“Good location with good rooms and pool”

The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments
Ranked #51 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Vancouver
“Good location with good rooms and pool”
Reviewed December 26, 2010

On our last leg through Indonesia, we've been at the Mayflower for little less than a week. It was a smart choice given our family size as we have a separate bedroom from our kids. The apartment was very serviceable, although we requested a different washer/dryer combo as the old one didn't dry. There is a breakfast buffet, but it has very little and not too impressive, as is the food ordered for room service. The pool is gorgeous tho as is the fitness centre. An amazing view 28 stories up. Love the amenities there. No problem with Internet for us but it is a modest additional charge. The lobby and entrance is through an office building, which is odd. We were also very surprised at the metal detectors and xray machines, but because of bombings, we've come to realize that it is a fact of life in Jakarta.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2010

As all hotels were fully booked (due to the Obama visit) I still found a room at the Mayflower. and was pleasantly surprised by the apartments offered. The flat was very spacious with all comfort. Beside a comfortable bedroom, the flat had a large living room (and kitchen) and the hotel had a well equipped fitness and a large swimming pool.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Jakarta
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I have just started a 5-month project in Jakarta and was looking at a serviced residence to stay at. I chose Marriott serviced apartment for its location and the brand name. What a terrible mistake it was.

My bad experience started when I checked into my apartment. Internet connection was not working, and kitchen appliances, especially the dishwasher, was filthy. A week into my stay here, the aircon broke down and instead of proactively informing me that there was a problem and providing me with an alternative solution, they waited until I called, three times, to tell me that something somewhere was leaking and they couldn't find it. The service and competence of the duty manager was appalling, and those of the hotel manager was the worst I've seen so far.

This place is a perfect example of over-promising and under-delivering.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank rangga_m
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We were 6 and the 2 room apartment came cheap. Additional beds were free. It seemed we were the only people in the hotel for we saw very few guests. Pool is empty. Right in the center of Jakarta.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed May 22, 2010

My husband and I love the Mayflower Executive Apartments, the location is awesome! The bed is so plush and comfortable, great kitchen, and has a 1million dollars view. I was born in Jakarta and everytime we come to visit my hometown, the Mayflower is always the first choice. The room rate is not so high and the security to the building is tight. The ladies at the front desk and restaurant are all friendly and we didn't experience any slow service from them. We will be back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank w0rldtr4veler
Jakarta
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I have stayed in MayFlower in the 2 bedroom apartment before in the past. During that stay, everything is quite good except the slow service and issue of carpark that later settled after we asked to meet the supervisor (ended up the staff just lazy to do a little bit of work and just say that the service is not possible). The second time, we somehow still consider to stay over there again in 3 bedroom apartments, we have made reservation few months ahead to make sure the rooms are available. Today I was calling to find out regarding kitchen utility details and just found out that my name was not reserved at all. I was so disappointed to find out about it now and I was not contacted regarding the unavailability of the room eventhough my credit card is registered by them. The staff ask if they could help me to booked again today. I thought I would give them a chance again and make a reservation again as the staff said that there are 2 bedrooms apartments that are still available. few hours after that... I was contacted that the 2 bedrooms are also unavailable and if I would like, I am going to be placed in waiting list instead.
They should have apologized regarding their first mistake & instead of fixing it, they create another mistake and disappointment to their customers.
I was VERY disappointed with Mayflower service.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank voyager1688
Singapore
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Been to Jakarta with friends and girlfriend 5 times the past year and always stayed at Mayflower. Good reception despite a bit slow.
Rooms are clean, huge (esp the executive 2-bdrm) and well-equiped. Very friendly service in the rooms.
Careful, room service is disgusting though but plenty of food in the area.
View from the rooms and the pool is stunning.
Swimming pool is very nice too. Would recommend it for friends who go to Jakarta and want to have a large living space.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends