“An underrated place indeed”

Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta
Ranked #172 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“An underrated place indeed”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Kemang is a good place to stay because many charming spots are near by (although I'd never dare to go out alone in Jakarta). This hotel is really not too bad.. breakfast is pretty yummy, and so is the room service. I had a banana & strawberry mocktail - which was really delicious, and so was the soto ayam. Front desk manager was warm and friendly, and so were the restaurant staff AND the room service people. Everyone was helpful. However there are a few rough edges - towels look grey, there are no handtowels available, and the noise from the room can be quite irritating. However I am now at Park Lane where I suffered food poisoning and getting locked out of my room 5x before anything solid was done to fix the problem, so on hindsight, this hotel wasn't bad at all..... there is even free wifi in the lobby (yes, that is a rarity in Jakarta).....

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
GMSBAK, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your review on our hotel and we are very sorry to know that you have been suffering of food poisoning at the other hotel while you are visiting Jakarta. We do hope that you are in good health and has recovered already.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments on our food quality and services provided to you while you are staying with us. we are pleased to know that you notice our effort in ensuring the level of service and product are meet the expectation of our guests. And we will continuously learn and improve in providing better service and high quality product therefore we could be able exceed the expectation of our guests at all times.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel and should you need further assistant, please feel free to contact me directly.

Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang, Jakarta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Excellent service, wonderful staff, good food and pleasant place to stay.
This is my third time at this hotel this year to a total of 110 days, feels like you are at home and everybody knows your name.

Room Tip: try floors higher than the third floor, away from the street's noise and a room not to close to...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
GMSBAK, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta, responded to this review, November 15, 2011

Greetings from Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang, Jakarta.

Thank you very much for your review on our hotel and we are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stays with us. It is with great pleasure to learned that our effort in ensuring the standard of service are continuously provided and extended to exceed the expectation of our customer. We always learned and try to improve by taking any comment and feedback from our valued customer such as yourself.

We shall looking forward to welcome you back to our Hotel, and do contact me directly should you need further assistant.

Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang, Jakarta
Goulburn, Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed four nights at this hotel because of the discounted rate published at Wotif. The hotel was located in the very busy area in Kemang. The traffic was congested from 8 am til 10 pm. There are several nice cafes, pubs and restaurants within the walking distance from this hotel, however, walking is at your own risk.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was great but a bit small. Overall, we were satisfied with this hotel and would not mind to come back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Esther H
GMSBAK, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for staying with Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang, Jakarta and thank you for your compliments on our service, we are glad to learned that you have enjoyed your stays us while your were visiting Jakarta.

I will certainly share this good news with my team to make sure that we continuously maintain our level of service to our customer exceeding expectation.

Once again, on behalf of the team we thank you very much and we are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel. in the meantime, should you need any assistant please feel free to contact me directly.

Yogyakarta
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I checked into this hotel at 8 pm and had checked out in disgust by 9...

My initial difficulty was when my staff made the booking. All fine to start with, but then the next day they get a call back demanding my credit card details or they would cancel my room. Given I was mid flight, this was impossible. By the time I landed, there had been calls back and forth and two of my staff were totally stressed A stunningly unprofessional start to my visit, especially given I had stayed there many times in the past and was there with a reputable organisation, who had a corporate rate deal with the hotel.

Once I arrived I sat and waited, whilst one sole receptionist checked in a group of 20 people before me. One by one they asked for a smoking room, one by one they were told that actually all the rooms " should..." be non-smoking. A clear implication that this was loosely enforced.

When my turn came, I asked specifically for a non smoking room and expressed my concern at the receptionists prior implication. I was assured this was not the case and the rule was enforced...

I excited the elevator on my floor to the stench of old and new smoke, got to my room that reeked of stale smoke, and of course called, complained and asked to move to a smoke free room. The receptionist offered to send housekeeping to spray my room, which I pointed out would mean a room that stank of stale smoke and sickly room spray.

She then said she would call housekeeping, and check other rooms and call me back. 10 minutes later I was offered a new, which somewhat predictably reeked of, guess what... stale smoke and overpowering room freshener.

I used the room for ten minutes to track down alternative accommodation and checked out, tired and furious...

The receptionist then had the hide to try and demand I paid as I had used the room! My loud demand to see the manager, so I knew who to sue, when I called the police set her in her place and I left in disgust.

Over the many years of my visits to Indonesia I have stayed many times at this hotel when it was the Grand Flora. I am simply shocked and appalled that the new Swiss manager could let it degrade so quickly.

WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T STAY THERE...

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Big_Yob

Greetings from Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang, Jakarta.

Thank you for your comment and feedback, please accept our apology for the inconvenience caused to due to the fact that the service we provided has failed to meet your expectation. I have addressed the matter to our Front Office and Housekeeping Manager to make sure that this would not happen again in the future.

Please be informed that further to the Management, Owning company changes and with the new regulation of non smoking policy in the building, we are continuously maintaining our hotel and one is the recondition of the guest rooms which currently is in the progress of repainting and changing the fabric as these are normally stale smoke stays.

