the entrance to the restaurant a man sold (or at least tried to) outrageously overpriced turkish handcraft, like tiny stoneware bowls which I regularly buy as souvenirs in Istanbul at around 5 Euros (approx IDR 60.000) and less. The pricetag here said IDR 650.000 (!!! - which is more than ten times that). The turkish glass mosaic lamp sets they had on display and for which you pay around 100 Euros outside of Turkey and far less inside, had price tags starting at 15 Million Rupiahs (!), which comes to 1.200 Euros (instead of 100 and less). I am sure the Tourism and Cultural Ministry of Turkey, who apparently promoted the whole event, could have broungt in those things at a reasonable price if they had cared to just introduce and promote turkish handcraft. If they havn't brought in each lamp individually on the back of a hand fed Byzantine donkey directly from Antalya, I'd say this is the most elaborated rip-off I've seen in a while. Shame on you!

3  Thank Kudalaut
SLJDMM, General Manager at Satoo, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Kudalaut,

First and foremost I would like to thank you very much for your patronage at SATOO and for taking your precious time to write a review. It is through valuable feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve our standards.

I do regret that some of our products and services did not meet your expectations during your recent patronage. I have instantly addressed the matter of your concern with our chef and restaurant manager, and corrective actions have been taken to avoid the re-occurrence in the future.

Please do let me know in case that I can be of any assistance to you by sending an e-mail to juergen.doerr@shangri-la.com. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at SATOO in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Juergen Doerr

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Had the buffett at this restaurant and its really mind boggling the amount of food they have.You can find practically everything you want to eat.From indonesian to chinese to japanese to western.The king prawns at the cold appetiser/sushi area is really fresh and excellant.
There is so much food nobody is able to sample all.This is the biggest hotel buffet i have ever seen.
Service was efficient and friendly but minimal as it being buffet the staffs were just there to serve drinks and clear plates.
Very good value and worth the visit.

1  Thank Philip L

Dear AsianWorldTraveller,

Thank you very much for your patronage at the SATOO and for taking your precious time to share your experience here.

It is thoroughly appreciated that you found our overall products and services excellent during your recent patronage. It is our privilege to be of service to you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at SATOO in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Juergen Doerr

Been to Satoo? Share your experiences!