“Fave Hotel Rocks!”

Ranked #196 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Manila, Philippines
“Fave Hotel Rocks!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I had a great time staying for 5 days in Fave Hotel. Its Hip, young, funky and clean. The bed is very comfy and nice. Britghtly lit colors, great for couple. Its like staying in a 5 star hotel accomodation for a price of a budget hotel.

Location, is in the middle of Blok M. Generally speaking, the area surrounding the hotel is a bit mismatch., Some of the streets are unpaved and with potholes. Some is not well lighted. Hope the shopping area also nearby be improved in facilities.

Food, the food is basic, but still filling, i love the snack kropek.

The price is very very competitive. i hope Fave hotel, continue to maintain its facilities and still be bidget friendly.

I will be definitely be going back to try other Fave hotels. i heard there are 2 coming to Manila!!!

Room Tip: I think there is no gym or swimming pool, thats why I cant rate it accurately
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DocJoey2014
faveMelawai, Front Office Manager at favehotel Melawai, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at favehotel Melawai - Jakarta. It is lovely to know that you and your wife had a great time in our hotel during your stay.

We are happy to inform you that the street in front of the hotel already re-asphalted. Now guest able to comfortably cross the street from hotel to blok M square.

We are keep trying to be competitive in service and prices by keep improving our products quality and having promo rate.

Once again, thank you for staying with us at favehotel Melawai - Jakarta and also thank you for sharing your experiences during your stay with others. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I went to this hotel on business and I feel like this is one of the best hotels out there. On my previous business trips I stayed in other favehotels and other hotels, but none matched my satisfaction as this one did. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark J
faveMelawai, Front Office Manager at favehotel Melawai, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Mark J.

Thank you very much for staying with us at favehotel Melawai - Jakarta

We are so happy to read your review about our hotel. It is really great for us to know that our hotel meet your satisfaction. Your feedback is giving us great motivation to keep improving our services and products.

Once again thank you for staying with us at favehotel Melawai - Jakarta and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Regards,

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed there for being close to my Son's school located in Melawai, Fave is the best to go. It has modern feeling and also clean room. For that price range, it is really reasonable. apparently they haven't finished their project of restaurant etc, so the hotel was halfway done i suppose. but once it's finished, i would say this would be a great place to stay in term of, accommodation also food and beverage. you don't need to go outside anymore to find food. Great location and great hotel!

Room Tip: Good for business trip
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at favehotel Melawai - Jakarta and sharing your review with other travelers.

For information, our restaurant will be open shortly. If everything running smooth, it will be opened in the middle of June 2014. We keep improving our services and products to reach higher level of guest satisfaction.

Once again we would like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serve you on your next visit to your son's school.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

i stay for 5 days with 2 room,the hotel was good but its hard to find it (the location is not good). when i arrive at hotel,i was confused because there are no parking lot on this basement (only in front of hotel). and unfortunately in fave melawai i must pay every hour if i using parking for my car (8 hours i must pay more than 25.000 idr everyday). i always stay in hotel and its never happen to me.hotel never charge parking to guest because its include on hotel services. if i know i must pay more than that in fave melawai, i guarantee i will seeking the other hotel to stay.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank gunawan08
faveMelawai, Front Office Manager at favehotel Melawai, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Mr. Gunawan,

First of all, thank you for staying with us at favehotel Melawai - Jakarta! We do apologize for the inconvenience caused by our limited parking lot. We only provide parking lot in front of the hotel because unfortunately it is not possible for us to have our own basement parking lot in blok M square area.

For information, now we are providing parking voucher for overnight guest at favehotel Melawai - Jakarta. By purchase this voucher at front desk, guest will not pay more than IDR 25.000 no matter how long the parking duration.

Thank you for taking time to drop us your comment that motivate us to keep improving our services and products.
Once again, thank you for staying with us at favehotel Melawai - Jakarta and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Not only cheap, this place feels you comfortable and have a strategic area. Best place to stay for bussines purpose or just for relaxing your day at Jakarta. You can go to "angkringan" around blok m square for dinner and get your best experience.

If you ask me "would you go to fave melawai hotel for your next trip to jakarta?", I'll say DEFINITELY

• Stayed March 2014
faveMelawai, Front Office Manager at favehotel Melawai, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Bpk. Nanang Tri,

We would like to thank you for your recent visit at favehotel Melawai - Jakarta. It was truly pleasure to serve you.

We also would like to thank you for taking time sharing your experiences to others about our hotel and culinary around blok M area. We are so happy to know that our hotel makes you feel comfortable.

The team and I are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

The Management
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have to say I that I am truly shock and impressed at Fave Melawai. Full disclosure: Never wrote a review for a hotel before, but this time it is very different considering the price location and staff.

I have traveled a stayed a few times before around this area and was very happy to find fave as a properly run and managed hotel in this area. Rooms and the lobby has a nice layout and design very new and modern when compared to other "locally" managed hotels.

Location: Perfect in south Jakarta. Right across from Block M mall and next to all the food and entertainment anyone would need. Also not far from high-end mall (senayan city, etc)

One comment that I found was the road leading up to the hotel was not good/bumpy, but this Jakarta's government fault, not hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suites are surprisingly big considering the budget hotel and price
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Andrez T
Dear Bpk. Andrez T.,

Thank you for staying with us at favehotel Melawai - Jakarta. It was truly pleasure and make us feel so special become the first hotel reviewed by you in tripadvisor.

We are happily informed you that the road in front of our hotel has just been re-asphalted. It is smooth now and no flood, so guest able to comfortably cross it even after rain.

Once again, we would like to thank you for staying at favehotel Melawai - Jakarta and drop your first review for us. We look forward to welcoming you again at favehotel Melawai - Jakarta in the future.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Upon my check in, I queued nicely, but a few customer came later, cut the Qs, but still the reception served them first. I was like non-existent. Standing at the reception for more than 30 minutes, watching the locals cutting Q really pissed me off. I told off the front liners, this is not the way they should address customers...And I nagged for quite a while.. She did not even say a word of "sorry" to me.. Damn pissed off, luckily the bell boy who carried my luggage up to my room is polite enough to say sorry on the hotel's behalf. The room is rather small but clean. But when I took my shower, the water did not flow to the drain.Maybe it clogged; so the bathroom was flooded till the water flows out to the room. The shower was funny, for 10 sec the water was really hot (till you can even bathe), the next 10 sec it was really cold...It just goes on like that.. I just hope that it only happened to my very unfortunate room. The only good thing about this hotel is that the location is very convenient for shopping, eatery and massage. It is easy to go from Soehatta airport straight to Blok M by Damri bus and it's just a walking distance to the hotel. The hotel to me, needs so much more improvement in terms of hospitality n room services. May they improve on that!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
faveMelawai, Front Office Manager at favehotel Melawai, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for recent visit to favehotel Melawai - Jakarta. We do apologize for the inconvenience during your check in process and your stay at our hotel. As a new hotel, we are keep improving our service by giving continuous training to our staff. We also in progress upgrading our hot & cold water pump to produce more stable pressure and temperature.

Thank you very much for your review. It is really motivate us in giving better service to our guests. We wish to have chance to serve you better in the future. We look forward to your next visit.

The Management

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels