“best staff ever”

Ranked #86 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Kansas City, Missouri
“best staff ever”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

staff was excellent and courteous. always willing to help and very trustworthy. Heriyantos, Ziam Melani, Dwi Artica, were assigned to my arean and were very thorough and helpful during my stay. They did great work.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
AstonRasuna-Jakarta, Public Relations Manager at Aston Rasuna, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Dear Mr. Clowerjohn,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at the Aston Rasuna- Jakarta.

We make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality of service delivery to our guests and thank you for recognizing Heriyantos, Ziam Melani, Dwi Artica, our housekeeping staff who impressed you by their service. It is with great pleasure that we are able to recognize them for the efforts to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again at Aston Rasuna – Jakarta.

Aston Rasuna Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed at Room 3007 for 23 days in December 2011 and Room 1207 for 15 days in January 2012 as a working couple. It is likely we will be doing this gig for the next 90 days and more.

Location choice being near to the office raises our productivity given the traffic grid lock on working days.

The locale is a cosmopolitan enclave of expatriates and pockets of locals living outside the walled & guarded condominium. Management is very security minded with cleanliness thrown in. We feel safe walking within the parameter of Epi-Centrum and Pasar Festival where you shop (in super markets and departmental stores), entertain (eat, drink, karaoke and movie) or just relax (massage).

Above all the people, Indonesians and Expatriates are the main consideration. By nature Indonesians are gentle and helpful with a kampung (village based community) spirit. They try their best in their service with a smile and accommodate our needs. With times, they will pick up more English and Mandarin linguistic skills from the international travellers coming to Indonesia for fun and business.

The government and the businessmen must do something about employees’ wages to match the inflation seen in their property, transport, medical and food bills. A happy employee serves customers whole heartedly without the need for the social norm of tips which can make quality service such a charade and sometime stressful for the guests to second guess the true cost. Hidden costs bump up the initial low cost that clinche the deal. Fortunately, in Aston Rasuna, we see less of this and we are thankful for this reasonable business like efficiency.

Room Tip: Take the North facing rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Aston Rasuna, responded to this review, January 8, 2017
Dear guest,

Warmest greeting from Hotel Aston Rasuna Jakarta!

Your feedback is truly valued and I sincerely appreciate on your overall compliments for our team for which certainly I will share it with them.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, we are exceptionally delighted to hear that your stay with us was truly convenience. I hope your good experience will lead you back to us on your next trip.

Kind regards,

Management Aston Rasuna
shumen
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Very good service. Very pleasent people.

I, very much like this oeoples of personal:
Heriyanto & Jian Melani.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Nikola N,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Aston Rasuna- Jakarta. It is always good to see our guests taking time to leave their valuable feedback. It has been very rewarding to know that our staff and the service could make you feel very satisfied.

We will look forward to seeing you next time.

With best regards,
Reviewed January 12, 2012

The hotel was great i like the facilities they got almost everything that you dont even need to go out from the building. the staff is very helpfull, friendly and always smiles to the guests. House keeping is good there are 3 person cleaning our room Lian and Panca are ok, but in 3 of them i like the most is Heriyanto cause he really do a Great Job.
The only thing Disappoint Us is the fixing of our aircondition it take 3 days after they fix it. I suggest to the hotel to check up the aircondition at least twice a month. Thanks

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Criseff,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We were very happy to hear that you have enjoyed our integrated facilities, and thank you for recognizing Lian, Panca and Heriyan to our housekeeping staff who have impressed you by their services. It is with great pleasure that you have recognized their efforts to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable experience during their stay.

We apologize to hear that you were only disappointed during your stay, with concern to the AC problem management has immediately evaluated in the interim to each Division Head, to take corrective action as you have mentioned and have individually look back to our Standard Operating Procedures which should have been presented to you at the highest level of customer satisfaction.

We thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Yours sincerely,
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Overall I enjoyed my 3 nights stay during long weekend holiday in June 2011 at Aston Rasuna Jakarta. It offers great location either for shopping or food and clean surroundings. The hotel's building is quite old. It has swimming pool, yet was not so inviting. The check-in process was smooth, the reception was friendly, so no complaints.

