“unique drink” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mbah Jingkrak
Ranked #116 of 7,648 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“unique drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

one of my favorite javanesse restaurant. the food is lil bit spicy. they have some unique drinks selection, and my favorites are "es kolor ijo", "es jujur" and "es buaya darat", because i love "tape ketan" and "kelapa muda" so much. you can get traditional javanesse drink, called "jamu" for free.

the place is unique and relaxing, you can hide from the buzzing jakarta at this place on afternoon (between 2 pm-4 pm, that's my favorite visiting hour). the price is affordable and the staffs are friendly. Definitely I'll come back to this place if I worked in south jakarta again.

• Visited March 2013

• Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Unique Javanese food experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

We visit this place several times for lunch due to proximity from our office.
The place is a bit hard to find, and hard to park (in the residential complex).
Very unique decoration, they mixed everything up in their collection displays which makes it a bit dizzy and odd (some are creepy I must say).
They served free welcome drinks: traditional herbal drinks called "jamu", very tasty & healthy!
The food are traditional Javanese, but they named it with their own name, very odd and funny.
The food are spicy & delicious! Luv it!
They offer free bananas, and free to add rice as much as you like (sometimes), perfect for the eat lovers! (^O^)

Try: Ayam rambut setan, oseng oseng mercon, variety of sauted vegetables, variety of ice drinks

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jess_sutanto88
“Spicy delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

I ordered (I forgot the name), it's chicken baked with chili and the taste is ssooo spicy but delicious. I also ordered red rice, traditional soup, ice tea, and another meal from chicken too (I don't know the name, because I only picked the food what my eyes and my brain want my-mouth-to-eat). Lol.

The atmosphere in this restaurant quite dark if you see from the street, but large and brighter inside. It has small waterfall and Java music. I'm not sure Mbah Jingkrak whether form Sundanese or Javanese.

The offer you a drink called Jamu for free. Try it, it tastes healthy.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank GameGyu K
Milan, Italy
“The beauty of Java in the middle of buzzing city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

This place is definitely famous for their spicy food and 'sambal'. But I would still rate this place with 5 though I don't eat spicy. This place is just humble yet beautiful, something that is so refreshing in a city that full of either flashy dining or street food (which at times can be unfriendly to non local). They serve good homey food, which I crave most of the time. A numerous list of fresh, tropical drinks. The menu is done with a touch of humour. They have heaps of beautiful collections being displayed (sauce bottle, hats, umbrellas, shoes, dolls, masks, bikes, pictures, ciggs) which entertain me a lot as a solo diner.

They also have a live traditional Javanese musician. I've heard them play traditional music, Indonesian pop music and even Elvis Presley's songs! One of the best dining experience.

I go to this place regularly, just can't get enough of it!

• Visited December 2013
Biel, Switzerland
“javanese food with a sense of local humor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

when you see from outside, the restaurant look small and not very interesting but once you entered it's totally different, it's quite ethnic and spacious, some waiters wearing Javanese traditional clothes also the food are delicious, my favorite is "Ayam rambut setan" and "oseng-oseng mercon" all the menu has strange and funny names also many signs with Indonesian words/joke, it's a place where you can make your tummy happy and enjoy the atmosphere, we had 10 different items including drinks and it's only cost us around 12 USD :)

• Visited December 2013