“Cool hotel, make sure location is right for you”
Review of Kemang Icon Hotel

Kemang Icon Hotel
Ranked #145 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Cool hotel, make sure location is right for you”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

love the unique suite room. The hotel was very comfortable and well equipped. Design and style get top marks. But the hotel is a bit old, and there was a bit of leaky windows/air cons when we got the massive deluge. The flooding on the street outside at that time restricted hotel access for about hours.

Top marks for the staff how are super friendly and attentive. I like the location, despite the flooding since it was easy to find great restaurants and maybe a few good bars around. Like the small hotel feel, but since I was staying for a few days, the lone restaurant got a bit boring.

Room Tip: I stayed in Ivory (#304) like the cozy seating area. There is no view from this room -- but also th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Joshua T, General Manager at Kemang Icon Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Charles H,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I sincerely thank you for warm words of the Team and the Personalized service that we aim to provide all our valued guests.

Much work has ben done since I have taken over and the suites have been refurbished. Unfortunately the City has seen severe flash rainstorms in the last few weeks. These have been since rectified but mother-nature does seem to find a way.

Please write to me directly at jtorai(at)alilahotles.com on your next travel to the City and I will take care of your reservation myself. Looking forward to welcoming you back here with us !!

JT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

First of all there's nothing such cute and unique as this hotel! The interior and design is really loveable! I cant said even a words when i saw i the room! Very creative and has its own theme each room!

• Stayed May 2014
Joshua T, General Manager at Kemang Icon Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Kokonu,

Thank you taking the time to review us !

It was an extreme pleasure having you here with us here at Kemang Icon By Alila.

The uniqueness of our individually crafted suites is only surpassed by our valued guests who really set up apart from the rest. Thus , we Thank You !

The Team and I look forward to welcoming you back here to the Eden in the City soon!! But this time more Pool Time is a requirement !!

Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed March 27, 2014

when we arrived we got a little bit upset, first, because of the traffic in this area and when we checking in, the staff can't find our reservation! in 15 minute we can get to our room. the room has a good smell, lighting, and the music played all over the room. the bed are little bit hard the pillow too. simple breakfast are great. we recommended this place!

Room Tip: infiniti room have a great view!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
joshuatorai, General Manager at Kemang Icon Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Fadel R,

Warm Greetings from your KIA Family.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. My apologies for the lapse in service with regards to your initial check in and am happy to see that you left pleased and happy. You can be assured that I have taken your kind comments constructively and have added a personal pillow preference towards your next stay.

My Team and myself look forward to welcoming you again back here at Kemang Icon by Alila.

Sincere Regards,
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Friendly and trendy hotel in Jakarta. Nice big rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. Lots of restaurants nearby. Exellent breakfast at the roof. A small hotel with only 12 rooms. Every room is different.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Marianne K,

Warm Greetings from your KIA Family!!

Thank you for taking the time to review us with warm comments. I hope that you are back to the hustle and bustle safe and sound.

My team and myself look forward to welcoming you again back here – But this time we require more pool time form you !!

Sincere Regards,
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Yohana and I decided that we wanted a weekend break. We both work hard and sometimes it's nice to just kick back and relax. So it was that we decided to book an overnight in Jakarta and, on searching around the net, we found the Kemang Icon.

Run by the Alila group of hotels, the Icon doesn't look much from the outside but once in the suite we were really impressed. The interior decoration, the complimentary ipod with pre installed play lists, the huge bathtub and glass panelled shower/toilet, the huge desk, the relaxing sofa, the sizeable bed and goose feather pillows, the exposed concrete ceiling, the carefully placed lighting. It all added to a great first impression.

Sure on a closer look the room showed signs of wear and tear (weird scratches on the bottom of the bathtub, for instance) but a small thing when compared to the overall experience.

The service was discreet but speedy enough when needed (the wifi wasn't working and the ipod was locked out on arrival) and it would have been nice to know in advance about the Sweet 17th party that comandeered the 5th floor pool and restaurant. Still, the weather wasn't really conducive for swimming so not just the thought of doing my Baywatch impression in front of a load of kids.

Would i recommend the Icon? absolutely. It's bang in the middle of Kemang, which allows you to sample all of the varied nightlife the area has to offer, along with a great room to boot.

In conversation with the head chef Brandon, the restaurant is doing well, but apart from breakfast, a very good Nasi Goreng with fruit juice and coffee, I couldn't comment on that side of the operation.

All 12 rooms at the Icon are suites, we stayed in an Edge Suite and got a good price from Agoda. Give it a try if you want a romantic stay for two or a business suite with a difference.

Only thing I found a bit odd, and this is a personal thing, there was nothing stopping your other half watching you use the loo!

Room Tip: I haven't seen an ordinary suite, but the Edge suite in which we stayed, 'Infini', was a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
joshuatorai, General Manager at Kemang Icon Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear SatchmoStoker,

Warm Greetings from your Family here at Kemang Icon by Alila.

I am happy to hear that your stay left a positive impression. I have taken over from the previous GM and improving product and services here at the Icon. My apologies for not pre-communicating the event that was booked prior to your arrival. Your comments on the needed improvements to the bathtub have been taken to heart and will be acted on. It was a pleasure having you here with us and we look forward to welcoming you back !!

Again Our Sincere gratitude in taking the time to review us.

Warm Regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Located in South of Jakarta, one of the best resort having only 12 suites. Just if you plan to visit and book this please book well in advance. It is in heart of South Jakarta, the market is very near. The Hotel rooms are good, the restaurant is just attached with Swimming pool which makes the ambience more wonderful. The lacking is I could not find in rooms, dental kit, comb, shaving kit near the dressing table. Nor I could find dustbin near the commode to throw in tissue paper :). The food quality is good. The hospitality of hotel is to be appreciated. Can enjoy you stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
joshuatorai, General Manager at Kemang Icon Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear MMD1611,

Warm Greetings – Happy to hear that you are back home. Thank you for your kind words and I have taken your comments to heart and will continue to improve our guest amenities. Please write to be directly via that details that were given in person for your next visit here to the City.
We hope to welcome you back very Soon !

Jakar, Bhutan
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed for one night. It was great experience until me and my partner planned to have dinner there. The place is great with relaxing atmosphere. However, the service we received for our dinner was disappointing. As we loved the place. I made reservation 2 weeks in advance and it was OK. On the day of our reservation, I wanted to confirm our visit once more and wanted to order our meal before we arrived. But on that day, I had to call 4 times until the restaurant staff could talk to me. When I was succeed to get trough, they said my name was not on the list and the restaurant was already full. It was very bad service. They should not do that again and wr hope other will not expereince this.

• Stayed June 2013
joshuatorai, General Manager at Kemang Icon Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Nugrahani,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Edge with us. I have since taken over as the new custodian of Kemang Icon since your visit here last June. We have revamped all F&B at the hotel and are continuing to improve the Hotel services and amenities. I would love to invite you back here with us and thus please write to me directly via jtorai(at)alilahotels.com and I will personally take care of the rest.