I have booked 2 BR suite with city view, but given a room in the opposite side. I called the receptionist, he tried to convince me I was given the right room as requested with city view and didn't have any other better room for me. I told him once again to check it out by himself that the room in fact did not have city view. After 3 minutes a man arrived to check it out (this is ridiculous, the receptionist really didn't believe what I have said LOL). The man was indeed agreed with me and confirmed the receptionist right away about my situation. He then gave me another room with (definitely better) view of Jakarta's metropolitan, which I wanted from the very beginning (but they told me before they don't have any better option, strange, isn't it?). The furniture in the room was quite dated, AC didn't work once but this problem was solved pretty quick. It was a bit hectic in my first hour here, but I was in the relaxing mood, so I didn't wanna go further with this issue anymore.

Tip : Go to Epicentrum Walk just next door, it offers great choices of fancy restaurants, which I enjoyed.

I come originally from Jakarta and love the craziness of this city. Yes, the traffic really is bad most of the time, but once you are in one of the fancy malls (I liked Pacific Place, Harvey Nichols, Grand Indonesia, Plaza Indonesia, etc), or in super cozy clubs (X1, Immigrant, Dragonfly, Alexi, etc), you would forget about it very quickly! It offers the best nightlife I have ever experienced so far (I'm living in Europe for quite a while and been to other parts of this damn beautiful world too, but I still prefer Jakarta for nightlife!). Shopping is also great! :)

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite with city view on 27th floor or higher
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Barakdr,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Aston Rasuna- Jakarta. Above all, we are very thankful for your trust in us with your staying for 3 nights with us.

Further to your comments, we sincere apologize for the misunderstanding and inconvenience during your arrival. Management has immediately evaluated and taken further corrective action for as you have mentioned.

In addition for your update, the Aston Rasuna will gradually begin renovations in selected public areas. Besides, the continuing process of upgrading or re-standardizing our rooms / units as an indication of our seriousness about providing the best possible facility & service for all our guests to enjoy, including the Units AC’s units and other Public area facilities.
We agree with such valued feedback will pull us back to keep on delivering our usual good standard of level of service and facilities to all our customers.

We really hope that this experience will not deter you and your guests for coming back to stay at the Aston Rasuna - Jakarta in the near future

Best Regards,

Darwin
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed in Aston Rasuna Jakarta for 7 nights after Christmas to spend our new years there. We stayed in 3 bedrooms apartments.

POSITIVE:
- Small but it was a great apartment with touch of modern. Love having the kitchenette and laundry for our convenience. Great price for what you get too. We booked via Agoda.
- Location was great. They are centrally located to most major offices and shopping malls in their own secure and safe complex. They have their own mini market and chemist so it was handy when travelling with small kids. But if you need to do bigger grocery shopping or just need to get out of your room for a little while there's Epicentrum shopping centre which mainly has varieties of cafes/restaurants, hairdresser, a small eatery downstairs & a much bigger supermarket which were only few mins walk from the hotel. It is also only 5mins drive to some of the best affordable shopping malls ie, ITC Kuningan, Mal Ambasaddor & Plaza Semanggi. But watch out going to ITC Kuningan and Mall Ambasaddor there's always heavy traffic due to the ongoing road work. I was told the road work will finish in 2014. But it was always worth it going to ITC Kungingan because I always get anything I need/want at a very cheap price if you know how to bargain so you don't need to go too far great deals, Mall Ambasaddor is right next door, they both attached together. The most you pay to get there in a metered tax approx Rp,20,000. We usually stop the taxi at the opposite side of the malls instead of letting the taxi to do the turn around in that kind of traffic jam. There's a pedestrian crossings with the light that takes you directly infront of the Mall Ambasaddor so safer for you to cross that way. To go back to Aston it only cost aprox Rp.10,000 as it was easier & faster for the taxi to go in that direction. Aston is also 10mins drive to more elite (and alot more expensive) shopping malls ie, Plaza Indonesia. To those with husband/partner & children who need to have other varieties besides Indonesian cuisine or the hotel food, there's MacDonald and other Middle Eastern cuisine only less than 10mins walk from the hotel.
- Free internet ADSL included in the room package which was handy. Esp, their internet speed not as slow as we've experienced at other hotels/resorts. BUT it was annoying that it was only a 24hr time limit on the internet so we have to call reception to get new pin every time it ran out of time.

