“very unprofessional hotel”

Ranked #86 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Berlin, Germany
“very unprofessional hotel”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

i stay in aston rasuna several times 2013 and 2014, location good, some restaurants and cafes in epiwalk and plaza festival, rooms average two star hotel, because aircondition leaking or not working, also aircondition smells, no equipment to use kitchen, washmachine sometimes not working, restroom always problems with toilett, shower curtain dirty, flies in the kitchen, ask for desinfection but nothing happens, absolut no service, in case of raining the water come into the room because windows can not close tight, rooms looks very old style, breakfast room very crauwded, no international breakfast standard, coffee uneatable, people always smoking in breakfast room, service people from the hotel are not able to order taxi, normally you have to wait 1 hr in the morning for taxi, absolut no service! reception staff open also private incoming mail for guests without explanations, hotel inadvisable,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Frank1201
AstonRasuna-Jakarta, General Manager at Aston Rasuna, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Mr. Frank1201,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Rasuna Jakarta ..

On behalf of the management, I would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us.

Regarding the matters you mentioned, I have immediately passed them on to the department concerned, to ensure that our service standards are improved and meet our guest's satisfaction. With respect to the air-conditioner, we have already replaced some of the faulty units in guest rooms with new ones, and regularly check and service them.

Above all, we thank you for your comments and input, which are very useful guidelines for the improvements we plan to make.

We sincerely hope that we can welcome you back to Aston Rasuna with significantly improved service quality. Again, let me personally apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Warmest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 31, 2014

If you stay here you will not feel staying in a hotel but you will feel that you are staying in your own apartment complex. I got this feeling while inside the apartment and when you go out, swimming pool etc. I stayed here for 3 weeks in 2 bed room apartment on 22nd floor. Hotel staff give you a lot of respect and helpful. At times you may feel that they do not understand your English properly so be patient to explain them. There are shopping malls close by for you to have fun. I used their business center for 3 weeks which was good but a small room. The apartment kitchen is small but with all facilities. if you need any thing in kitchen (utensils etc.) they will provide you but you have to ask for it. There is semi-automatic washing machine for you to clean your clothes. I am not sure if this is the case in all rooms. Bedrooms and hall are fitted with separate ACs. There are different kinds of charges. It is better you speak to the receptionist to make sure that what is included in your room tariff and what is not. I did not find the receptionist explain you from their side unless you ask them. Make sure you re-confirm with them about what they say. Overall my stay was memorable.

Room Tip: take a high floor room for better view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. DD_Sahoo,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Rasuna Jakarta ..

On behalf of the management, I would like express our warm thanks to your kind compliment. We are happy to read that you were satisfied with our product and service, as our priority is to satisfy and make our guest feeling comfortable while staying with us.

With reference to the information you wish our receptionist deliver to you, I have shared it with my Front Office Team, and have immediately followed up the matter you highlighted. Please rest assured that our receptionist will deliver the more detail information.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable comment. It would be a pleasure if we can welcome you back to Aston Rasuna Jakarta.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Booked 2 apartments of 2 bedroom on 29 December for 3 nights. Strongly asked for 2 apartments at same floor since I had big family members. On 29th afternoon, I checked in and found AC at one apartment was leaking. Engineering staff was called and promised it would be fixed. In the evening, around 10.30pm, just few minutes after entering the room, the AC was again leaking even much worse! Called an engineer and he said it coudn't be fixed and we had to move to another room. So my tired family, with 2 babies and lots of stuffs had to move in the night, just to found that we were given a new one at 11th floor, while the other was on 16th floor and this hotel has different elevators for odd and even floors so indeed it was frustrating to move from one another, not to say that only 1 elevator for each odd and even floors!! To make it worse, the wash basin at the other apartment was leaking too. Shouldn't this hotel have regular maintenance schedule, or they just don't bother to check rooms prior to sell them??? No apology was extended!! I called the reception and asked to talked with duty manager, and there was only a reception supervisor available. I asked him to address my complaint and I clearly said I want a duty manager to see me the next day. No one called nor come to see me until late afternoon. Again I called front desk, talked to a woman who introduced herself as assistant front office manager, and apparently she didn't know anything about the frustrations I had all night!! How ridiculous!! No hand over or any communications whatsoever from one shift to another?? This woman promised that the leaking wash basin would be fixed, and instead of seeing me, she gave me a phone number of the front office manager, should I have any other inquiry. And as a recovery, a fruit platter was sent, not even with an apology letter!! The management clearly has problems with communications, both with guests and internal, plus poor terrible maintenance!!! The worst stay I've ever had!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
AstonRasuna-Jakarta, General Manager at Aston Rasuna, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Mr/Mrs. Lovesnelle,

Warmest Greetings from Aston Rasuna Jakarta ..

