“Awesome restaurant”

Ranked #49 of 7,985 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Innovative cuisine with an unmistaken Northern Italian flavour. The extensive menu is specially prepared using only the freshest ingredients by our Italian Chef and his culinary team. Popular for Sunday Brunch as well as daily a la Carte Lunch and Dinner.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I dined at the Il Mare several times during my recent visits to Jakarta. The italian cook, besides being a very nice person, created an incredible italian island inside Jakarta. Everything we ate tasted great and really italian (it would be an excellent restaurant in Italy too). don't miss the sunday brunch! I still remember the exquisite risotto with mushrooms and truffle.

There are newer reviews for il Mare

Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you're looking for 5 star dining experience, look no further. The restaurant provides you with not only great food but also an experience. I love the prawn and grilled salmon. The price is a little high for me but at the end of the day is worh it. Will I come back? Sure, only for a special occassion. Best if you want to come make a rsvp first.

1  Thank M J
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Definitely best overall dining experience in Jakarta ! Venue , food , staff all beyond expectation ! Italian food is served how it should be ! Will definitely come back soon

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I commend Il Mare's management for their attempt to provide a 5-star dining experience in Jakarta, and I encourage them to keep it up.

The food is solid -- in our party we had a simple salad, the prawn risotto, the tagliatelle, grilled salmon and baby pork, and everything was very good. The flavors were well developed and everything was cooked to near perfection.

The service is on its way. In my opinion developing professional staff is the manager's most difficult task because you need your staff to not only pay attention to the details but also to care a great deal about the details. Case in point: we ordered 4 coffees and a dessert. The dessert was good, but by the time it came out we had already finished our coffees. Had the waiter mentioned how much time was needed to make the dessert, we probably would have ordered a different one or asked them to bring out our coffee with our dessert. The problem is, it takes a long time to develop that kind of professionalism in your staff. Like I said, do keep at it.

Total bill including tip: US$200.

1  Thank ArifH67
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Il Mare is a great Italian restaurant with excellent service. I worry sometimes about the value and quality of a hotel restaurant. In this case, there is nothing to worry about. The food is fantastic. Sunday brunch at Il Mare is extremely popular so make sure that you have a reservation!