“Trapped by traffic.”

Ranked #49 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Trapped by traffic.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Make sure you understand that you're getting a nice apartment with kitchen, living room, bedroom and bath. You'll have to stock the kitchen yourself. So understand that you are getting an apartment first, and a hotel second.

There is only one restaurant and I think I got food poisoning there. Only people who are stuck without food in their apartment kitchen will eat there and so you can usually count the customers on one hand. They probably have to hold over a lot of food too way too long. For this reason alone, I wouldn't come back here.

The second reason I wouldn't come back here is that the street traffic outside the hotel is god-awful. Don't expect to be able to go anywhere during morning or evening rush hour. We took a taxi and covered about 500' in ten minutes. Gave up and got out and walked back to hotel. :-(

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Amit S, General Manager at The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your experience. I am certainly disappointed to know that your stay was not all that it could have been.

We are sorry for your unpleasant experience with our restaurant and your feedback has been shared with the team. Be assured that we take our hygiene standards very seriously and no exceptions are made at any time.

With regards to your comment on our hotel location, the hotel is located in the business district of Jakarta and just like any other part of this city, traffic can be a problem during peak hours. In this matter, we are very sorry to learn that our location was not ideal for you.

I hope that the remainder of your stay was enjoyable and I would be obliged if you give us an opportunity to serve you again and restore your confidence in The Mayflower, Jakarta - Marriott Executive Apartments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a good stay at the Mayflower Apartments in Jakarta. We only stayed here for two nights, but it was worthwhile. The pool and gym were good, and it was centrally located and close to the business district. High security at the entrance, but I think everything in Jakarta is like that. I would return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JRWalker
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed for a night and the experience was unsatisfactory. Booked an airport pick up via the apartment which was good as it allowed to board the Silver Bird taxi faster compared to others. However although the Silver Bird driver was repeatedly told by the Mayflower staff the location of the hotel, it still did not stop the driver from behaving in the typical Indon driver style-asking me the foreigner for directions plus stopping at least three times to ask for directions from random people on the road. After much ordeal I arrived safely and managed to check in without too much hassle only to find my key card not working. Thus I had to waste time after a very long journey to head downstairs to get another key card. I was fortunate to meet the manager on duty that night and told him he should accompany me to ensure the key card works. Lucky for me, the manager was with me as sure enough the second key card did not work and the manager had to let me into the room using his master keycard. He gave some excuse about the batteries not working. I had to spend another 15-20 minutes waiting for the technician to fix the problem on my door. All this time I could have enjoyed a nice warm bath - sigh. Apart from that room service food quality was yummy and breakfast although simple was also enjoyable. The key highlight was when I departed i asked the front counter lady to book me a Sliver bird taxi that has credit card facilities. She also helped me communicate to the driver to ensure the driver understood the different destinations I needed to go before sending me to the airport. That part went very well - thank you to the lady working on 4 July 2013 around 11am-12pm.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sweeteners
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed in this apartment for 2 nights. Fantastic and huge apartment. Centre of jakarta. Close to business district but also great starting point for leisure trip. Breakfast is fine. Good gym and pool. For sure we are going to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Diederik B
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for one night i was planning to stay longer but i canceled the other nights
Staff were very friendly but......
Rooms and washroom were not clean you can see dust everywhere specially in the corners
Washroom was smelly
Carpet dusty and old
Water was leaking from the water cooler
Bed sheets and blankets had stain on it
Breakfast less than what is expected for Marriott
Utensils in the kitchen were not enough and old
No good supermarket or grocery store nearby and with traffic in Jakarta this is big problem
You can defiantly find better options in Jakarta with even less price

• Stayed June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at the Mayflower when the floods affected Jakarta on January 2013. The location on the right side of the road, helped greatly in ensuring I could get to the airport. The staff were also extremely helpful to get me a taxi that could get me to the airport in time for my flight. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Singapore_Gal_EU
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Location is right in the heart of the city and has a number of eateries and a convenient shop. Apartment is reasonably cleaned, well maintained. Kitchen is well supplied with basic china wares and cutleries. I love the fact that it has 2 TVs - one in the living room with DVD player and another in the bedroom, with very good list of selection of TV channels. Good for family or long stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family