“elegant city hotel”

The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan
Ranked #2 of 472 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed June 15, 2010

staid there for four nights in march as part of my vacation before heading to bali. booked a club mayfair suite which was huge and comfy and equipped with all one needs and expects in a ritz-carlton. this was my first time in jakarta where we were welcomed at the airport by the hotel limousine and after a 40min drive we arrived at the hotel. after passing the security controls (one at the car entrance and another one at the hotel entrance) we were welcomed by the club management. the club lounge and facilities were excellent and huge. plenty to eat and drink including good cocktails. club concierge services who did some bookings for us were excellent. hotel has a large and very relaxing pool and a large fitness center.hotel is located next to large shopping malls (5min taxi ride); to the olf harbour of jakarta it takes about 30min (with less traffic).
all in all we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tomo4567
Write a ReviewReviews (1,667)

Reviewed May 5, 2010

Ritz Carlton Jakarta has been a dear place to me and my fiance. It's always a pleasure everytime we plan a weekend getaway, or just a short stay to escape the city's hectic life routine. The staffs are very attentive, they remembered each and every detail about their guests, and they're very quick and efficient too. There's always a personal touch to our rooms that makes us feel special, the warm welcomes, the soft beds, and on my special occasion they even printed my picture and place it beside my bed...

Ritz has always felt like a second home to me, even better than my original home...

Keep up the good work - I will always want to come back. :)

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2010

stayed there for a night for leisure reason, and had a pleasant experience.. room was spacious and definitely clean, service was marvelous as staff called a couple of times making sure if everything was fine and if there was anything i needed.. location-wise, it is good as surrounded by many hang out places and good restaurants..
will definitely stay there again and recommend to relatives..

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I travel often to Jakarta, usually staying at the Four Seasons or the Hyatt. On my last trip to celebrate my birthday, I ventured out and decided to stay at the Ritz Carlton because of its proximity to the trendiest areas in town. Through a promotional offer, I luckily ended up in one of the junior suites. I was extremely impressed with the hotel facilities, staff friendliness and professionalism, but best yet, their impeccable service. My work takes me around the world, and must I say, this hotel has won my loyalty and business. I can not wait for my next trip. I will be staying at the Ritz for sure!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Stayed for week and had exceptional service -- rooms and ammenities were Excellent. Gym and sauna are great for Asia and have all the equipment you need. LOcation of hotel is approx 30 minutes (depending on traffice -- and traffic can be very BAD) from major shopping and restaurants. Recommend you upgrade to Club Privledges (believe $45 US/day) as it is very worth it for the free drinks from 6pm till Midnight ....they serve breakfast/lunch/dinner there as well and you can get soda/coffee/etc all day long. Well worth the upgrade. Throughout my entire trip I was met with a smile and was treated super. Would definitely stay there again. ONe note, smoking is allowed in the hotel Lobby area so there is a smell of smoke that seems to be in all the open spaces -- so if smoke bothers you, you may want to look at another place. It did not bother me, nor could I smell it in the room -- had non-smoking room.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2010

On 26 feb 2010, for the purposes of the event in Jakarta, we booked 2 grand rooms at the ritz carlton hotel, mega kuningan, the reason we chose the hotel because the best recommended, and so we arrive, our child, 3 years old, was very enjoyed it but that did not last more than 2 hours, the first time we used the closet in the bathroom, the closet is flushing at the time, it appeared that water gushed out from the closet, .. ohooooohhh, finally engineering staff is called to fix a troublesome toilet, and we left the hotel for a purpose, my brother and daddy lived was resting in the room. After about an hour of repairing, the closet isn't becoming right, even the water which seeped into the carpet in the room. severity of the engineering staff who improved the closet leave away, Closet water began to multiply, eventually some of the water flood the room. We were panic to see the rising water, eventually we asked the other engineering staff again to help us to move the other room. It is the worst closet and the worst service of engineering staff had been seen in A FIVE STAR HOTEL.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank guan77
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Checked into this hotel for the weekend with my parents to attend a wedding. The hotel had added security measures after the recent attacks and show no signs of the damage. The magnificent huge lobby made the hotel look grand and the superb service from the reception staff made me feel invited. The security staff was also very warm and not intimidating.

Reception was quick and they even made allowances and got us a 2 queen bed room even though we had ordered a king bed room. The beds in the room were huge and really felt more like King Size beds. Room was easily one of the most spacious in the city and the layout of the room was also great. Bathroom had a large soaking tub which had a view as well. Even though it was a standard room, it would easily qualify as suites in other hotels.

As we had a promotional rate, it was relatively good value though no breakfast was provided. Only drawback to the hotel was the exorbitant rates charged for internet usage, as well as the slight inconvenient location of the hotel which is in Kuningan. Tourists would be better suited to find a hotel in Sudirman area as there is more shopping and dining areas there. If transport is not a problem, this has got to be one of the best hotels ever in Jakarta.

• Stayed: January 2010