I do understand that the incident have changed your image about our hotel and the impression has been tainted with by way our staff in providing the service. However, that was not our standard in providing the service to our valued customer such as yourself and we have ensured that the related staff are being taking care off.

Once again, please accept our apology and rest assure that we will make sure to serve your better in the future, if you give us another chance to show you our service and standard in exceeding the expectation of our guests. Please do contact me directly on my e-mail address; gmsbak@swiss-belhotel.com for any assistant needed.

Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang, Jakarta.

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 9, 2011

There was a booming disco outside the hotel room - not the hotel's fault (could use some new windows though to cut the noise) and they moved me....but moved me above the generator - so white noise, but still loud. Then on a Saturday afternoon they decided to undertake a construction project in a room next to mine - drills, banging.................and I was sick and trying to sleep. I called the front desk to complain - nice people, but the construction continued. Can't they work on that during the middle of the week when people are in meetings and out of their room!!!

Tried to use the exercise facility - none of the equipment would turn on.
Breakfast is nice.
Internet cord is too short - you have to sit at a desk to use it and the way the room is set up you can't really watch tv....

Needless to say staying here is affecting my ability to sleep and be fresh for work - I wouldn't stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
GMSBAK, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
Greetings from Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang, Jakarta.

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused due to the noise disturbance inside and outside the hotels. Your feedback is valuable to us therefore we can continuously improve our services and exceed the expectation of our guests. We are currently on the progress of the improvement of our facilities, unfortunately the noise was from the AC installation from our meeting room we just installed on the afternoon last weekend, which has caused an inconvenient staying with us, we have advised the related Department head to ensure the project scheduling should be at the right time and once again please accept our sincere apology.

We do hope that the noise disturbance is not changing your image about our hotel services which we learned that you had enjoyed the friendliness on our staff, therefore we are looking forward for a second chance for you to stay with us and we will ensure that we will do better next time.

We than
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Even though we weren't particularly impressed with the Kemang area of Jakarta the Arion was perfectly acceptable accommodation and good value. The rooms were a decent size, good beds and decent shower. Everything was clean and in good shape and as our room was at the back of the hotel it was really quiet and we had none of the traffic noise on Jalan Kemang.

Service at reception, room service and at breakfast was a little slow but always friendly (an unexpected bonus during ramhadan). The breakfast food selection was fine.

We also like the nice pool on the rooftop with a view and the new equipment in the fitness centre.

The only downside was the non-smoking floor corridors which smelled of stale smoke.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back for more peace
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
GMSBAK, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Greetings from Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang

Thank you very much in writing us with your valuable comment, we are glad to learned that you have enjoyed our facility and services. This is our commitment to ensure that our valued customer such as yourself are enjoying the stays at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang. We are continuously learning and improving our service and product and we really appreciate your impute therefore we can be better next time.

Once again, we thank you very much for your visit with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 13, 2011

REMINDER: DON'T DRINK THE WATER IN JAKARTA. Don't even use it for brushing your teeth; that's the reason hotels like this one have complimentary bottled water in the bathrooms.

I stayed for two weeks here on a business trip, and it served as a good base. Nice restaurants, shops, and convenience stores nearby, very handy. If you like to drink or party, Kemang is a great place to be.

The rooms were decent, although I noticed some paint-like stains on a couple of bed sheets during my stay.

Room service food was okay, and actually decently priced for a hotel. Local food quite good. Breakfast buffet was not a sprawling feast, but quite adequate to get you started in the morning. Coffee could be better, though.

Staff were quite friendly and helpful. Laundry service very prompt and reasonably priced by hotel standards (I suspect you can get much lower rates outside. However as far as I know there are no handy laundry shops in the Kemang area, so it's good that the in-house service is not insane.)

Swiss-Belhotel just took over this property, and I hope that bodes well for service improvements overall. Right now, for a business trip it's adequate, but it's not really a top choice for honeymooners and so on. I'd come back just for the sheer convenience of the place though.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
GMSBAK, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Greeting from Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang,

Starting 9th May 2011 Hotel Grand Flora Kemang is under the management of Swiss-Belhotel International.

Thank you for the feed back I am very pleased to read that in overall you have enjoyed our hotel and facilities and we have meet your expectation. It is in line with the principles of our hotels that each staff member of the employee is dedicated to service excellence and we will certainly make every effort to maintain and to improve our standards. As to the linen issue please accept our apology, we are currently on the process of replacing them with duvet in replace to the blanket and sheet.

We very much value your great support toward us and hope this will continue for many years to come and we are looking forward to welcome you back to Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang upon your next visit to Jakarta.

If In the meantime we could be of any further assistance please do contact us at your convenience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jakarta
Hotel Ciputra Cibubur
Swiss-Belhotel Pondok Indah
#95 of 464 in Jakarta
grandkemang Hotel
#78 of 464 in Jakarta

Been to Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta? Share your experiences!