“Harris Hotel is The Best both for Business and Family Leisure”
Review of HARRIS Hotel Tebet

HARRIS Hotel Tebet
Ranked #97 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Semarang
“Harris Hotel is The Best both for Business and Family Leisure”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Harris Hotel Tebet always give the best service from the beginning and everytime. No complaint since I stayed at the first time and everytime I visited the hotel. Well maintained, tidy, accessible, warm, friendly and full of smile.
This time I stayed at the hotel for business and for visiting my family. I can leave my family at the hotel without worrying when I do business. My family have fun with swimming or just stay at the room while I am focus to do business.
The location is not in the center of Jakarta but accessible to any dsetination.
I love to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
, Manager at HARRIS Hotel Tebet, responded to this review, February 19, 2017

Greetings from HARRIS Hotel Tebet Jakarta!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and time to write a comment of your experience with us on Tripadvisor.com.

We were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

On behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for choosing HARRIS Hotel Tebet Jakarta. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in a near future.

Marketing Communication

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Spa and fitness center is recommendable. Room were alright, simple, clean. Room service was good although the variety wasnt that much to choose, but the quality was impressively nice. I love the capucino they serve. Best at the rate. it tastes rich.

Wireless internet helps a lot, love the bathtub & aromatheraphy provided..blends in with the concept.
For traveller, business, family, or just fun & leisure recommendable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Greetings from HARRIS Hotel Tebet Jakarta!

We were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Gorontalo Province, Indonesia
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was stayed at this hotel during my vacation in Jakarta, Stay for 5 nights, very nice service and room also great, satisfied with all the service.

The location is little bit crowded with traffic when we went out from the hotel, swiming pool is ok

• Stayed October 2010
HARRISDOSM, Director of Sales at HARRIS Hotel Tebet, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for your review and great support. We are genuinely pleased to read that you enjoyed staying with us. Looking forward to welcoming you again very soon, Harrisly Yours, Sebastien Andre Director of Sales & Marketing
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We had booked for 8 days via booking.com.
The manager ignored the booking conditions.
Our conditions said: No prepayment. But we were forced to prepay. They said that bthey will only block a certain reservation budget, but not take the money off the credit card.
Wrong...a lie ! they pulled the first night off upfront.
Then I thought we ´were safe with the rest of the confirmed booking conditions.
Wrong ! next day I had to fight for the rest of my reservation time. Possibly a higher price was the reason why they did not want to accept the rest of 7 days which I booked.
I insisted on the confirmed booking period.
They let us pay every single little thing and were really insulting to us.
My wife left breakfast table, where we both sat, for women´s toilet. she was stopped at exit of breakfast room and was forced to pay breakfast in cash before she could goto toilet.
The people are criminals. And booking.com is supporting that, coz they did n o t h i n g to that Hotel. I could provide all my credit card details to prove what happened, but they accepted the Hotel Manager´s statement that it is us who lies !!!
We still can prove all with bills and credit card invoices... but booking.com decided that the stupid business they can get with these criminals has a higher value than the truth or our honor...coz we told the truth..
The Hotel reinforced the rude treatment to make us leave the Hotel, coz our rate at time of booking was quite competitive, but the rate at time of arrival was much higher.
Their motivation was to get us out of the Hotel for getting a better rate for our room.
My wife is indonesian...I am German... when the hotel staff did not yet know, who my wife was, they talked bad about bule (caucasian men), what my wife clearly understood.
She complained to the staff not to talk so rude behind a guest´s back, she was kept for a prostitute who was waiting for a Hotel Guest... and the staff threatened her to trow her out of the Lobby.
How many stars you can take away from Harris Hotel to justify these impertinences ???
We were happy to escape that night mare.
It was quite disappointing, how booking.com performed... their investigation was reduced to a call with the same man who was responsible for all...and really... who was surprized that this silly evaluation endet up in the statement "No...the guest lies".
But after having all visa card details in hands...booking.com should know what the truth was qnd eliminate that hotel out of their program...but you still can book at Hotel Nightmare !

I only can w a r n !!! all people...especially from western countries.

Room Tip: stay away from this HOTEL HORROR
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank TikusMatabiru

Greetings from HARRIS Hotel Tebet Jakarta!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay and for our service that did not meet your expectations.

Thanks again for your comments and be assured that every point is taken seriously to help us improve our services.

Singapore
Reviewed November 19, 2010

A group of us 2 families & 1 couple stayed 2 nights (3 rooms) at this hotel. Upon arrival, we were impressed with the colourful outlook, brand new feelings, rooms were comfortable. Hotel is linked to large shopping mall making it very convenient w/o the need of travelling elsewhere for shopping or food and getting stuck in the never ending traffic jam of jakarta. However, we had a shocking encounter on the level of service provided by the staff. As we were there to attend a friend's wedding, I borrowed an iron from housekeeping to do some light pressing on our clothes before heading for the dinner. The iron was subsequently passed to friends in the next room. The next morning, the phone in my room rang at 6.00 a.m. - from the hotel staff requesting for the iron! During breakfast, I discovered from our friends that they too receive calls to their room at the same time. Any good hotel staff with some decent training would have enough common sense not to call guest up at that hour. Upon checkout, my husband spoke with the hotel manager and he promise to investigate and get back to us. It has been more than two weeks and we have heard nothing from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Jakarta
Reviewed September 17, 2010

This is a very good hotel, the design is vibrant, the staffs are friendly as in their motto.. The food is great ! I stayed in the hotel several times as it is my previous office's fave hotel. The deal was great ! Worth value. It provides a moderate free internet access in meeting room and guest rooms. The meeting room is also fine, just sometimes the staff is not really quick handling the compains on sound or mic...
The other weakness of this hotel is the location. It's a well known bad traffic on earth... Good food except the restaurant is not walking distance. So if you stay in this hotel, just enjoy the vibrant environtment ! Getting out is not really a good idea...

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Greetings from HARRIS Hotel Tebet Jakarta!

Thank you for your precious feedback and time to write a comment of your experience with us on Tripadvisor.com.

We were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to always offer great services and your message is the best reward for our team.

Mumbai
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Wanted to try out this hotel as it promised to be Simple - Unique - Friendly.

A tad bit (Tebet) out of the Center of the Capital, it delivered what it promised.

Was picked up in an Orange (mini van) where the driver offered a cold towel to freshen up and a bottle of water. So necessary when leaving the dry confines of the aircraft and dirty confines of an airport.

Lobby was white with loud touches of orange and green - airy and full of light. Welcome drink was a short pour of the house mocktail made with guess what - orange and green apple. Friendly efficient check in by staff dressed in smart casual uniforms.

Quickly taken up to my room and introduced to it. Simple layout with a large bed and a third that can host an extra adult. Bathroom functional with standard amenities. What caught my attention were orange feet (the funky room slippers that I could not resist taking back home). A perfume oil burner in the room to relax your senses, flowers placed at right places and a fruit platter did the trick of making me feel wanted.

Has a single eatery that has 70% local cuisine on the menu. tastes good too at a reasonable price point. Juices are a hot thing with this hotel chain and the Juices are just too good to resist.

I was out on business and returned late night. Had a good night's sleep. Shower was good and powerful. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business