The NEGATIVES:
- If you need a request (NOT that they listen to it anyway) or have a question don't just email their hotel directly. Make sure you cc their main office and managements. Because we live in Australia and I always want everything in writing, I made the mistake keep writing to them but didn't get any reply for ages. It wasn't until I cc the managements too that I got a response pretty quick.
- There were 3 groups of us that travel and booked with them. We booked our apartments with them approximately 5months prior to our arrival. And specifically requested that we can be put on the same floor. They NEVER reply to any of the emails regarding the requests. Not until after my mom made a call to them that they told her it can't be guaranteed which we were fine with it. They actually did a total opposite with our request. Our 3 apartments booked on the 10th, 14th and 33rd floor. So visiting each other was a real pain with the slow lift.
- How can a big hotel with 33 floors ONLY have 3 lifts??? All their lifts was ridiculously SLOW!!! And this we have to share with their staff. One of their lift broke about 3 times when we were there. Their 1st lift only go up to the odd number floors and one go up to the even number floors. Suggestion: if you need to go to the 10th floor and only the odd number lift available, take that and stop at 9th or 11th floor and take the stairs. Faster than waiting for your own lift. That still amazed us til now a hotel which only offering 1-3 bedroom apartments with 33 floors only have 3 guest lifts. Years ago before we have our kids, my husband & I used to work at a 4.5 star that only has 8 floor with 200 rooms (which majority only hotel rooms & studios), it has 2 main guest lifts and 1 staff lift, now that was standard!
- The reception staff can speak English BUT they seemed to have hard time understanding English. I'm Indonesian background so I ended up speaking bahasa with them instead since it used to frustrate me when I speak English to them. My husband is an Australian gentleman without that typical strong thick Aussie accent but yet he has to repeat himself at least 2-3 times and so yes it also frustrate him too. We find maybe only 1-2 reception staff that can actually understand English.
- Breakfast was pretty bad.
- There seemed to be always something that housekeeping forget when servicing our room. One day they forget to empty the bin and the next day it was something etc.

The next time we in Jakarta we won't stay at Aston again but we will be staying around the same area :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Vicary,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Aston Rasuna- Jakarta. Above all, we are very thankful for your trust in to stay for 7 nights with us. We are pleased to hear that our property location was very beneficial to you.

Further to your comments, we were of course most alarmed to learn that your experience did not meet the high standards we strive to achieve. Please accept our sincere apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. We appreciate you bringing these detailed issues to our attention and the opportunity to address your feedback and sincerely will be addressed to the management to evaluate.

Once again, we sincerely thank you for your valuable comments for our improvement in the near future time. We hope to have you back at the Aston Rasuna - Jakarta in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed December 26, 2011

I stayed there on 24-26 December 2011 together with my family to celebrate Christmas.

The moment I stepped into this Hotel, I greeted by a smiley Security officer at the entrance. But, none of the 3 receptionists at the Front Desk greeted me or smile at me as I approached. One of them told me that the check in time was at 14.00 so she asked me to wait in the Restaurant and had welcome drinks. (We arrived at around 12.45 at that time).
After 14.15, I came to Front Desk and again nobody greeted me and offered anything. I asked what time the room will be ready and this young lady told me that the room wasn't ready yet. No apology and no smile.
Then finally I took my family to had late lunch at one of the restaurants nearby and got the room after.

The room was nice and clean, complete facilities provided. One of the AC in the rooms was not cold at all but we didn't mind.
I met few staffs in the elevator and also in lobby area and found that only Housekeeping and Security staffs who was courteous. The rest didn't even show their hospitality.

Even when I came to Front Desk to ask my key to be reprogrammed because it was expired before check out time, the guy who handled me didn't apologize for my inconvenience.
It's sad that the front liners didn't pay enough attention to their attitude. I've been working in a hospitality industry for 10 years and I never treat my guests on the way they treated me here.

I think the quality of service is the most important thing in a hospitality industry and that's what I don't experience in Hotel Aston Rasuna.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank theresay
Dear Ms. Theresay,

Greeting from Aston Rasuna – Jakarta,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit to the Aston Rasuna - Jakarta.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the shortfalls you encountered. We appreciate you bringing these detailed issues to our attention and the opportunity to address your valuable feedback.

We agree with such important feedback will pull us back to keep on delivering our usual good standard of level of service and facilities to all our customers. We will investigate the points raised in your review and speak to the relevant Department Managers to address the not so delightful experiences of your stay.

Once again thank you for taking your time to write this review and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenienced caused and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back in the very near future.

Best Regards,