“Expected more but ok”

Blue Fox Restaurant & Lounge
Neighborhood: Kebayoran Baru
Neighborhood: Kebayoran Baru
Reviewed January 5, 2017

Their famous burger was nice but a bit too cold when served...service was fine...friendly and quick...

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed October 1, 2016

Went to this place because of their burgers' rave reviews from local publications. Such a disappointment, which makes me wonder whether this place has gone downhill since the reviews, or it has always been bad but paid off the news outlets.

It wasn't a busy night (only a couple of tables occupied on the ground floor), but no one cleared off the tables. We also asked for the menu. After another group came, a waitress asked to "borrow" my menu so the other group can have a look at one. What, they don't have enough menu??

Then we found out that the whole ground floor was a smoking section. It's a closed off room, no exhaust pipes, and yet people were smoking. We were told that the non smoking section was upstairs. Ok then. We went up. The second floor looked more like a club than an eatery, dark with pulsing lights and loud music, so we went back to the ground floor and put up with the smoke. Luckily it was a slow night for them so we managed to find a table that was somewhat 'free' of smoke (once home, I definitely smelt like cigarette, though).

Drinks came first, and they gave me the wrong drink (a slushy type orange drink instead of orange juice). The famous burgers came fast, with a measly portion of old fries. My New Orleans, which supposedly came with some fried onion strips and grilled shrimps, came without any shrimp. I asked a waiter, who just said "oh maybe it's hidden inside." 'Kay. I poked through the onion strips, and asked another wait staff, this time what looked like someone higher up. Her answer? "Oh we use ebi (local dried shrimp)." I was horrified. Dried shrimp?? I told her the menu said grilled shrimps. "No. Dried shrimps. Grilled shrimp is dried shrimp." I told here there's a difference between grilled and dried (although to be fair to her, if a shrimp is grilled too long it will become dry). She insisted that there's no difference. While we were having this discussion, the previous waiter came with a small plate containing ONE very small, the size of an American quarter, stir-fried shrimp and said "We forgot the shrimp." Then the two walked off, assuming that measly "grilled shrimp" settled it. Wow.

And the burger itself? I'm better off at a Burger King, to be honest. The patty was soggy, the garlic sauce tasted nothing like garlic, the onion strips were so salty I still feel dehydrated the next day, there were two very small slices of tomatoes. And let's not even go to the "grilled shrimp".

Price for 2 burgers, 2 drinks, & bad service? 250K.

AVOID THIS PLACE.

Date of visit: October 2016
2  Thank WalkWalkTalk
Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

Having endeavoured most of the lunchrooms around the Senopati area this establishment is another welcome addition!

Pleasant interior and a choice cuisine to boot, impressive selection of burgers in particular.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed March 27, 2016 via mobile

Overall our feeling is not impressed. Food is mediocre. Definitely not a place for a burrito. The burger is nothing to write home about, but is better than fast food. We were the only customers so maybe that is a clue. Keep trying Blue Fox...plenty of room for improvement.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed March 12, 2016

this place got some lousy looking mismatch concept for the place, it starts with marilyn monroe pop arts, curtains, 2 misplaced lousy looking fake 10-point buck head, finished with my view of the non-operational machinery in the bar. those are just an eyesore for my night, really. see my picture for what im talking about.

Date of visit: March 2016