“I like the sambals only”
Review of Loobie Lobster

Loobie Lobster
Ranked #787 of 7,917 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
“I like the sambals only”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I ordered the Half lobster platter menu. Overall it was tasted just standard. The lobster was tender and perfectly cooked. The size was so small, just as big as jumbo shrimp (consider the price, no wonder). The calamari was too dried and chewy. The rice was also too dried and bland. Only the sambals that I liked. The spicy and the taste was perfectly matched. Thanks for the sambals, it help the taste became better.

Visited April 2014

• Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“good spot for youngster”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

You can taste the lobster is fresh. their portion is kinda big for women. it's crunchy and good food. i want to go back sometimes, but the long queue is one thing that hold me.

Visited December 2013
“Nothing impressive”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was excited when my sister wanted us to eat together at this place. They say it's a place where you can eat lobster without spending a lot of money. We arrived there early the place was still closed. We were given chairs and we waited outside. From where I was sitting I could see the kitchen was quite messy.
The place was small so I wouldn't recommend going to this place with large groups of people. I ordered Maine lobster platter which I think was a little too bland. I like the texture of the calamari rings but It also tasted bland.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank SylviaMuis
Jakarta, Indonesia
“just an average seafood restaurant”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

i went there few days ago to try this restaurant.
as a sister brand of holycow steak, we're curious and have a bit of expectations when we went there. we ordered a mix platter dish which contains a mini lobster and some calamari with small portion of rice at the center of the plate. not so tasty lobster and uneven seasoned calamari. some parts are plain, some are too salty. the sambal mata also not as good as people says. found better one at a street foodcart in south of jakarta. another negative parts was the fishy smell that we got right after we entered the restaurant. the only good thing about this restaurant was the service. the waitresses serve you quick and well.

• Visited January 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“taste quite good but small place”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Disappointed with the place.. Very small to enjoying our food in there, cause sometime the elbow of the waiters hits you while you eating. oh no...
you have to parking farther from the restaurant.
then you have to waiting for long time to get chairs and to get your food actually.
but the taste quite good
I like the lobster but for me the lobster was so small than I expect..
maybe they have change the bigger lobster so we dont have to eat the shell.. haha

Visited January 2014

Been to Loobie Lobster? Share your experiences!