“One Of The Top Restaurants In Jakarta”
Review of il Mare

il Mare
Ranked #49 of 7,985 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Innovative cuisine with an unmistaken Northern Italian flavour. The extensive menu is specially prepared using only the freshest ingredients by our Italian Chef and his culinary team. Popular for Sunday Brunch as well as daily a la Carte Lunch and Dinner.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

It has been many years since I was last at Il Mare. I was very surprised to find the restaurant fully packed when I went there for dinner during the mid-week. It was definitely sign to the quality of the in Il Mare. Over the years Il Mare has had many different chefs but the current one is probably the best one. The pizza, pastas, and steak were very good. The chef has created a menu of his specialties and his special pastas dishes are not commonly found in other Italian restaurants. However, be forewarned, the special pasta comes in appetizer size but entree price. The total bill was not cheap. My overseas guests and I were very delighted with the meal and I look forward to going back to Il Mare again.

There are newer reviews for il Mare

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Its my first time here after reading all the good reviews on Trip Advisor and recomendations from my friends and they were certainly good advices !! The sunday brunch was really good with a wide range of food and they were all good !!! My family particularly like the pizzas and pastas. Good selection of bread too. A good place to recommend if you are feeling hungry and you have time to spend to eat as much as you like. Will certainly come back again

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Excellent food, ambience and service, ate here three times during my last visit when with friends and enjoyed so much I went alone on two occasions.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This restaurant is always our first choice for Sunday brunch and for nice dinner..... We have been to other places but we always come back here..... The Sunday Brunch is superb. The food is very good and one can tell that it was prepared from good qualities ingredients. It is an exclusive size buffet that would not make you feel overwhelmed. Dinner a la carte also comes in very extensive menu with great wine list. The food is served with style and taste that would make you think that it is worth the price. Combined with a good and attentive staff, this is a place to come back.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a great place to have sunday brunch especially if you opt for the free flow alcohol. Their selection of food include a wide range from grilled lamb, roast turkey, sushi, pizza, pasta, etc. Im personally a huge fan of their crispy thin pizzas and pastas. You can eat and drink to your hearts content. In addition to the buffet of food, they will randomly bring around small plates of food not on their buffet for you to try. More importantly they will always keep your drink filled.

This restaurant has a great atmosphere created by their lightly, table arrangements and live music. It feels relaxing, fun, lively and warm.

On another note, I will come here with my 3 kids who range in age from 4-15. There is an outside kids area with a jumping castle, face painter, video games, etc. However, it is more geared to younger kids. None the less, it is great that they offer this entertainment for my kids so that I can focus on the food and drink. :-)

Definitely fun for the whole family + friends. I recommend this restaurant to all of my friends and family who have not been yet.

2  Thank BlitzoJkt