“Bit too much for 5 stars hotel”
Review of Manhattan Hotel

Manhattan Hotel
Ranked #203 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
“Bit too much for 5 stars hotel”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

visited there in last Ramadhan, pretty concern about the lobby, a bit dull and old-styled but the room was clean and tidy but the bathroom was rather smaller than other 5 stars hotel i visited. Near so many great shopping place and first opened uniqlo store in Jakarta. not just indonesian food but the breakfast include indian and chinese food. cable-connection in room. The location in the center of Jakarta is the plus-point of this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gwsetra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Good value for business accomodation, good rooms, enough space, clean and convenient. I only tried one restaurante on level 3. Food was not so good, better go out for some lunch. You have shopping centre with good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: High Floor=better views. And don't miss the bar on the top of the building, nice ambiance and go...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed July 18, 2013

A good hotel for business people with decent size rooms (actually much larger than what I can find in other cities) for the price. The breakfast is good and the hotel is located quite centrally near the two Lotte malls. The gym is well equipped (what a change from so many hotels who just put 1 treadmill and 1 bicycle) with an attached swimming pool and a very good balinese spa. The internet works sporadically and, unlike in ALL OTHER hotels where I have been in the world, they actually don't replace your towel if you hang it on the towel rack (the "save mother earth" policy that other hotels display but don't apply): Bravo !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I, overall had a good stay in Manhattan Hotel. I did not using any other facilities such as Restaurant, Gym, Sauna, Lounge etc so I will not reviewing those facilities. I went there with parent and upon check in the reception is just good but tend to robotic, supposed to be they can thrilling me as for my first impression but I am OK, Going to my room I found is good and near by lift as good for me since I was stay with family.

Room was OK, Clean and we satisfy enough, a good thing coming from this hotel is only 5 minute walk to Kuningan City Mall and 7 minutes walks to Ambassador Trade Center so its saving money for taxi for shopping:-), and secondly is free Wi Fi since its important for me and i have no problem in term of speedy.

Thank and overall we have a good experience there...

Room Tip: Any room i guess have a good view of the city
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Medan, Indonesia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am a frequent guest at this Hotel - since my company has a corporate agreement with the hotel. So, basically, at least once in a month or two - I will be staying in this hotel.
The location is great - at Kuningan district - for those business traveller, but could be nightmare for holiday traveller who are seeking for pleasure - cause the traffic jam at the surrounded is a total nightmare.

Room is ok - comfy bed
Service is just a regular services - even thou I am a frequent customer, they don't even know or call me by my name. (not that I wish them to know my name, but those small attention and personal touch could bring huge affection)

The swimming pool is dirty and small - I tried once, and don't bother to try again on my next visit.

Overall - it is a good hotel, great value (since we had corporate rate) - but don't choose this hotel if you are on holiday vacation

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Business hotel for great location,but the hotel staff need to be more trained in terms of hospitality services and treating guess with smile and decent attitude

We booked this hotel for a meeting and the water taste funny because they don't serve water in a sealed bottled...so during the meeting i have to take bottled water from my room

• Stayed June 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

we are locals in jakarta, so my wife and i like to just hop in between hotels to enjoy some private nights together...

so shortly, we booked manhattan (without seeing the review here this time... so it is partly my fault)

after getting there, we had to park in the basement, there is no access to the lobby.. you have to go out and use a very dirty looking staircase to go up and cross alley to get to the lobby.

the interior throughout the hotel is very cheap looking (from outside it actually looked very nice)

the reception is handling another caucasian and both speaks english but both dont understand what they're talking about to each other (almost laughed myself)

my turn, reception greet me and we got through no problem, even though courtesy is far below 5*..

room was shabby, the bed is so soft, everytime i move, my wife wakes up.. its totally awful.

and yes interior is bad as well.

anyway, we finally spend our time to shopping mall close by instead of in the hotel due to this..

we had to go out through a back door with security eyeing us like we're some worker trying to run...

got back, ask the reception for free ticket, she look sharply at me... took my ticket with one hand rudely.. no smiles, no nothing.. not even a 'please wait a moment sir' thingy..

wow.. nice... and day after, breakfast time? forget it.. not much to have.

i'm not stereotyping but manhattan hotel maybe best catered to indians.. as other reviewers mention.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Papabear1234

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels