“value for money”

Ranked #14 of 8,207 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Relax and dine on SATOO's locally famous international cuisine while overlooking the pool and hotel gardens. With major influences from Indonesian, Malay, Indian and Chinese kitchens, SATOO offers a wonderfully unique Asian perspective. The restaurant offers private dining areas as well as wireless Internet access.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

at first i was denied my friends who treat me to fancy restaurant at five stars hotel. but then he said i won't regret it and he didnt mind spend money to treat me and other 3 friends here. well it's a buffet restaurant located at underground floor Shangri La Hotel Jakarta. The various foods from all over the world will make you feel like you've been all over the world too. The most delicious food for me is Indian Food. Love it. The Chocolate Fountain will make you feel like you are kids on chocolate factory movies. Even for a resto in Jakarta it's quite expensive... It's ok for spending a small friendship gathering here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Hands down... it is the best buffet in town... with a lot of selections... from sushi/sashimi, Indian, Indonesian, American, Chinese, Italian...

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Came here on 22nd December 2012. I came with nine others.

The Indian foods that used to be one of the best tastes in the city are no more. The naan breads are dry and cuts to small triangles. The chicken tandoories are too dry also the curries are too runny.

The peking duck tastes lousy and the skins wrappers are weird. It's yellowish?

The roast beef were ok.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Okay, at first I thought the price range of this place is above average. But then after I spent my evening there with my family, we got more than we paid for. The taste and quality of the food is excellent. Also they served a very wide selections of food from Indonesian, Asian, Middle eastern, American food.
I would really recommend this place to people who are looking for a one stop restaurant when price is not an object.

1  Thank fahrinandi
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Best buffet my partner and I have ever been to and for 300,000 IDR ($30 AUD) i cant complain. The service was lovely and they didn't rush you out the door. We only wish we had more time in Jakarta to go back again.

Been to Satoo? Share your experiences!