“First Great Experience with Italian Restaurant”

Trattoria Pondok Indah
Ranked #781 of 8,068 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Just visited a friend in Jakarta and he take me for dinner at Trattoria. At first I refuse since I've never been to an Italian Restaurant before and I don't think the food will suit my taste but my friend insisted. The place is great and the staff is friendly, nice and also attentive about what we need. And about the food, what do you know?? I love it!! I ended up making another order and share it my friend since its huge LOL...I went home really full and say to my friend that the next time he's visiting Bali I will take him to dinner at Trattoria Canggu. Hopefully will have the same experience as the one in Pondok Indah. Keep it up Trattoria. :)

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I must say after reading the previous post I'm shocked that Trip Advisor would allow such abusive remarks to be posted. I have traveled to many places in this world and one thing is for sure; there are many acceptable cultural behaviors. Some greetings are met with a kiss or a kiss on both cheeks and even some rub noses. For someone to make accusations of sexual abuse without being qualified to make that statement it only opens the door to many possible hazards.

I have visited this restaurant many time and most of the other Trattoria locations across Asia and have never witnessed any sexual abuse. In fact, the staff and management is usually very loving in a friendly way. Anyone can make an accusation of others doing something behind closed doors or behind a bar but without accurate evidence this is just dangerous to businesses in general.

With concern,

Mr. Sigmund

1  Thank Jody Sigmund S
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The food at Trattoria is ok and nothing bad to say however at this particular restaurant in Pondok Indah the Manager openly harasses his young female staff members by constantly and I mean constantly touching and stroking their hair and their upper bodies in full view of patrons, seemingly shameless that he looks like a total deviate who cannot keep his hands to himself (cant see whats going on below the bar). Its quite embarrassing and uncomfortable to eat your dinner while the Manager is trying to put on a sex show in front of your eyes.

TrattoriaAsia, Owner at Trattoria Pondok Indah, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

DMFRA,
I am shocked and appalled at this review. I personally take every review very seriously and investigate to improve our services, myself, the food, etc. In this instance I can assure you this review is out of line and unacceptable. The manager and employee you are referring to have been working together for a long time and there are no complaints from staff or guests. It's a shame that personal views can be posted without proper knowledge. Each culture has their own way of showing affection whether that is kissing on the lips, the cheek or even two cheeks. In Alaska they rub noses. Someone looking at a situation can see what they believe is going on when in all actuality it is something very different. I don't believe this is an accurate or appropriate review and would ask that you and Trip Advisor consider what may have been a misconception. This is a very hurtful review not only to me and my restaurant but to the people you are pointing the finger at.

With Concern,
Edo - owner

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Trattoria is a very well known name for expats in south east Asia and in Jakarta especially, as they started to offer good Italian food at affordable prices when the only Italian restaurants were in 5 stars hotels, offering not always good food at very expensive prices. Some issues with the local partner made them close the Pondok Indah outlet, the first opened in Jakarta and after some years they're finally back, in a better location (beside Pondok Indah gallery, the new wing of Pondok Indah Mall), at the entrance of the golf course. Easy to reach and good parking facilities.
The real surprise was the food: increased quality and increased portions. The quantity is really what you would expect in any trattoria in Italy, not abroad.
The porcini risotto was my choice as I am vegetarian, the chef was very honest to say that the mushrooms were frozen (couldn't be otherwise as they don't grow here, but still...), and it was really enjoyable, better than the usual portobello mushrooms offered in other places.
Pizza for my own personal taste is too thin, but it's fresh, so even if you take your time to eat it, it doesn't become rubber. My mom and kids had spaghetti alle vongole, they all anjoyed and struggled to finish them as they were huge. Clams were still in the shell, meaning they were fresh and not out the preserved ones from supermarkets. My wife ordered linguini allo scoglio, and she had to wait a bit extra time because the chef didn't like how the first ones he cooked smelled. He cooked new ones throwing away the smelling ones. This was also a very good sign, you may have to wait a bit longer, but the food is good and fresh.
As a dessert I would recommend the lemon sherbet with white wine, a good help to digest....and before leaving, don't forget your shot of cioccolatello, a chocolate drink with vodka.
Even though they charge as much as most competitors, offering way better food with bigger portions, so overall I would say they are actually cheaper. I will definitely keep it as my favorite place for Italian food in Jakarta. Great job guys, thanks and keep it on!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Trattoria, the recently opened Italian restaurant at the Pondok Indah Golf Gallery is a place to enjoy, unwind and savor the delicacies on order which are served with true Italian panache. The main courses are delectable with the flavors lingering in ones mouth for a long time. The pork chops and tenderloin were grilled to perfection and the pizzas with the ' oh so thin crust ' probably the I ever had, and I've had a lot!
The post lunch complimentary chocolate vodka was something new and good.
My best wishes to the restaurant