Open today: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great tours !

Unlike many freetour i’ve been across different countries, done by random foreigners just learning... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
pilou3018
Antananarivo, Madagascar
via mobile
Chinatown

I have always wanted to walk through the old streets of Jakarta in the particular Chinatown. I had... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
321yvettet
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Jakarta
from $17.13
from $50.00
from $35.75
More Info
All reviews old town these guys small alley street food kota tua fatahillah square train station indra route farid chinatown guide information participants history mas foreigners
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

In Jakarta for just a couple of nights and wanted to get a feel for the city. This walking tour of the Old Town gave us a great insight into the early history of Batavia and how Jakarta has developed over its almost 500 years of settlement. Easy meet up at Jakarta Koto train station with our guide who was friendly and spoke great English. Lots of interesting stories, and the pace was relaxed which would suit everyone. Would like to do the Chinatown tour if we get back here any time soon. Would recommend to anyone.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed April 11, 2019

I participated in the chinatown tour. The guide knew a lot interesting facts about the area and gave us background information. I would recommend this tour to anyone. It is a perfect introduction to a city.
Unfortunately, my second booked tour got cancelled because I was the only participant.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank xFlubber
Reviewed March 27, 2019

We did the city centre walking tour with Indra.

The booking process was very easy, with good communications from the team confirming the booking, with an email and whatsapp contact provided if needed before the tour.

This was the best thing we did in Jakarta. Indra was so knowledgeable about Indonesia and Jakarta, and he was clearly passionate about the city.
Starting at the museum (elephant statute), walking through the government buildings (Supreme Court, various govt & military buildings) through Monas and Presidential palace. A quick stop for the famous spaghetti ice-cream and finishing with the Grand Mosque and Cathedral. This really brought the city to life for us, and showed more of Indonesian life.
There is no cost for this tour, just a tip for gratuity to your guide at the end of the trip.

I wish I was in Jakarta for longer so I could do more routes.

Highly recommend this tour, and I'll certainly do it again next time I'm in Jakarta

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

A very recommended thing to do in Jakarta! The tour guide is very friendly and informative. Definitely going to join another route.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 1, 2019 via mobile

Took the tour last Saturday. The guide named Praisey did a very good job showing us around. He speaks perfect English and can speak Chinese. Very knowledgeable and he made the tour one of the best experience. The program was not too packed but enough to enjoy old town Jakarta. Look forward to join again for the next program.

Date of experience: February 2019