“So so, this time... But I'll be back as always!”

The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan
Ranked #3 of 461 Hotels in Jakarta
Dubai
“So so, this time... But I'll be back as always!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

Is the Ritz Carlton a bank or Hotel... Be careful! Quotes are in dollars, but you cant pay in dollars. Billing is in Rupia, converted at a rate conveniient to the hotel, billed at a Rupia Rate of 12000 (2000 above market at the time of my visit), refund given at a Rupia rate of 9300 per Dollar for city break deals.

Otherwise, rooms are spacious, although this time smelt a little damp. Airlanga is great for Brunch and breakfast. But why the tea is always cold and weak, I don't know!

The Italian is good, the band in the clun are worth watching... Staff are great!!!

Of course I'll stay again, because it's a great location, spacious rooms, good food, and the beds are oh so comfy! :)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RichieC911

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2009

From the moment i arrived at the hotel i was greated with smiles and felt very welcome - Once id made it past the bomb squad, machine gun carrying teenager and metal detector - The lobby is spacious and very eye catching in its design. When i got up to my room i was slightly shocked at the size of the bed, the size of the flatscreen tv, the size of my window, the view, the double doors to my bathroom, 2 sinks, electric blinds, and as ive already mentioned the shower, which literally made it a pleasure to get up for work!

With any 5* hotel its the little touches that make the difference for me, in shangrila's they impring the logo into the ash trays. At the ritz, room service leave little sachets of neck relaxant at night. And apon checking in, a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries, fresh fruit and my choice of paper. Christmas day - Despite being a muslim country - i found a stocking full of sweets and goodies. New years day i found a box wishing me luck in 2009 and more luxury chocolates.

The staff were extremely helpful and almost seemed pleased to be asked to help. A good example if you go is to go into the hotel nightclub/bar and pull a ciggarette out and watch the bar staff run up to light it for you. On one occasion i had four members of staff to choose from.

The facilities are very good too, the 5th floor rooftop swimming pool has little hideaways to rest in. Also three pool side bungalows offer shelter from the sun. The gym looked very good - from the outside.

The breakfast on offer is again one of the best i have encountered in 5* hotels. The amount to chose from ranged from yogurt to mongolian porridge with goat and everything in between! For evening meals however, the food is good, however rather overpriced. You will be better off walking for 5 minutes round the square and trying a restaurant there.

The only slight issues with the hotel for me would be the location, which in the Jakartan traffic could get abit tedious. The anti bomb squad at first seem intimidating but after awhile a rapport is reached and it is fine.

All in all, i think this hotel and its staff made a 2 week business trip feel more like a holiday, very comfortable beds and great rooms. just get a room purely for the showers if anything!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank LuckyMcTucky
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

Very large rooms, great room service, good gym and a Great spa open till very late. Perfect for a busines trip. The it is quite friendly, especially the concierge and the doorman. Slightly out of the main business district to quiter than Grand Hyatt. My no 1 choice in the city

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2009

Ritz Carlton Hotel in Jakarta is the best hotel I ever stayed in. The room was amazing, clean, spacious and tastefully decorated - very luxarious. The service was brilliant, the decor was lovely and the hotel had one of the best outdoor space for jogging. True oasis in city centre.
As I was travveling on my own, female, I was told not to go out in the night by myself so I truly enjoyed in the hotel restaurant and very friendly service. I wasn't impressed with Jakarta but certanly I was impressed with Ritz.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank LondonSunshine15
Farnborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2009

Other reviews have commented on the generous room sizes and standard of the rooms and bathrooms. I'll therefore not repeat, other than to say these are really big, clean and pleasant rooms.

For me what made my visit stand out was the attention to detail and general friendliness of the hotel's staff. The one time they made a very, very minor mistake the person concerned was very apologetic.

To give just one example of the help;
I arranged for myself a trip away over the weekend I was there to visit Putri. On checking with the front desk the time I needed to allow for a taxi to get to the harbour they immediately offered to make all the arrangements for me, gave me a card to call when I knew my return time so another taxi could be arranged. I had a great time and on the way back called to arrange the transport, because the boat I was on was so noisy I couldn't hear the information properly. However, to get around this I received a text to my mobile with all the details of the taxi meeting me. A few moment after I got into the taxi I received a call to check everything had worked out and I'd found the driver.

It's that little extra attention that turns a good experience into a great one in my opinion. There's more but in the same light, just going that little extra.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2009

I accompanied my husband on his business trip in Jakarta and had the most delightful time at the Ritz Carlton. We were booked to stay on Club Level where we spent a lot of our time chilling out at the business centre and the private lounge area. Everything about the club privilege was spot-on, the professional service, the complimentary food and drinks, the distinctive amenities and not to forget the ultra-comfortable bedroom and spacious bathroom. The view from our room was spectacular with Jakarta skyline right in front of us. Walking around the city during the day could get a little exhausted from the high humidity but our room was proven to be a true Oasis.

We could have our breakfast at the lounge but the main breakfast buffet on ground floor was much more appealing with greater variety of foods. We had different menus everyday and didn't get bored from the same choices like we normally experience in other hotels. One downside is the location, may be the RItz at Pacific Place will be a better choice for myself who has literally nothing to do during the day, but for business travellers, I highly recommend the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tiger_sist
Semarang
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2009

I stayed at Ritz Carlton Jakarta with my family during the New Year holiday. The hotel located at the Kuningan, Jakarta. We were lucky to stay there during the holiday because we could avoid the traffic jam. My first impression is “Wow…what a tall hotel I ever seen in Jakarta”. Personally, I don’t like the hotel security check. It’s too long to check our car. After entering the hotel, I amazed by the grandeur lobby. It’s very luxurious with marble floors, columns and high atrium. The staff first impression is conceited. I guess it because they doubt us as their guest. After we check in they become very handy and nice (what a change??). We stayed at Grand room. The room was the biggest standard room I’ve ever stayed in Jakarta. It consists of seating area, bed area, and work area in one big room. The room is also equipped with LCD TV!! It’s pretty surprising to find it, even on hotel newer than this hotel. The bathroom is huge, clean, and luxurious. The bathroom windows are also impressing. I could see Jakarta skylines when I bathe. The pool and jogging track are also very nice and well maintained. I really enjoy swim at the hotel pool. The breakfast at Airlangga was the hugest breakfast I’ve ever ate in any Jakarta hotel. It also has a noodle stand too. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay there. Everything was top notch!

• Liked — the luxurious accomodation
  • Disliked — the doubtful staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)