All reviews kemang area kemang raya unique design busy area dvd player room service menu swimming pool shower gel huge room suite mirror privacy agoda
Reviewed July 26, 2016

A wonderful modern boutique hotel in the hip area of Kemang. Stayed for 3 nights in the Edge suite for business in July and really enjoyed it. The hotel is clean, tidy and the rooms are very spacious. The bathrooms are completely open which was fine for a solo traveller. Housekeeping are impressive seeing the small things (ie; I removed the bed cover on night 1, they saw this and didn't put it back on). Free in-room wifi was very good and easy to connect.

Pool was really pretty although no time to swim. Restaurant food was great and fair value. Sadly, the restaurant is fully smoking both inside and outside which was really surprising and not nice eating next to smokers.

Reception staff were very helpful and friendly. No issue getting taxi's from here. All in all a great stay and would reccomend for anyone looking for a modern boutique hotel with a personal touch.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Herman K, Manajer Umum at Kemang Icon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

Dear Ms. Kate Janetski,

Thank you for taking up your valuable time in writing this review. I am very happy to hear that during your stay with us was mostly up to your expectations and a memorable one. In terms of the smoking area, I will reinforce my team to ensure that the indoor area are strictly for non-smoking area.

Kindly do not hesitate to contact me personally on your next visit in this near future at herman@alilahotels.com, I would be gladly to assist you.

Ms. Kate, once again thank you for choosing Kemang Icon by Alila and hope to see you back soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2016

I stayed here recently with my uni student daughter. I have mixed feedback, but if the areas of concern can be addressed, it will be a good option.

First, the things that are great. The staff were all fabulous. Nothing was too much trouble - there is a genuine warmth to their welcome and in our daily interactions. The room size and layout was also great. We were in Illumina on the 3rd floor, looking out over Jalan Kemang Raya. The room was very quiet (good double glazing) and lovely and light . The room (s) was very large with a good sized sitting area, a large bathroom, and a large bedroom. The roof deck is lovely especially first thing in the morning and at sunset. The rooms were equipped with a good hairdryer and an ironing board and iron.

Now the areas that could do with some improvements. The pool was under maintenance while we were there ( a disappointment on a hot Jakarta day). The restaurant was often understaffed at breakfast, even though the waitress worked, very, very hard. The menu was quite limited for meals and often many items on the (already small) menu were not available. The rooms were very dusty, could benefit from a very thorough clean and the sofas were stained and need replacing. 3 coat hangers for 2 people is not enough. These small things add up and need to be addressed to ensure guests receive good value for money.

Hopefully these issues can be addressed as we are frequent visitors to Jakarta and this style of hotel is a nice change to the large international chains.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Herman K, Manajer Umum at Kemang Icon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

Dear Mrs. Elizabeth Hallet,

First of all it was a pleasure to have personally met you and your daughter at our pool deck on the 5th floor and I would like to say thank you for taking your valuable time in writing a review during your stay with us. We do hope both of you had a memorable stay with us at The Kemang Icon by Alila.

We are very delighted to received the pro and cons about our facilities and service, for us to continuously improved and ensure that we meet our guest expectations. I do apologies the timing was not convenience when we had to service our pool that was due for maintenance and some of the breakfast food items was not available, this was due to the Ied holiday most of our fresh produce was not being able to be delivered on a timely manner by our suppliers. Please let me assure you, that my team and I have follow through towards this matter.

Once again we would like to say thank you for your valuable input and recommendations, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at herman@alilahotels.com for your next trip to Jakarta.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2016

I stayed at the Kemang Icon by Alila for 3 nights with my family. There were quite a few of us and we booked a total of 5 rooms. First, the pros.
The size of the rooms were big - which is what attracted us to the hotel to begin with. Breakfast was decent, made fresh with your order and quite tasty.
We ordered room service - spaghetti bolognese. It was surprisingly delicious.
We also had dinner at the rooftop on our last night - there was a selection of grilled meats and we tried the steak and the grilled chicken. Both also very nice and reasonably priced.
Service was excellent - always with a smile.
The location is quite good - in the heart of Kemang, near enough to some shops / starbucks / mcdonalds / nasi padang - so very convenient.

