“Great location”

Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta
Ranked #172 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The first thing I like about this hotel is LOCATION. It was right in the middle of Kemang and easy access to anywhere. There is a convenient store nearby and many restaurants are in walking distance. The room was okay, but the bathroom needed to be renovated since it looked old. The breakfast was perfect! There were many choices of food and the staffs were always filling up so that nobody would never miss any. Overall a nice stay but it could be better if they renovate the bathroom into the modern ones.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
GMSBAK, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Greetings from Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang,Jakarta.

Thank you very much for your review and feedback to our hotel, we glad to learned that in overall you were enjoying staying with us. especially with our breakfast set-up and service.

Further to your comment on our bathroom, we thank you very much for your feedback, we are proposing some refurbishment of our bathroom for the up-grade and some touch-up and it is now on the progress of implementation of some facility in the bathroom.

Once again, we thank you very much for your kind support and feedback, we shall looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I spent nearly three weeks in this hotel in April/May while staying in Jakarta on business.
The staff were great - always smiling and trying to be helpful, the breakfast buffet was more than adequate and the location, for me, was good.
Overall impressions for westerners; think what you get for $80 downtown in a major western city. This is better value, with included breakfast, fast internet and good service. If you are there on holiday, remember that in the tropics all carpet is musty, especially old carpet when it is hot and humid. For people used to traveling off the tourist track in Asia, I would say it was typical of the genre.
The rooms are fully tiled. Bathroom is large, tiled, clean and equipped as expected. Large walk-in shower, no tub, no problem for me. Shower head was dodgy, but then the whole room, and elsewhere in the hotel, looked like it need a freshen up (torn net/sheer curtains, clean sheets covers and towels but sometimes stained). Didn't bother me - I guess I am used to traveling. Aircon worked, but the fan settings were mixed up, TV worked, and there was a good sprinkling of western/movie channels. Nothing major wrong, just tired.
As mentioned, the staff are terrific. Always smiling. But in Indonesia they all do. They even smiled every morning at 7 am when they banged on my door to ask if I had laundry.
The breakfast buffet was good - plenty for everyone's tastes. The sandwich menu for lunch was passable, didn't try the a la carte dinner menu, but then, too many places to eat inexpensively outside the hotel.
The pool looked nice, but the unattached light fixtures in the deep end kind of scared me. The fitness centre looked nice - didn't try it, but others have noted that the equipment was...well, tired. Tried the spa - professional and relaxing, but again, other places outside the hotel abound. The downstairs club was empty every day I went in. There were more band members than guests AND servers combined.
The area has several good places to eat - the Grand Kemang Hotel a few minutes walk away has two nice western restaurants and a British pub-themed bar; Murphy's Pub (Irish theme as the name indicates) is a half a block south - pub food, sports TV and music; Eastern Promise is a very popular local sport bar/music bar with a very nice Indian menu and a large expat clientele - I would have reviewed it but it isn't listed though I would have recommended it; there is a German themed bar/restaurant (Der Stuble?) a few metres west of Eastern Promise and a bit hard to find, again, good, food (pig!) but not on the list.
Beware, though. If you want to wander hand-in-hand with your loved one down the streets of Jakarta, this is not for you. Single file or get wiped out by traffic, and keep your eyes on the ground or you will turn an ankle or disappear into an open drain. Nothing to do with the hotel, though, just be wary.
Would I stay there again? The answer is a qualified "Yes", but until they spruce it up a bit I might try the Grand Kemang next time - a bit higher price but worth a shot. Would I choose it as a hotel to treat my other half. No - she'd prefer something closer to the western version of the luxury end of the market. No problems as a holiday transit hotel or short stay business hotel if you need to be in the area - good value for that.

Room Tip: Choose a low numbered room on a high floor to be furthest from the mosque and the "adzan"...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Erich H, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2012

Dear Mr. Cain,

Greetings from Arion Swiss-belhotel kemang, Jakarta.

On behalf of Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta managed by Swiss-Belhotel International, I may thank you for taking the time to put your comments.

I am very pleased to read that overall you have enjoyed our hotel and services. It is in line with the principles of Swiss-Belhotel International that each staff member of Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang is dedicated to services excellence and we will certainly make every effort to maintain and to improve our standards. We do aware that the building and its facility need some upgrade and refreshment, we are on the progress of the renovation project plan on the facility area mentioned such as gym and swimming pool.

We do apology for the inconvenience might cause on our morning laundry service, we should remind our room attendant again as the time should be start only after 9am for laundry collection.

Mr. Cain, we very much value your great support toward us and hope this will continue for many years to come and we are looking forward you back to the Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang upon your next visit to Jakarta.

If in the meantime we could be of any further assistance please do contact us at your convenience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2012

The thing about arion swiss belhotel in Kemang is that Rangga and the rest of the staffs are good people.They were always smiling.
The location is great, places to eat are within walking distance.

I only have issues with few things,one morning I had a clear look at the shower head and to my surprise I saw it was black mould/thick stain on it.I find that rather disgusting.

Secondly,The knocking every morning asking if I have dirty laundry.

