Stepping into the Intima Suite at the Kemang Icon by Alila is best described as a luxurious experience as the spacious 85 sqm suite features mood lighting and soft music coming from every corner of the room. It's décor was very tastefully done with a keen eye for design and attention-to-detail whilst the bathroom was far beyond everywhere else in Indonesia. The quality of the fittings, furniture and linen were far superior to the other places I'd stayed at within Indonesia.
Only downside to the Intima Suite (not sure about others) is that the lighting is quite dim at its highest setting. It's great for setting a mood but terrible if you need light for any purpose.
Outside the suites the pool area is exquisite and it's hard not to want to spend the entire day just lulling by the pool and its cabanas. Similarly, the dining area (which is also the pool area) has pretty nice food - one of the few places that offers a complimentary a la carte breakfast. However, if the elevator breaks (as it did a few times during our stay) you will soon notice there are other parts of the building that are unfinished and unused.
Location-wise the Kemang Icon is in a convenient location with easy access to restaurants, bars and even a little shopping. As mentioned in other reviews, taking a taxi in Jakarta is fairly cheap so location is not worth quite as much as it would be in countries with a higher cost of living.
Although the stay at the Kemang Icon by Alila was very enjoyable and luxurious I have mixed feelings. It's a really lovely place to stay but as an international visitor I'm not too sure how wise it is to book a hotel that makes you never want to venture outside to absorb the culture of the city!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SET IN ONE OF JAKARTA’S MOST UPSCALE AND TRENDSETTING NEIGHBOURHOODS Named in Conde Nast Traveler US Hot List as one of the scene stealing hotels in Indonesia... Kemang Icon Hotel transforms the travel experience with a truly innovative and dynamic urban living environment, set in one of Jakarta'€™s most upscale and trend setting neighborhoods. Artistry fused with hi-tech functionality and exceptional comfort creates a hip retreat within the city. Ultra modern. Avant-garde. Chic yet cozy. A multi-sensory experience is infused with the warmth and attentiveness of unsurpassed personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Prestigia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kemang Icon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kemang Icon By Alila Hotel Jakarta
- Kemang Icon By Alila Jakarta