I have had the great pleasure to spend over three weeks at the Kemang Icon over the past nine months. The Kemang Icon is truly a sanctuary in the noisy metropolis of Jakarta. The KI is cool in both style—a tasteful pastiche of Euro-modern and Southeast Asian art— and (gratefully) temperature. The rooms are huge, well maintained, and uniquely designed with comfortable furnishings, and stocked excellent Allila amenities. Importantly, the staff demonstrates neither the disdain for the less-than-trendy guests, an attitude that seems all too common in some über-hip establishments, nor do they exhibit the faux obsequiousness that can be equally disturbing. Instead, they offer genuine warmth and professionalism that makes you feel like a singular guest whose needs and desires are of utmost concern. From Slamet and Evy at the reception, Benjamin, Hari, Ardo and Mifta in the restaurant, and Joko in the kitchen to the excellent housekeeping staff, everyone is there to ensure that your stay is memorable. Truly nothing seems to be too much to ask. My Indonesian friends were shocked when I told them that the hotel allowed me to take some cash out on my credit card to pay for a long distance taxi a day when no ATM would take my cards, as they were certain no other establishment in Jakarta would provide that kind of service! In addition, when I mentioned to the genial General Manager, Carter Crites, that I was a vegetarian, he called Brandon, the highly skilled Chef of their restaurant, the Edge, to discuss what kind of additional food they could have on hand for me. In all my travels, I have never had such personal attention from people in their positions before, but I sensed that getting to know their guests and ensuring they had a great stay seemed to be a part of their jobs that they truly enjoyed. Furthermore, I can attest that dining on Chef’s inspired Southeast Asian tofu curry while seated on one of the rooftop cabanas overlooking the candlelit tiers of tables and fireworks in the distance was a highlight of my last visit. Even without the special dish, the selection, quality and presentation of the food at the Edge is superlative with something for every taste. There is also a wonderful, innovative selection of Western and Indonesian selections at breakfast, delicious, freshly prepared and artfully presented offering a welcome respite from the bland offerings that one finds at so many hotel buffets. The only thing that I could suggest that could improve the KI experience, is to include some better reading lights, but that’s a small matter when one considers the fabulous comfort and hospitality at the Kemang Icon. I am looking forward to my next stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SET IN ONE OF JAKARTA’S MOST UPSCALE AND TRENDSETTING NEIGHBOURHOODS Named in Conde Nast Traveler US Hot List as one of the scene stealing hotels in Indonesia... Kemang Icon Hotel transforms the travel experience with a truly innovative and dynamic urban living environment, set in one of Jakarta'€™s most upscale and trend setting neighborhoods. Artistry fused with hi-tech functionality and exceptional comfort creates a hip retreat within the city. Ultra modern. Avant-garde. Chic yet cozy. A multi-sensory experience is infused with the warmth and attentiveness of unsurpassed personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Prestigia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kemang Icon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kemang Icon By Alila Hotel Jakarta
- Kemang Icon By Alila Jakarta