“Close to perfection”

Ranked #13 of 8,068 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Relax and dine on SATOO's locally famous international cuisine while overlooking the pool and hotel gardens. With major influences from Indonesian, Malay, Indian and Chinese kitchens, SATOO offers a wonderfully unique Asian perspective. The restaurant offers private dining areas as well as wireless Internet access.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The place is well design for all you can eat buffee. Its spacy and and clear, yet it still have the nice design on every food counter. They serve sushi / sashimi, bbq, hong kong , western, eastern, french pasta, cakes & ice creams, indian food, sea food - and some others.

I stomach only can hold somany from all of it. But what impress me is the sashimi bar - it's fresh and nicely thick cut, not so good for the sushi though - there is something odd with the rice, or maybe just when i was there. The BBQ was good, those ribeye was awesome.

I try those cake, eclair, youghurt and some ice cream. All were great.
I arrive here to have dinner with my colleagues around 7pm , the place is not to crowdy nor too empty.

Services regular, nothing too fancy or too special. Those guys behind the counter needs more smile specially during long queing.

The price worth it specially if you can eat a lot.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This place serves some great food. I have visited this place quite a few times and it amazes me every time I get there. Despite visiting the place a few times I have not tasted all the food that they have to offer. This place is great for breakfast, lunch and dinner as long as you have enough time in hand to enjoy all that they have to offer. If you are dieting then this is not a place to visit as you may end up giving up your diet and indulge in some seriously good food. Great place, good food.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I love eating here because it offers selections of food from different styles and origins. On top of that, they're mostly delicious.

But the special mention should be given to Jamu stall. Jamu is a traditional drink that contains herbal. It's said to be able to cure several illness, from common cold to boosting your stamina. My favorite jamu here is Kunyit Asem. Unlike those sold outside, Kunyit Asem in Satoo has sweet with a touch of sour that's tasty to my palate.

Oh please remember rule number one when eating in buffet-style restaurants. Forget your diet, at least for about 2-3 hours. Thus, you can enjoy all food served without feeling guilty.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at Shangri-la Jakarta for about 1 week, and for some reason, the hotel food made me sick... usually, Satoo has a assorted buffet with lots of options... mostly Asian food... but you still can find some western food. I would recommend this restaurant for Breakfast, but not for dinner.. Breakfast is good, lots of food and fruits.... dinner is more restricted.... and prepare your pocket.... the buffet costs around 250,000.00 rupias (approx 25 USD). I also had a huge problem one day, I had my breakfast as usual, and I decided to bring one banana and one small cereal box to my room so I could eat them later... when I was leaving the restaurant, I was chased and asked to leave the food in front of every client in the restaurant... I felt really bad, and I argued explaining how unconfortable was the situation.. paying 25 USD for a breakfast and having this treatment....

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Went there with colleagues. Try to get a seat in the outdoor area as it is comfy and they have live music. The food selections are wide however I still prefer The Cafe at hotel mulia. The service is good and attentive, they will clear your dirty plate repeatedly without being asked.
Dessert selection was not that much, however i really love their "jamu" counter. It is Indonesian traditional herb drink that not easily found nowadays. And the auntie there really good at making the drinks.

1  Thank Rikachuuu