Third,The treadmill, Arion only has ONE unit of it at their gym and the button was broken!.My suggestion is that since most of it's guests are business travelers maybe having 3 units would help and get good ones with after sales service so if one button is missing it would be taken care of.This kind of thing reflects the brand image.
Fourth:The carpeting along the hallway , they smell awful especially during rainy days as it gets damp and left to dry.

Perks:Awesome staffs, fast internet, beautiful rooftop pool

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sayangku
Erich H, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Greetings from Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta.

Than you for your recent visit with us and also thank you for your compliment on our hotel and team member, we are continuously improve our level of service and we are glad that you are noticed this from Rangga our Concierge.

As to the comment you mentioned on our bathroom shower heads, we have addressed the issue to our Exc. Housekeeper as we do have regular cleaning and maintenance program. we are investigating on why this has been overlooked as this is not our standard, and we do apology for this inconveniences.

On the laundry valet morning collection, it is our regular morning activity with the aim to collect guest laundry before 11 am so we are able to process and returned it on the same day in the evening. However, we are prioritizing our guest preference and conveniences, we will ensure that we do an exception for your stays in the future or you may put do not disturb sign on the door.

We are aware that our gym equipment is in its time for renewal and we are on the process of purchasing the equipment which hopefully will arrived soon and we will have a brand new sets of gym.

Once again, we thank you for your valuable feed back and our apology for the inconveniences, we shall look forward to welcome you back to our hotel and please do contact me directly to my e-mail at gmsbak@swiss-belhotel.com should there is any further assistant needed.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed here for almost a week for a work function. Overall, my experience was positive but not extraordinary.
The staff were very friendly, the pool pretty, the breakfasts and lunches yummy, and the location great.
On the other hand my white sheets and bedcover were stained and even the replacement they brought was visibly stained. The bathroom had no ventilation and appeared to have some plumbing problems that made it smell like a sewer at times. The pool also stained my feet black.
As I said, my experience overall was positive although I probably wouldn't choose to stay there again if I was paying.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Erich H, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Greeting from Arion Swiss-belhotel Kemang, Jakarta.

Thank you for your recent visit with us, we value your feedback and comment on our rooms and swimming pool, we have taken this into our priority in replacing the linen and the flooring at the poolside as the tiles has its time for replacement. we also thank you for your compliments on our staff and breakfast as well as lunch we will ensure we continue this from time to time.

I still do hope that you will give us another chance for you to experience in staying with Arion Swiss-belhotel Kemang. I can be reach through my e-mail at gmsbak@swiss-belhotel.com for your future reservation so I can ensure that everything are in well order.

Once, again thank you very much for your feedback and comment, we are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

With best regards,

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I loved my stay at Arion. Stayed for 7 days for a training. . Friendly staff & a very good hotel. Loved the people in this country friendly & very helpful. It took about 1 hour to get to Block M. Shopped at BLOCK M SQUARE & PLAZA. These malls close by 9.p.m. Square was quite cheap & affordable. But remember to bargain. Bought handicrafts at Andong in BLOCK M SQUARE but have to bargain. The handicrafts are quite cheap here. Bought more handicrafts at ZARINA. They had a whole section for all TYPES of wood carvings , baticks & handicrafts. It was lovely. Even here could bargain. Visited JALAN SURABAYA the antique area. Have to bargain less than 60% of the price offered to arrive at a good rate. But be careful you may get caught to replicas. The museum as well as the monument is closed for public by 4.pm. on week days AT 5 p.m. on week ends. So our journey was a waiste & after traveling for 1/1/2 hours we just had to turn back. Loved the country . If visit again must visit the museums in the old city & ancol for the art market & the sea world & MANGA DUWA to buy stuff at a cheaper cost. But i heard that you should not get caught to the wrong people here. Hardly any body knows English but you could manage to get about. As i was with 2 others the traveling about was easy & it was recomended always to travel in BLUE BIRD TAXIS. All in all a memorable visit to busy Jakarta.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Erich H, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2012

Dear Ms. Chrishanthi,

Thank you for you recent visit with Arion Swiss-belhotel Kemang, Jakarta and thank you for your compliments on our hotel and services. We are glad to know that you have an enjoyable stay with us and your holiday and shopping trip to Jakarta was successful. I will share your comment with my team here in Jakarta to motivate them further and ensure that we maintain our level of service from time to time. We shall look forward to welcome you back to our hotel and please do contact me directly if I can be of any assistant.

With best regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Very good hotel with excellent staff and service.Highly recommended. Will always stay there when travelling to Jakarta.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Erich H, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2012

Dear Mr. Kenna,

Happy New Year 2012 and greeting from Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang, Jakarta.

Thank you for your compliment on our hotel, we are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stays with us and I have shared your comments to our team members.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel and please do contact me directly for your future reservation with us.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here to celebrate the New Year. Hotel is outdated, room looked poor and the bed was very uncomfortable. Breakfast buffet was average. Gym and pool on top floor. Close to restaurants and clubs.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Happy New Year 2012 and greetings form Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang, Jakarta.

Thank you for the valuable feedback, we really appreciate your input we continuously improve our product and facility, with your comments we will always learn to do differently to meet and exceed the expectation our guests. We are currently progressing some up grade on our Gym and Spa facilities as well as our guestroom which should be finished early this year.