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for your valuable comment, and would also like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while staying at Aston Rasuna.

With reference to your valued comment, please be rest assured that the Management has immediately followed up on the important matters that you have highlighted, and made them a matter pf concern, in order to ensure that our service standards will be much better improved in the immediate future.

In the mean time, we sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Aston Rasuna.

Thank you again for your kind input, attention and understanding.

Sampit, Indonesia
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The old hotel, there are cracks and dull room doors, bathroom even smaller than the budget hotels like tune hotels.
I chose this hotel because it offers a member Aston Rasuna. Aston hotel big names make my purchase.
But with the cost of the member that I spend is not comparable with the room I got.

Voucher to stay 2 nights in a two bedroom room. But size is only one queen bed and one single bed. It is only fit for 3 adults and free breakfast just for two people.
the bathroom was very terrible.

The staff is very nice, but not at the check-in staff.
I arrived before check-in time, but to join as a member Aston Rasuna, I wish granted early check -in but was not given at all.
The staff was told me to wait in the lobby with a child aged 16 months were very tired after the plane ride .
After waiting for an hour, still did not call. I saw guests arriving later even directly given the same room.
I took the initiative to ask other staff . it turned out rooms are available ! !
After all, I chose not to stay at this hotel again. uncomfortable room, the bathroom is terrible and a small, breakfast nothing special and join in the member hotel is also no excess facilities

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wie T
AstonRasuna-Jakarta, General Manager at Aston Rasuna, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Mr. Wie. T,

Greetings from The Aston Rasuna Jakarta ..

Thank you for staying at Aston Rasuna Jakarta and to share your valuable experience with us via Trip Advisor.

First of all, we would like to extend our deepest apology for any inconvenience caused while staying with us. I have personally shared your comments to my team and have also showed the website with your comments to them.

In response to your comments regarding the room, first of all let me deeply apologize if you feel the condition of the room is not up to your standards. It is my pleasure to further mention that we are in the midst of upgrading our rooms and will commence gradually with further enhancements to our hotel and public areas in the very near future, once the rooms have been fully upgraded to our expectations.

Thank you again for becoming our valued member and sharing with us. We hope that you will be able to book with us in the near future to experience our new and refreshed product.

I am delighted to hear your good comment regarding our staff and hope that we have the honor to have you as our guest again where we will serve you with better service and product.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Two of my colleagues and I stayed at the Aston Rasuna for 18 days. We had a 3 bed room apartment that was a very good deal. The hotel was close to many places that we needed to go and walking distance from a mall with many restaurants.

The room was clean, but we had alot of problem with the air conditioner that kept turning off and having to be reset. The restaurant had your typical iffy buffet options, but had pancakes and eggs made to order which were quite good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ersilberstein
Aston R, General Manager at Aston Rasuna, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Mr/Mrs. Ersilberstein,

We would like to express our warm thanks for your comment. We are happy to know that you had a good experience while staying at Aston Rasuna.

We apologize for the inconvenience regarding the air-conditioner, we have followed this up to ensure that our service standards are improved.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Jakarta
Reviewed November 4, 2013

upon check in i meet one of staff very helpul, she is greet the guest and smile, he approched me and offering same help, of course i said i want my room ready because almost waiting for 10 my room byt not ready yet, with her capability she's trying looking the best way for my requested, finally i get my rooms, also get free upgrede to next level, good service Risya

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Balianton,

Greetings from The Aston Rasuna ..

Thank you for your kind comment. First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while staying at Aston Rasuna.
We are glad to hear you were subsequently impressed by the service provided by Risya, our Asst. Front Office Manager.

I have shared your comment with her and she was very happy to hear it.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Aston Rasuna in the near future.

Warmest Regards,
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel is nicely situated not too far from CBD. The staff is friendly and rooms are also very nice. great hotel. would definitely stay again, The staff go out of their way to make you comfortable.Hotel has a great location and value for money,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Aston R, General Manager at Aston Rasuna, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Mr Mat F.

Thank you for your comment through Tripadvisor website. It is very valuable and pleasant.

We are very delighted to know that our hotel location and our associates able to deliver the satisfaction of our guests that what we are committing for.

I have shared your comment to our team here and they were very happy and excited to hear your delightful comments.

We look forward to welcome you back at Aston Rasuna whenever your busy schedule brings you back Jakarta.

Best regards,