The cons:
The lift can only accommodate 4 people at one time. This was a pain when traveling with large groups.
The suite we stayed in had an open concept and so the bathroom was completely open, leaving very little privacy. This was difficult for me as i have a pre-teen son. So not recommended if you are in company of those you are shy around!
The biggest complain that i had though, was that the Wifi was unreliable and extremely frustrating. It was constantly logging us out and made going online extremely disruptive.
The restaurant only had one chef in the mornings, so when in a big group, the wait for the food was quite long.
There is no gym.
The pool was under maintenance when we went.

Room tip: Our room was on the left side of the hotel and was quite noisy.
1  Thank FHMKualaLumpur
Herman K, Manajer Umum at Kemang Icon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2016

Dear FHMKualaLumpur,

First of all thank you so much for taking the time in writing this wonderful review about your stay with us at The Kemang Icon by Alila. My team and I are very delighted to hear such a positive feedback during your stay, although not all of it was beyond the expectation and we do apologies for the inconveniences cause for our WiFi connection had a bit of a glitch and I have instructed my team of IT to look into it to ensure what cause the problem as normally our WiFi is very good.

In-terms of privacy of our bathroom, we have included as part of the changes in our room soft refurbishment plan within this year and hope to also include with a new gym facility.

Kindly drop me a personal email, should you be visiting us again and I will make it up for some of the disappointment you and the family had experience.

Thank you and I will be looking forward to welcoming you back in this near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed June 12, 2016

Hotel sign can not seen clearly..Foyer and room Are a little bit dusty..air conditioners not work properly..it was very hot all day..bathroom drainage clogged..room size was ok, decorations are good enough..but the maintenance was unfortunately poor..

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Herman K, Manajer Umum at Kemang Icon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2016

Dear Ms. Novia Maximillian,

Thank you for your time to write this valuable feedback and kindly accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience of our room condition due to drainage clogged and dusty area on the foyer and your room, and that our AC units has limited cooling power capacity depending on the number of persons occupied in the room especially during the day time. We are progressing to up grade our facility before year end 2016, so we do hope upon your return you will experience a better memorable stay at The Kemang Icon by ALiLA.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

I recently had a job in Jakarta filming for 3 months. I wanted to stay at a boutique home away from home style accommodation.
Kemang Icon is exactly that.
Small and luxurious, and ran by a small professional team. Herman is the manager, and left a lovely gift of red wine for us on check out.

The pool over looks the busy streets of the Kemang area and when cleaned is a great way to start the day.
The jacuzzi is a great way to unwind from the Jakarta traffic.

The breakfast was always fresh and a good selection. Fresh juices were great. Along with the honey & Ginger shots.

My room felt very James Bond.
They are all different and offer unique touches.
In hindsight I wish I had spent a few weeks in each room. But I loved my vast ceiling.

It is under going renovations to give it a little face lift, and I think it will just go from strength to strength .

Ideally the top private dinning or meeting room which has amazing view of the city could be turned into a gym.
Otherwise you have to brave the traffic on foot or jump on a motorbike taxi to the local gym. Celebrity fitness.

Perfectly positioned for the local shops and restaurants and only a short walk to Kemang mall , it is a great location that helps you to live like a local.

I will recommend it to all my friends traveling in Jakarta.
And also any local folk for rooftop parties.

I'm sure I'll head back at some point.
I loved it.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Herman K, Manajer Umum at Kemang Icon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2016

Dear Ms. Jane Liscombe,

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time in writing this review.

It is with such a great pleasure my team and I to read your wonderful review about us and by choosing your home away from home at The Kemang Icon for over a month period was truly a memorable one and an unbelievable experiences enjoying our facilities, service and products throughout....We value and thanking your input and suggestion to convert one of our meeting rooms into a gym along with our renovation plan.

I certainly do hope soon you will be visiting back here in Jakarta and trust the arrangement for your sister vacation plan this end of June 2016 at The Alila Seminyak is taken well care in good hands by the team at Alila Seminyak.

Once again thank you and do keep in touch.

Warmest Regards