“Does not measure up to the 4 star status”

Redtop Hotel Jakarta
Ranked #173 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 3 days in May for a golfing trip. Services were average and the rooms badly needed a makeover. Breakfast was not so great either.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 17, 2012

i was stay at Redtop to arrange for goverment meeting for 3nights. Hotel location at the heart of Jakarta, in front of hotel you could easily find place for food. around area was not clean area.
Meeting room at Emerald Room was spacious for over than 50 people on U shape, choices of coffee break was various and the taste is excellent.

all meals served while lunch, diner and breakfast was taste good with many choices of juice on breakfast. Room was enough space and i love the long table that could easily me to work at room. i event could put my printer at the table besides 2 laptops. Perfect for bussines stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Irpaniza
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Get very high price, especially I'm Singaporean and no get special discount. Very old place, bad smell and very no recommended for family travelling.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Meyfung K
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I had a pleasant stay at Redtop hotel. Everything in the hotel worked. The staff were kind and were generous with their smiles. the room we had had a wonderful view of Jakarta. We could see Monas, Masjid Istiqlal, the Palace etc. Security was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
2  Thank Saridah S
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stay there for business trip on a conference, very clean and close to all shops and nice food. Highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Frans W
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a bad experience in my life staying in a hotel. That night, I stayed at 19th floor, In the room I heard a voice from outside. When I look out the window, I seen the fire trucks parked in front of the hotel. I tried to call room service officers and other numbers, but there was no answer. When I opened the door, fire smoke smell. I with my wife rushed to wake my two children ran out of the room and down towards the emergency exit. I carried the child to go down to the basement via the emergency stair exit. on the basement floor of the hotel staff greeted us with a wet towel to cover our nose because the room is full of smoke. Finally, we moved to Alila hotel located across from Redtop with a more expensive price.
Although Redtop does not charge to stay for that night, this very bad experience made ​​an impression on our hearts.
Based on information from newspapers, the hotel is not equipped with sewer smoke in case of fire.I am very disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Arwin_Lusiana
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We stayed in Redtop hotel with several colleagues. Redtop claims to be a four star hotel, but the rating has expired a long time ago. There are many things wrong with this hotel: the rooms smell like a sewer, the wifi is non existing, the rooms are not insulated at all so you wake up every morning from the sound of the mosque, the food tastes like cigarette smoke and so on. They advertise with having a spa, but the only treatments available are the ones that come with a condom. You also get proposisioned by prostitutes in the club of the hotel. Several of us had our credit cards charged multiple times for the same bill. Luckily we found out in time and we were able to cancel the charges. Wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank Traveldebs
Travelers also viewed these Jakarta hotels
Alila Jakarta
Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar
#105 of 471 in Jakarta
The Media Hotel And Towers
#196 of 471 in Jakarta

Been to Redtop Hotel Jakarta? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Redtop Hotel Jakarta

Address: Jln. Pecenongan 72, Jakarta 10120, Indonesia
Location: Indonesia > Java > Jakarta > Gambir
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #173 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Price Range: $50 - $72 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Redtop Hotel Jakarta 4*
International standard four star hotel, strategically located in Jakarta's commercial business district. 390 well-appointed rooms and suites, 5 restaurants and bars, 19 meeting rooms that can cater up to 600 guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Fastbooking, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Redtop Hotel Jakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.